How To Deal with Work Between Cruises ... Please Feel Free to Add Your Suggestions

bob&karen

This cruise addiction thing has truly become terminal. We came off our latest adventure(Golden Princess, Eastern Caribbean) 2 weeks ago tomorrow - usually I'd be in major P.C.D. (Post-Cruise Depression, to the uninitiated) but I'm actually still riding a nice post-cruise buzz and feeling almost - not quite, but almost - as blissful as when I was on the ship.

Here's my secret:

The Ideal Between-Cruise Work Space Environment

If anyone has any favorite cruising trinkets or souviners, PLEASE kick in here with your suggestions! I'd love to hear how other people cope icon_cool.gif

Bob

P.S. - Today at work, I called a place we do business with and the receptionist responded with "Oh! You're the guy they told me to talk to about taking a cruise!! We've been thinking about it and ... (etc etc etc)

One of the most flattering moments of my life ...

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

I have a picture of the Caribbean Princess as wallpaper on my computer, and I had a picture of the Golden we took at Princess Cays blown up and it is hanging over the computer at eye level. icon_biggrin.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

I bring home a selection of adult beverages from the Caribbean. When the situation calls for it, I prescribe a shot, or two, or three of such distillates for myself. If my supply reaches a critically low level, I know it's time for another cruise.

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Spongerob,

Yeh, but our next cruise isn't for a while. I may have already mentioned to you that we brought 15 bottles of rum home in our carry-on on 4/17, but there are only 2 left ... what's a boy to do???

OK, we gave alot away as souvenirs, but still ...

Bob

P.S.: Linda - HI !!!

'Dawg -- I was hoping I could borrow your script ... icon_biggrin.gif

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

Well Bob...I actually come here to cruise critic and head over to the Princess roll call forum and catch up with my Golden 4/10 buddies!!! I check out the latest photos that have been posted from our cruise (none of which are mine b/c I'm having technical difficulties). Then...we all discuss our plans for the big June '05 cruise. That's how I'm gettin' by. Oh...that and listening to a LOT of Buffett icon_wink.gif. Finzup! Ciao!

Looking for a 'scrip, Bob?

WWJBD?

"There's booze in the blender

And soon it will render

That frozen concoction that helps me hang on."

Finzup!

Just completed:

Caribbean Princess Apr 3/04

Golden Princess Apr 10/04

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

It's hard to bear, I just count how many more commissions I need for the next cruise. And talk, talk, talk cruising with anyone that will respond. icon_smile.gif Cruise Critics helps a lot! I need a desk like Bob's.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

I find the best way to cope is to start obsessing about my next cruise right away. And check onto the boards a least once or twice a day. I also try to convince evryone I see how wonderful cruising is. My daughter once accused me of being cruise missionary. A worthy cause - I think so!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nrknits:

I find the best way to cope is to start obsessing about my next cruise right away. And check onto the boards a least once or twice a day. I also try to convince evryone I see how wonderful cruising is. My daughter once accused me of being cruise missionary. A worthy cause - I think so!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! LOL!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

12/2/04 Sun Princes

2/27/04 Golden Princess

11/21/03 Majesty of the Seas

Carnival 10/87

NCL 4/93

Norway 4/95

Costa 5/97

I am a little concerned that I am looking forward to my next cruise just to be able to book another cruise. Do I need therapy?!?!

icon_biggrin.gif

Derrick

Alaska Sampler on the Diamond Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;4;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

First Anniversary on the Sun Princess in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

One last cruise before the anklebiters come along. Bangkok to Beijing on the Sapphire Princess.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;03;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We got hitched at sea in November, 2003 Aboard the Golden Princess

I sit in front of a computer all day making a feeble attempt at working until I can't see any more (yeah computers!) and then I have to recover so I am able to drive home.

In the process of planning - possibly on the Caribbean Princess in August. I have to work around my school schedule in addition to building up vacation time (only 2 weeks/year).

-gopher's girl

I have a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

We have become carriers of the cruise-ache-virus. We are planning a cruise in November and so far have accosted family, friends, neigbors and co-workers getting them "on board" with the idea. Now we are never more than a speed dial away from someone who is just as anxious. Also when you get a virgin.. there is a referral credit, which perpetuates the viscious cycle as a $50 credit at Princess for a future cruise is WAY more than the needed excuse to select another cruise. icon_eek.gif

One open Princess booking

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Thank you for starting this thread! I thought I was alone on this one! Now I finally have been diagnosed: PCD. I suffer this disease every time I come back from a cruise: can't concentrate at work, hate driving in this crazy Miami traffic, food doesn't taste good, hate making my own bed, etc etc etc. In order to relieve these symtomps I have surrounded my office and home desks as well as my bathroom and refrigerator with photos and/or magnets of all cruise ships I've been on, photos of Caribbean beaches such as Meagan Bay (St Thomas), Aruba's Natural Bridge, Gran Cayman's Seven Mile Beach, Princess Cay, and the most beautiful of them all: Half Moon Cay (Holland's America's private island); I also have a few Caribbean sunrises and sunsets, and the best cruise ships pools I've known so far: Grand Princess Lap Pool, Rotterdam's Lido Pool and Aft Pool! Oh, and most important: I make sure that I book my next cruise within one month after we return, if possible to cruise again within six months! I need to cruise twice a year for my own sanity! It's the only medicine that works! (LOL)

11/04 HAL/Zuiderdam

02/04 HAL/Rotterdam

09/03 RCI/Majesty of the Seas

04/03 RCI/Navigator of the Seas

06/02 Princess/Grand Princess

05/98 Celebrity/Mercury

07/97 Celebrity/Century

06/96 Celebrity/Century

05/95 Celebrity/Zenith

06/82 Premier/Dolphin

Always have another cruise in the works when getting off of one. Find a wacky bunch of people from previous cruise who are planning another "reunion" cruise and converse hourly with them while getting your dh (or dw) to say the magic "book it".

Meg

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do then by the ones you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Archived