When did you receive your invite to bid?

CaptnG

I’m wondering if we’ll get the offer to bid on upgrades for our cabin category. Does anyone know on average when you’d receive the offer?

The invitation to bid appears on your MyNCL home page 80 days prior to cruise. NCL award upgrades 80 days to 2 days prior to cruise (Suites are awarded week of cruise 5 days to 2 days).

The invitation to bid appears on your MyNCL home page 80 days prior to cruise. NCL award upgrades 80 days to 2 days prior to cruise (Suites are awarded week of cruise 5 days to 2 days).

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m wondering if we’ll get the offer to bid on upgrades for our cabin category. Does anyone know on average when you’d receive the offer?

We are sailing in a week and have not heard yet if our bid was accepted.

We got ours in Aug 2017 and we go this day week. Def not restricted to 80 days out.

Us too.

We go on Sunday and we should hear, either way, by Friday. Apparently they have them all done 2 days before departure.

I have my luggage tags printed and am hoping I have to reprint them on Friday. 😆😆

What are you bidding on?

Suites are normally filled on Monday- Wednesday the week of sailing.

Other rooms depends on your bid and availability. Some a month or more out. Some closer to cruise. They have up to 48 hours before cruise to process your bid.

We got one Haven accept on Wednesday before a Saturday departure. We also got a denial 48 hours to cruise.

I got my upgrade email 60 days before cruise, keeping our fingers crossed for a 2 bed Haven to surprise the kids:D

Good luck! Sounds like it would be a fun surprise!

This is of course dependent upon your booking being eligible for the Advantage Upgrade Program..... not all reservations qualify and not all TAs participate.

What are you bidding on?

Suites are normally filled on Monday- Wednesday the week of sailing.

Other rooms depends on your bid and availability. Some a month or more out. Some closer to cruise. They have up to 48 hours before cruise to process your bid.

We got one Haven accept on Wednesday before a Saturday departure. We also got a denial 48 hours to cruise.

The haven aft facing penthouse with master bedroom and balcony.

You seem to need to have made final payment before potentially qualifying, rather than automatically being sent it on 80 days etc.
Final payment is required at the 120 day mark ..... way before the 80 day mark when emails are typically sent out.

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean one class of suite to a higher class or say a mini suite to a full suite? We got the offer and I have made a few offers on a few of the suites, have not heard anything. I did not expect to hear anything right away but considering the last time I looked there were a lot of suites available and only 1 mini suite it would seem more advantageous to me for NCL to take offers on the full suites and resell the mini suites. Just curious since I have not sailed with them and am not very experienced at how they handle the upgrades.

What exactly do you mean? Do you mean one class of suite to a higher class or say a mini suite to a full suite? We got the offer and I have made a few offers on a few of the suites, have not heard anything. I did not expect to hear anything right away but considering the last time I looked there were a lot of suites available and only 1 mini suite it would seem more advantageous to me for NCL to take offers on the full suites and resell the mini suites. Just curious since I have not sailed with them and am not very experienced at how they handle the upgrades.
Suite \ Haven "wins" are typically awarded between 2 - 5 days before departure..... regardless of the category you are originally in (balcony, mini suite or even suite to Haven)

Suite \ Haven "wins" are typically awarded between 2 - 5 days before departure..... regardless of the category you are originally in (balcony, mini suite or even suite to Haven)

Thank you!

Made final payment over the weekend so now I’m just waiting and hoping! Was a surprise trip for my mom and I, currently inside room but I’m hoping we can at least get an OV for the extra space.

Final payment is required at the 120 day mark ..... way before the 80 day mark when emails are typically sent out.

Not if you booked before the change in final payment times. My final payment was just 60 days out. I paid slightly ahead of that and my upgrade bid arrived promptly after that - even though other members of the cruise had received theirs at 80 days. So it was clearly the final payment that triggered it.

In the UK you will get an e mail.

it is actually when it is less than 120 days once UK cancellation fees begin to bite

We got offered it as 119 days out and got the upgrade a day before we left - and before you ask it was a bottom bid.

i booked my cruise (inside room) on 17th aug 2017 and got option to bid on 18th Aug. (final payment made 23rd April) i eventually bid back in April and i go on Sunday.

my bids for balcony and mini suite are still pending even though my boat is fully booked and has been since May.

am hoping to hear before Friday - nerves are wrecked but will be happy with our room if i am declined.

think we bid just above the "fair" line, so bottom of "good"

this is our first NCL cruise and i know the bid process is dealt with by an independent company, so nothing to do with NCL themselves but i have no idea what makes some get their bids accepted or not as i have also read that high bids have been rejected in favour of smaller bids so am hoping our names are put into a hat lol