Live from Journey 17 June

uktog

Delighted to see Lottie made is safely to Spain yesterday, we managed the shorter but flight delayed hop to London and were just in time to see Journey come through the Thames flood defences and go up river including turning and reversing up to Greenwich.

We were up in Greenwich last night and saw several crew and guests enjoying their evening.

Today as we are staying downriver at the Intercontinental O2 we are going to take the Thames Clipper one stop up to Greenwich. Embarking looks “unusual”. I will say no more but will post after I experience it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ann, friends on the later Heathrow morning flight were delayed by the French air traffic controllers action but they made it here by late afternoon.

Everything looking good onboard so far.

Hope you have a lovely time on Journey.

Delighted to see Lottie made is safely to Spain yesterday, we managed the shorter but flight delayed hop to London and were just in time to see Journey come through the Thames flood defences and go up river including turning and reversing up to Greenwich.

We were up in Greenwich last night and saw several crew and guests enjoying their evening.

Today as we are staying downriver at the Intercontinental O2 we are going to take the Thames Clipper one stop up to Greenwich. Embarking looks “unusual”. I will say no more but will post after I experience it

We're in Greenwich today, sitting on the terrace opposite the Journey watching the Thames Clippers taking passengers on board.

20180617_104436.thumb.jpg.620616f9b07fcdc688d935bb794d3109.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Forums mobile app

We too were in Greenwich this morning to see the Journey moored in the Thames. It was lovely to see and talk to some familiar Crew as they disembarked, including our Stateroom attendant from our cruise in March this year who recognised us as we were walking back to our car.

Uktog, do you have 1Sandypants on the Roll-call. I have just read a post from them written at 12:25 saying they were at Tower Bridge and could see no Azamara activity. I have posted that they need to get to Greenwich - hopefully they had already worked that out for themselves! Just thought it might be useful to alert you.

No problem the embarkation has been quite a challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry to hear that Ann, hopefully it will improve when the new Cruise Terminal is finally completed supposedly later this year. Hope the rest of your cruise experience is up to the usual excellent standard.

We are visiting the Silver Wind next week for lunch which will be moored alongside HMS Belfast, but have to catch a clipper to board like you have today.

Bon Voyage

Steve

No problem the embarkation has been quite a challenge!

Ann

sorry to hear that. The couple who came alter seem to get on quickly. I hope their cases did too.I get to leave the ship in Sept. Just do not want to keep the driver waiting.

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise. We'll be disembarking Journey in September. Do they use the Thames Clipper like a tender? All new and different for us so any hints/suggestions to make it clearer and easier are appreciated. Bon Voyage!

Yes they use the Thames Clipper to the pier. Your luggage will be up in a tent opposite the Museum. It looks like most taxis and drivers cannot come into the area as it’s pedestrians only. We used the Thames Clipper from the pier near our hotel. That might be easier if you are going into town, wheel your luggage back down to board the scheduled Clipper service. It could be a very steep run down depending on the tides.

Robin I’m not sure where a car driver would meet you - you would have to agree a very specific place and you’d have to get yourself and your luggage to it.

I have to be honest it’s a pretty lousy embarkation and disembarkation place. To those embarking don’t get there before 1130 and bear in mind if the weather is not good it’s all outdoors. This is the photo of folks waiting for embarkation to start today 93192ba62748a6b54e0612a4b46a5b5f.jpg

Yes they use the Thames Clipper to the pier. Your luggage will be up in a tent opposite the Museum. It looks like most taxis and drivers cannot come into the area as it’s pedestrians only. We used the Thames Clipper from the pier near our hotel. That might be easier if you are going into town, wheel your luggage back down to board the scheduled Clipper service. It could be a very steep run down depending on the tides.

Robin I’m not sure where a car driver would meet you - you would have to agree a very specific place and you’d have to get yourself and your luggage to it.

I have to be honest it’s a pretty lousy embarkation and disembarkation place. To those embarking don’t get there before 1130 and bear in mind if the weather is not good it’s all outdoors. This is the photo of folks waiting for embarkation to start today 93192ba62748a6b54e0612a4b46a5b5f.jpg

Thanks Ann.....what would you suggest as an alternative mode of transportation? Our ultimate destination is by Paddington Station. Do you know if Uber is available? Does Azamara offer transfer services to within London? Bon Voyage and Enjoy!

Ann

sorry to hear that. The couple who came alter seem to get on quickly. I hope their cases did too.I get to leave the ship in Sept. Just do not want to keep the driver waiting.

The area near the point of embarkation is pedestrians only. But there are 2 roads nearby where drivers can pick up & collect passengers. One point was less than 50 meters to walk to the marquee where the luggage was stored, the other a bit further, but both less than 200 meter from the pier.

I just got off Journey on June 17 and my driver said they were required to park near the Starbucks around the corner. Azamara gave no instructions where to go to meet private drivers but luckily my driver was able to call me and tell me where to meet him. They cannot come as far as the Cutty Sark where the buses board. It was a problem standing out in the rain in the wrong place and hopefully AZ will give better information as to where to meet private drivers in the future.

On the positive side, this was the only part of the AZ expetience I did not like. As aCelebrity/RCCL cruiser this was my first time on Azamara and I can unequivocally say that, IMO there is no compatison between those ships and Azamara as far as service, crew, Food and the intimacy and efficiency of the small ship experience. And of course the interesting people I met onboard.

I just got off Journey on June 17 and my driver said they were required to park near the Starbucks around the corner. Azamara gave no instructions where to go to meet private drivers but luckily my driver was able to call me and tell me where to meet him. They cannot come as far as the Cutty Sark where the buses board. It was a problem standing out in the rain in the wrong place and hopefully AZ will give better information as to where to meet private drivers in the future.

On the positive side, this was the only part of the AZ expetience I did not like. As aCelebrity/RCCL cruiser this was my first time on Azamara and I can unequivocally say that, IMO there is no compatison between those ships and Azamara as far as service, crew, Food and the intimacy and efficiency of the small ship experience. And of course the interesting people I met onboard.

Hi Anne....glad to hear you enjoyed Azamara. We're taking our 1st Azamara cruises (b2b) in August and end in Greenwich. Can you email me at suek46 at hotmail dot com? Thanks..

Hi Anne....glad to hear you enjoyed Azamara. We're taking our 1st Azamara cruises (b2b) in August and end in Greenwich. Can you email me at suek46 at hotmail dot com? Thanks..

Hi Sue

I am in Paris now but will email you when I return to LA this weekend. You are going to love Azamara.

Anne

Have you had any experience in ordering drinks - other than the included wine offerings? Recalling the "new drinks menu" and the (apparent) necessity of ordering drinks "with included spirits", I believe you said you were going to "test" the system.

We’ve had no problem ordering drinks, just ask, can it be made with the included spirits. Have ordered Cosmos in most of the bars, no problem! There is however much confusion with new to Azamara cruisers who do not access cruise critic. We met one man who thought he couldn’t have a g&t because it wasn’t on the included cocktail list. Thankfully the barman put him right!

I have not attempted asking for an Aperol Spritz yet, but will try tonight.

As an aside the sun has now come out, at last, off to have a glass of wine in the sunshine! :wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass::wine-glass: