Reflection Summer 2018

AidenL

which was your itinerary last year? we have never experienced this on Celebrity on Med cruises out of ports such as Rome and Barcelona,

But then there were not that many Brits with families on board.

We are on Reflection in July and hope its not going to be anything like Butlins at sea.

We have had something similar on RCi out of Southampton

Western Med, many British families onboard (we prefer more of an international mix). Just the general ambience was off - bodies all over the lawn (inches apart), pax that had obviously had far too much to drink and were getting obnoxious. Let’s put it this way, I think you were on our Equinox sailing a few years ago when there was the Noro outbreak :confused:, and it was nowhere near as good a time as that sailing. Even a few of the ports were not well organised (Ibiza was total chaos - attempting to get the ship’s shuttle back to the ship was a nightmare).

We'll be on Reflection too sailing 20 July, and there will be over 1,000 Brit's on board. Our summer cruises aboard IOTS and Britannia out of Southampton were indeed like Butlins at sea at times. The sail away from Madeira on Britannia with singing and Union Jack waving was something else!

Another reason why I have no desire to try P&O :eek:.

Hi

My husband and I took our first ever Celebrity cruise on Celebrity Reflection on April 2, 2018. It was an 11 night cruise to the Caribbean leaving from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Our previous cruises were all with Royal Caribbean.

We had a great time.

My review is still a work in progress (almost done as I’m up to our last sea day) but feel free to read through. I have pictures included in the review also.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2628275

I’m sure you will have a wonderful cruise on Reflection.

Noreen

Hi

My husband and I took our first ever Celebrity cruise on Celebrity Reflection on April 2, 2018. It was an 11 night cruise to the Caribbean leaving from Fort Lauderdale, FL

We had a great time.

My review is still a work in progress (almost done as I’m up to our last sea day) but feel free to read through. I have pictures included in the review also.

Noreen

I can endorse this review as AAA+ - great in respect of the shop and the destinations.

Hi

We had a great time.

Noreen

Glad you had a good time. Europe in the height of the summer season is a totally different experience from that of the Caribbean. We felt that you could definitely tell there was an extra deck of cabins on Reflection compared to any of the other S class ships (and we have sailed them all at least once).

Well my fears were unfounded.

We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, the ship, itinerary, staff, service and our fellow passengers - all superb, and quite happy enough to have booked two Future Cruises while on board.

We would highly recommend Reflection after this experience, unreservedly.

Sent from my iPhone X using Forums

Well my fears were unfounded.

We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise, the ship, itinerary, staff, service and our fellow passengers - all superb, and quite happy enough to have booked two Future Cruises while on board.

We would highly recommend Reflection after this experience, unreservedly.

Glad you had a good time. You did sail before the main school holidays in Europe, so the overcrowding should not have been such an issue ;).

Glad you had a good time. You did sail before the main school holidays in Europe, so the overcrowding should not have been such an issue ;).

Very true. We don’t have kids, so we try to get out on holiday before schools are out, helps with the crowds and the prices! :)

Alaska next June, here we come!

our cruise leaves on 9th July from Rome, hopefully , the Kids will still be in school.

on all our past med celebrity cruises it usually been a good international mix of Pax, and not that many kids ( from the UK) even when sailed in August.

We sailed Reflection two summers ago, and then equinox last December.

we preferred the top deck layout of reflection having gone back to equinox,

i.e the sunset bar where you sit around the bar on stools and not having to walk down stairs when moving from the back to the mid ships on top deck.

i would prefer the gastro bar to be on reflection though as with equinox. but that is just my preference.

I think you were on our Equinox sailing a few years ago when there was the Noro outbreak :confused:, and it was nowhere near as good a time as that sailing. Even a few of the ports were not well organised (Ibiza was total chaos - attempting to get the ship’s shuttle back to the ship was a nightmare).

ah yes the noro out break,

that did spoil things a little, plus the stress about arriving in Istanbul and getting to the ship.

I have enjoyed all my cruises on Reflection and loved the TA too, but timing is so important and of course if little things bother you and you do not speak up. My DH says I can be a little picky, but for me I love to travel and cruise especially in Europe during Spring/Fall and not in Summer due to many factors! Yes, I have been criticized by a few for enjoying Reflection, but just happy to cruise on my itineraries and time of year! We can all have opinions...but if you are unhappy, do something about it onboard any ship for that matter...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance