Baltic Sea in September... leaving fromCopenhagen

morry2121

Copenhagen is easily walkable.

We stayed at the Hotel Bethel right on Nyhavn. I highly recommend. As for a corner king room, you wont be sorry.

Google "free copenhagen walking tours" . they leave daily from i believve it was the town hall area. Great tour! and free!

I highly recommend TJ Travel for your St. Petersburg tours. we did the two day that included the Faberge Museum. They also did a tour in Tallin for us. tehy actually will do tours in ever port.

If you dont want to deal with te long train ride to Berlin, check out Friends of Dave Tours.

we did it and had a BLAST!!!!!

https://www.fodtours.com/

it was much more relaxed, a small group, and we werent spending hours each way on a train to berlin. the lunch was fantastic, authentic german. we got a kick out of watching the throngs of people head for the train. warnemunde is an adorable little town too!

Bostongal35, so glad hear a recommendation for TJ tours, I have them booked in September for St Petersburg two day tour. Just wondering how much to tip guide and driver and if the tip can be in USD. Thanks

Bostongal35, so glad hear a recommendation for TJ tours, I have them booked in September for St Petersburg two day tour. Just wondering how much to tip guide and driver and if the tip can be in USD. Thanks

payment for our tours with them was all in USD. i think we gave 10% to the driver and 20% to the guide but i honestly cannot remember.

you will LOVE your tour. we saw much, much more than the ship tours and not nearly the crowds. they take you straight to the famous works in the Hermitage and they know exactly where each one is and how to get to it the quickest. we were in the very first group of the day to be let in. it was unforgettable. the palaces were amazing... the russian lunch was plentiful and the stop for pies at lunch was fun too. I just cant say enough!

we did it and had a BLAST!!!!!

https://www.fodtours.com/

it was much more relaxed, a small group, and we werent spending hours each way on a train to berlin. the lunch was fantastic, authentic german. we got a kick out of watching the throngs of people head for the train. warnemunde is an adorable little town too!

thanks, BostonGal! We booked this tour for our August cruise ...thought it a little pricey but glad you gave it great review! Looking forward to it now! We are spending 3 days before the cruise in Berlin so we won't have to waste our first port day going on a 3 hr train trip each way! The FOD tour sounds like a better shore excursion !

We did the hop on hop off in Copenhagen for two days and loved it! Our hotel was very near the central train station and we were able to catch the bus very near to us for all of the routes. Don't miss Tivoli amusement park !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks 300....I think we will definitely do this, do you know if it goes to the cruise port?

It does go to the port, on days that there is a ship there, we only purchased a two day ticket, so day three we took a taxi to the port. If I recall there really wasn't anyplace to put luggage on the hoho bus if that was your intention. There are busses that will get you to the port, but I'm pretty certain you have to transfer to get there and I didn't want to deal with that.

Thanks again 300...yes, that was my intention, to go to port on the HOHO bus....do you recall what it cost by taxi?

I want to say it was a fixed price but I could be wrong, it's about a 20 minute trip, our hotel called the cab and we paid by credit card...around $35 I think including the tip...someone else may remember more detail.

After your cruise if you are going to the airport or staying in town, there were busses outside that would take you back to town or to the airport for $15 pp

Oh 300, that is very good to know...we were thinking about how we would get to the airport, do we need to reserve a place on the bus?

No, after we got our luggage there were lines for taxis and one for NCL transfer service but there was a guy who said anyone needs a bus to airport or central train station go out this door...there were big busses parked there and we paid a person, they loaded the suitcases and when we were full, off we went. We did stop at the train station first, but we had a late flight so time didn't really matter. Hope you enjoy your trip:)

What currency? Do you remember? Really appreciate your help!

American dollars..just asked my DH if it was $15 pp to check my memory and he looked at me like I just grew another head and said that he has no idea:')