Pacific Dawn Cabin question

Raison

I am looking at booking the Nov 2013 New Guinea cruise...we are looking at an inside cabin on deck 10. I have been on the phone tonight with P&O and the gentleman there tells me that as we are only a couple, we can't book any of these cabins as they are all 4 berth cabins.

This seems a bit weird to me, what do you think?

I could book an inside on deck 9, at the aft of the ship. Any thoughts on that option?

I have been looking at the deck plans on the website and wonder if they reflect any dry dock changes yet, does anyone know? I should have asked when on the phone.

Just checked the deck plans on the old brochure and that is correct except for two - B298 and B303 - which are the last two at the back.

On Deck 9 there are six at the back. I think they would be OK. I like Dec 9 - lovely and quiet and you can go out the back and up a flight to the Oasis which is the child-free area - there's no charge for it any more. The bar was still there last time so you can get a drink if you wish.

I've known of couples being in a 4-berth cabin before, but maybe they are give those if there are no twins left. I think being towards the back on the Pacific Dawn is good as the dining room and buffet are there too.

Thanks Sandi. We have pretty much come to the same conclusion. We were going to go balcony, but the extra cost just doesn't seem justified.

What we couldn't understand about the inside cabin pricing, is that they are advertising twin share prices for those inside cabins on deck 10. But you can't even book the 2 that are twin cabins unless you also book the interconnecting cabin next door (so I was told). :confused:

Thanks Sandi. We have pretty much come to the same conclusion. We were going to go balcony, but the extra cost just doesn't seem justified.

What we couldn't understand about the inside cabin pricing, is that they are advertising twin share prices for those inside cabins on deck 10. But you can't even book the 2 that are twin cabins unless you also book the interconnecting cabin next door (so I was told). :confused:

That must have changed when they put in the interconnecting doors then.

So, a quick update on my question, today I contacted a TA we have used and she was able to secure me a midship inside cabin on deck 10 . This is what we wanted in the first place and were told by the P&O man we could not have:rolleyes:

Archived