anyone notice FTTF not selling out on ship?

I decided not to book FTTF but i used to every single cruise. The price increase was the deciding factor. It seems that on my particular cruise im not the only one. I booked this cruise in December to sail in October. Im 90 days out now and its still available.

And it hasnt ever sold out.

Thats not been my experience in the past so just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

I’m sure the price increase has driven some people away, but I think the staggered boarding times also have a lot to do with it - if you get an early check-in time, that removes a lot of the motivation to get FTTF.

I’m sure the price increase has driven some people away, but I think the staggered boarding times also have a lot to do with it - if you get an early check-in time, that removes a lot of the motivation to get FTTF.

The price increase has definitely driven us away. We managed pretty well years ago before the introduction of FTTF. We're getting close to being Platinum. I think we can get by without FTTF for a couple of cruises. With the money we're saving by not buying FTTF, my wife can buy a few more lattes at the coffee bar. ;)

This is an interesting thread, Carnival seems to be close to the tipping point on price. FTTF still selling but not selling out on all cruises. We will never know the bean counters analysis of supply and demand, but if the price stays the same for an extended period we will be at that point.

Maybe, just maybe, people are beginning to realize that paying for free items, is just silly?

Time is money and that is what you pay for with FTTF. It is your opinion that it is silly and thousands of others disagree. However, with the recent price increases people are finding that the price now outweighs the benefit. Drop it back down and watch it sell out fast just like before.

We will get FTTF if we have a itinerary that has tenders, but on our upcoming cruise in October we will be docking at all ports and we will not get it or even check to see if available. That might have an impact on how many people purchase it. It is rare we ever have to go to service desk so other than the first few hours during embarkation it has no impact on our cruise.

We're sailing on the Magic on 8/25 and FTTF has been sold out for quite awhile. I don't need it for our cabin, as we're Plat., but would like to get it for brother's cabin and I have never been able to find it available. We didn't book the cruise until March and it was already sold out. I'm sure many of the people purchased it before the most recent price increase.

We booked 3 months out from sail date. For a month I frequently tried day and night for FTTF, it finally became available and I snagged it. It was sold out again for a week and then all of a sudden it became available again and has stayed that way since.

For our Alaska cruise for next July (2019), I noticed FTTF became available about 2 1/2 months ago and it's still available. Don't know if it's because Seattle embarkation and staggered times make embarkation much smoother, the lack of tender ports or the price increase or what but it's not selling for that particular cruise.