Laundry Facilities on the Odyssey

wesport

I will be on the Odyssey for 21 days July 14, and was wondering about the laundry rooms on deck five. Are the machines coin operated or complimentary? Is laundry detergent provided or do I need to bring my own? I am sure I will just have the ship do it, but will be travelling 8 days before boarding in Athens.

I will be on the Odyssey for 21 days July 14, and was wondering about the laundry rooms on deck five. Are the machines coin operated or complimentary? Is laundry detergent provided or do I need to bring my own? I am sure I will just have the ship do it, but will be travelling 8 days before boarding in Athens.

Washers and dryers are free, and detergent is provided.

Are there any particular times when it can be less busy? Presumably sea days are busiest? Less busy in early evening and first thing in the am?

Interestingly on Cunard, I was doing the laundry on day 1 -‘someone asked me whether I had brought dirty clothes with me...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I only used the laundry once, but that time was a port day, about 40 hours prior to disembarkation. Mid afternoon. I was the only one there. I didn’t check the laundry across the hall to see if it was in use or not.

Also note that there is a small library room adjacent to the laundry on the port side, so you can sit there reading your book while checking from time to time to see if your clothes are dry.

I only used the laundry once, but that time was a port day, about 40 hours prior to disembarkation. Mid afternoon. I was the only one there. I didn’t check the laundry across the hall to see if it was in use or not.

Also note that there is a small library room adjacent to the laundry on the port side, so you can sit there reading your book while checking from time to time to see if your clothes are dry.

Don't forget to ask room service to bring champagne (and what ever else takes your fancy) while you're waiting:D

• Haha 1

We do both.No problem. Early morning best time. The ship's

laundry is $50 a bag which you can stuff. Probably 40-50 items

and they do a good job.

What is the turnaround time for the ship’s laundry?

What is the turnaround time for the ship’s laundry?

Usually 2 days, put it out before 10am, back the following afternoon; sometimes it's the third day, especially nearing the end of the cruise where a lot of pax (me included) like to put clean pressed clothes [including underwear, I kid you not] in their suitcases

Usually 2 days, put it out before 10am, back the following afternoon; sometimes it's the third day, especially nearing the end of the cruise where a lot of pax (me included) like to put clean pressed clothes [including underwear, I kid you not] in their suitcases

Thanks. Can completely understand on bringing clean clothes home.

Thanks. Can completely understand on bringing clean clothes home.

My point was that even the underwear is pressed, and wrapped nicely in tissue paper:)

Edited by SKP946