RCI Drink Package Review

Cruisin’A

Hi, fellow cruisers!! This is my first post, so I figured that I should begin by offering some of my experience instead of asking (will do plenty of that later!). A review of the age old question: Is the drink package worth it? Disclaimer:I only have experience with RCI. ... For my upcoming cruise in September, the beverage package is $39/night (prepurchase). I often hear that you need to drink quite a bit to come ahead and about drink fatigue. I think many forget that there is more to drink than just alcohol. For my last cruise in May, I obsessed about getting it and finally purchased it. On a typical day, I would have about four bottled waters($4 each), a couple of soda refills($4 each) a smoothie ($5) specialty coffee($6), two glasses of wine with dinner($13 each), an espresso($4) and a frozen mango mojito ($13). As you can see, it far was worth what I paid for the package (that one was $42/night). Now, you may be saying, Cruisin’A, I don’t really drink soda or coffee and I can refill my water bottle. Well, same with me. However, it is Vaca and I went wild and had Diet Cherry Coke and a different coffee each day. I always wanted a couple of waters with me, especially at night, and I was not about to head to some water dispenser at 2am. I am not a big drinker anymore either, but do enjoy trying new drinks. With the package, you can try the specialties, something funky, whatever. If you don’t like it, order something different since it is all included. I am almost embarrassed to say that my fave drink of the cruise was a plain banana smoothie. I would pick one up after the thermal suite. I plan on attacking the no sugar added fresh juices in September! Soo, even with a scaled down order of two waters ($8) for excursion or bed, two sodas ($8) just because, one smoothie because they are amazing and yes, you can add vodka ($5/10), one coffee ($6), espresso ($4), two drinks ($26) you are ahead. After my next cruise, I become a Diamond level, so I will get a number of free drinks, but I think I may still do the package. Once I figure it out and try it, I will write a review (hopefully shorter, sorry about the length)!. For me, the answer is def that the package is worth it. Even if you have three drinks a day, that will be $39/day. For just a few bucks more, you can have unlimited liquids all day. What are your thoughts? Happy cruising!!

Hi, fellow cruisers!! This is my first post, so I figured that I should begin by offering some of my experience instead of asking (will do plenty of that later!). A review of the age old question: Is the drink package worth it? Disclaimer:I only have experience with RCI. ... For my upcoming cruise in September, the beverage package is $39/night (prepurchase). I often hear that you need to drink quite a bit to come ahead and about drink fatigue. I think many forget that there is more to drink than just alcohol. For my last cruise in May, I obsessed about getting it and finally purchased it. On a typical day, I would have about four bottled waters($4 each), a couple of soda refills($4 each) a smoothie ($5) specialty coffee($6), two glasses of wine with dinner($13 each), an espresso($4) and a frozen mango mojito ($13). As you can see, it far was worth what I paid for the package (that one was $42/night). Now, you may be saying, Cruisin’A, I don’t really drink soda or coffee and I can refill my water bottle. Well, same with me. However, it is Vaca and I went wild and had Diet Cherry Coke and a different coffee each day. I always wanted a couple of waters with me, especially at night, and I was not about to head to some water dispenser at 2am. I am not a big drinker anymore either, but do enjoy trying new drinks. With the package, you can try the specialties, something funky, whatever. If you don’t like it, order something different since it is all included. I am almost embarrassed to say that my fave drink of the cruise was a plain banana smoothie. I would pick one up after the thermal suite. I plan on attacking the no sugar added fresh juices in September! Soo, even with a scaled down order of two waters ($8) for excursion or bed, two sodas ($8) just because, one smoothie because they are amazing and yes, you can add vodka ($5/10), one coffee ($6), espresso ($4), two drinks ($26) you are ahead. After my next cruise, I become a Diamond level, so I will get a number of free drinks, but I think I may still do the package. Once I figure it out and try it, I will write a review (hopefully shorter, sorry about the length)!. For me, the answer is def that the package is worth it. Even if you have three drinks a day, that will be $39/day. For just a few bucks more, you can have unlimited liquids all day. What are your thoughts? Happy cruising!!

I agree with you 100%. I started getting the drink package as soon as they offered it and it is the best thing to happen to cruising. I hate thinking about my bar bill at the end of a cruise. This not only eliminates that, it allows me to drink things other than alcohol and try mixed drinks I wouldn't normally.

I make diamond status also next cruise and am already discussing with family that I will probably still get the package. I drink more than in just the evenings but I do get drink fatigue. Glad someone put a name to it.