Newbie Azamara Cruiser - Shore Excursion "Workaround"

suzyluvs2cruise

We prefer private tours when possible. For our 8/30 itinerary it's not been easy. Example.....Honfleur. Tour guides mostly are available from Le Havre....not Honfleur. Not able to connect with any private tours from Bremen to Bremerhaven. If anyone knows of tour operators for these ports, please share.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Forums mobile app

Honfleur is so pretty that personally I would not want to do a tour from there. You are lucky to be berthing there with Azamara as most ships berth in Le Havre, a large industrial town and then everyone goes to lovely Honfleur on a tour!

It's right on the river Seine and you can stroll into the charming town, people watch, there is a beautiful church, a pretty harbour filled with bars and restaurants, history all around you and of course, the opportunity to try delicious Calvados and Normandy Cider. You can't go wrong with those French cheeses either. 😄

Honfleur is so pretty that personally I would not want to do a tour from there. You are lucky to be berthing there with Azamara as most ships berth in Le Havre, a large industrial town and then everyone goes to lovely Honfleur on a tour!

It's right on the river Seine and you can stroll into the charming town, people watch, there is a beautiful church, a pretty harbour filled with bars and restaurants, history all around you and of course, the opportunity to try delicious Calvados and Normandy Cider. You can't go wrong with those French cheeses either. [emoji1]

Agree about Honfleur. We've been there on a tour from Le Havre previously. Beautiful town. Now we want to go to Giverny and Monet's house/gardens.

Agree about Honfleur. We've been there on a tour from Le Havre previously. Beautiful town. Now we want to go to Giverny and Monet's house/gardens.

Sorry, didn't realise you had been to Honfleur before.

It's about a one hour forty drive from Honfleur to Giverny so you could hire a car. That would be easy and the roads are good.

Or why not ask one of the private tour companies that pick up in Le Havre if they could come to Honfleur to collect you? It would cost a bit more but it's not that far that it would be impossible.

It's right on the river Seine and you can stroll into the charming town, people watch, there is a beautiful church, a pretty harbour filled with bars and restaurants, history all around you and of course, the opportunity to try delicious Calvados and Normandy Cider. You can't go wrong with those French cheeses either.

Lottie I am planning on going to Monets area abd come bs k to walk around and eat. Now I might need to see more if this place. Nit a good car person that could be to much driving in a bus. In a car I can get fresh air .

Is there a way to download a Shore Excursion brochure for a particular cruise? We have another one booked in February and I'd love to have the ability to save them....possible PDF....and see the offline.

Yes, you can download a brochure. It’s a bit complicated, but here goes.

Click on ‘View Itinerary’ for your cruise, then either click on ‘Shore Excursions’ on the top tab, or scroll down until you get to a box which says ‘View All Excursions for this voyage’, click on the box then scroll down to find the words ‘View E-Brochure of all Excursions’. Click on that and it will bring up the brochure. Alongside the first page at the top right you should see three little blue boxes, one with a side pointing arrow, one with a PDF page symbol and one with an upward pointing arrow. You can use the top arrow to email the brochure and the middle one to bring up a PDF of the brochure (which you can then copy to iBooks).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had several that we booked ahead, cancelled and rebooked onboard last year, and they were all charged at the higher onboard price

It was during last year that the “concession”came in that allowed the rebooks to be at the dollar price that prevailed when booking. Maybe you were before that change.

The problem for sterling bookers is you have to do a lot to make sure you know what the dollar price was on booking day - resetting your country to US and then back.

Yes the workaround is relatively easy for US guests it’s not great for others especially when you add in the exchange rate difference costs when changing back your dollar refund

Yes, you can download a brochure. It’s a bit complicated, but here goes.

Click on ‘View Itinerary’ for your cruise, then either click on ‘Shore Excursions’ on the top tab, or scroll down until you get to a box which says ‘View All Excursions for this voyage’, click on the box then scroll down to find the words ‘View E-Brochure of all Excursions’. Click on that and it will bring up the brochure. Alongside the first page at the top right you should see three little blue boxes, one with a side pointing arrow, one with a PDF page symbol and one with an upward pointing arrow. You can use the top arrow to email the brochure and the middle one to bring up a PDF of the brochure (which you can then copy to iBooks).

Thank you! :)

I believe we've had verification from Bonnie that cancelled and re-booked excursions will be honored at the original price once they had to extend the work-around.

Correct. That became the policy a few months back, after I called attention to the posts from this community complaining about the unfairness. You see, your complaints are heard!

Correct. That became the policy a few months back, after I called attention to the posts from this community complaining about the unfairness. You see, your complaints are heard!

That's great for those who are on Cruise Critic and find out about it. As a new Azamara cruiser I didn't find out about this until excursions had gone up in price. Is there anything in the works for Azamara cruisers to be able to use OBC from Azamara to book excursions pre-cruise?