Towels and Other Newbie Questions

Cyber Kat

I was just reading a thread about pool towels over on another board and it has me wondering how Azamara does it.

I’ve done the pool towel chase on other lines, where they have to be checked in and out, and always accounted for or you get charged. I’ve also done Viking where you take a towel when you need it, then drop it in a bin when you are done.

Which way is it on Azamara?

Also are there sea cards to get in and out of your room or do they use the trendy bracelets? I prefer a card. Do you need the card or bracelet for drinks? How do they determine if you have one of the upgraded packages?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Towels: like Viking. Seacards from room access and on board charges. I don't drink so don't have any insight on drink package administration but included stuff, including soft drinks, lattes and such, included booze and wine/beer, they don't ask for the card.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

Loads of towels all around the pool deck and on the sun-deck. They’re put out on sun beds first thing and you can help yourself any time.

No idea how it works for non-included drinks, but you don’t show anything for included drinks - just either ask a waiter or go and get them yourself from the bar. Plenty of waiters around on the pool deck and they also come up to the sun deck, tho’ less frequently.

I had the incIuded wines only, but did note a different, slightly larger wine glass in use by a tablemate. Turns out she had an upgraded beverage package and the glass made it easy for servers to spot. Frankly, I quite enjoyed the Chain of Fire pinot from Australia that was poured during our March cruise out of Sydney.

As others have said towels are freely available and there are two sizes of towels a large size for putting on the sun beds and a smaller one presumably for drying. On deck 9, the main pool deck, large towels are placed on the sun beds but there’s also a towel station on starboard side by the pool bar. On deck 11 there are usually the supplies of the smaller towels put out, or you can just take them from the towel station on deck 9. In ports where there are beach options towels will also be available at the disembarkation point.

Conventional key cards are in use and for included drinks there’s no need to show them however if you have an upgraded package they will have a sticker on them. With the packages the staff will need to take the card for each drink to run it through the till system.