Distilled water

aliceinalaska

It's provided for you upon request as well as a long extension cord.

You can request it in advance or after you get on board.

Requests in advance can be done on-line thru Celebrity's website, by phone or thru your TA

Thank you for this info. Nice to know that they will provide an extension cord. This brings up another question. Will this be an additional charge and show up on the bill at the end of the cruise? I can see this as an extra charge but don't want to be under the impression that it is included.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

There's no extra charge for either item. The extension cord, of course, has to be left behind in your stateroom when you leave.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Thank you for this info. Nice to know that they will provide an extension cord. This brings up another question. Will this be an additional charge and show up on the bill at the end of the cruise? I can see this as an extra charge but don't want to be under the impression that it is included.

It has always been available without a charge in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Water and extension cord are provided. I still would take my own cord. The cord they supplied me was on a power bar with a six foot cord.

Just an FYI, extension cords are on the banned list to bring on board it may be confiscated.

Also, on the web site there is a special needs department, either call them of fill out the form. Celebrity does this all the time.

Don is correct - no extension cords, but you can bring power cords with CB protection - those surge protectors with on/off buttons and breaker protection. At least that’s what I was told by the Celebrity phone contact and what I’ve brought on before and not been taken. They need to protect the ship system from power shorts and so on is my understanding.

Den

Don is correct - no extension cords, but you can bring power cords with CB protection - those surge protectors with on/off buttons and breaker protection. At least that’s what I was told by the Celebrity phone contact and what I’ve brought on before and not been taken. They need to protect the ship system from power shorts and so on is my understanding.

Den

When I refer to an extension , it’s also called a power cord. Power bars with surge protection aren’t allowed. I’ve never had trouble with my power or extension cord. The difference might where people live and what they call it.

When I refer to an extension , it’s also called a power cord. Power bars with surge protection aren’t allowed. I’ve never had trouble with my power or extension cord. The difference might where people live and what they call it.

From the Celebrity web site: Prohibited items

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • **Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ***Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration.

Like many things, just because you weren't caught for whatever reason doesn't mean it won't happen the next time you cruise. I agree with having them as have been to hotels where they were needed and the hotel did not have any.

We always contact celebrity in advance and the water and extension cord are in the cabin when we arrive. The cord will be taped down to the rug by your cabin attendant once you advise which side of the bed you need it on. Prior to our 3/2018 cruise, we always brought our own power strip, this time they did take it out of our luggage and we picked it up at the end of the cruise. it does become a juggling act to keep iPads, pcs, watches, etc. charged with limited plugs..but we put the plug in the bathroom to good use too! we will no longer pack our power strip.

I always contact special needs in advance. For me it's 50/50 if it will be there upon getting to my room. If not they are very good about getting the cord and water upon request. Often times though I've gotten a huge fat orange extension cord that has to be 30 feet long.

I’ve already contacted special needs requesting the distilled water and extension cord for our first Celebrity cruise in December. I just wanted to mention that we were charged $3.00 for a gallon of distilled water on our recent Carnival cruise! First time in 3 cruiselines that we’ve been charged (HAL, Princess and Royal).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have even had our room steward duck tape the extension cord to the floor so no one would trip over it. They provided a seal gallon bottle of distilled water which was in the room upon our embarkation.

Another comment - if you are flying to the port to begin the cruise or returning home by air, notify the airline that you are flying with 'medical equipment' as it is not counted as part of your carryon allowance (don't let it go underneath with the luggage).

Additionally, on a long overnight flight, the airline may move your party to a seat where power would be available should you desire to use the CPAP during the flight(s).

I’ve already contacted special needs requesting the distilled water and extension cord for our first Celebrity cruise in December. I just wanted to mention that we were charged $3.00 for a gallon of distilled water on our recent Carnival cruise! First time in 3 cruiselines that we’ve been charged (HAL, Princess and Royal).

For the convenience it's worth it.

Thanks

I would have to agree - for the convenience, it is worth a couple bucks to have the distilled water available and provided by the cruise company. We have sailed with Azamara, Celebrity, Disney, HAL, Princess, Royal, and Uniworld and not been charged an extra fee. However in the cruise lines' efforts to eek out a couple more bucks of profit, I would not surprised if in the future we might be charged a couple bucks for an 89 cent gallon of distilled water.

What is the process of getting distilled water for a CPAP machine on the ship? Not wanting to purchase it before hand and lugg it arround on embarkation day.

Do we order it for our cabin in advance of embarkation day or do we order it once we are on board?

Thanks!

Very simple: Sign into your Celebrity account & scroll until you find the medical needs section. Make a note about your need for distilled water for the C-Pap machine. Be sure to note you'll need an extension cord for the machine, as well.

It's provided for you upon request as well as a long extension cord.

You can request it in advance or after you get on board.

Requests in advance can be done on-line thru Celebrity's website, by phone or thru your TA

THIS..I didn't know this. Very helpful...as the last time I was using bottled water for the CPAP..a definite no no.

and brought an extension cord with it in the case (no issues)

Great to know I can get the water on board.

We too have sent a request to Special Needs Department and the distilled water and extension cord have always been provided. It may not be there right when you get to your room but the room steward will know about it and bring it. Also, we have found that 5 star hotels are very accommodating and have always provided distilled water if we emailed the concierge ahead of time with the request. We confirm when we check-in and there is always a record of it and we have never been charged for the water. That is especially helpful if we are flying and do not have a rental car. However, our experience at hotels like Andaz, Grand Hyatt is that we have not had water provided even if we called ahead of time and were told on the phone that they can provide distilled water yet when we arrived were told we had to go to CVS or Walgreens. Of course it may depend on the particular hotel.