Need London Help RE: Hotels, Transportation and Tours

I have been researching our London visit before our TA in August extensively and have found just enough information that I can ask intelligent questions [or I hope they are]. :p

We are mature travelers with no mobility issues. We have never been to London and this will only be our 2nd trip to Europe. We likely will have 2 checked bags [around 50 lbs each] and 1 carry on and a backpack.

We land via British Air in Terminal 5 at 10am on Wednesday August 28, 2014 and leave from Harwich aboard the Brilliance of the Seas at 4:30pm Sunday August 31, 2014.

I will post the information I found as a service to those that are interested. I hope some veteran cruisers [and residents of the UK] will answer a few questions to help me. I will divide my posts by topic. Thank you in advance!!

This is what my research has told me so far. [Please let me know if I have it wrong or are missing something.] Since taxi rides from the airport seem to be very expensive, we likely will take the train or the tube. There are 3 choices:

The Heathrow Express train [HEX] from Terminal 1 and 3. The train runs every 15 minutes. This train takes only 15 mins to the Paddington Station at a cost of ~ £42 = approx $70 USD for the 2 of us. However, I will be flying into terminal 5--so, it seems I will need to take a shuttle to access this train.

• The Heathrow Connect train takes 25 mins [a few more from terminal 5] since it makes a few stops into the city. The train runs every 30 minutes. The price to Paddington Station is £19.80 = ~ $33 USD for both of us.

• The Piccadilly tube line runs from Heathrow to Kings Cross/St Pancras Station. Since St Pancras is the terminal for the Eurostar train, many travelers have luggage on this line. The fare is £5.70pp or as low as £3 after 9:30 am with an Oyster card [smartcard]. The Official tube guide says there are no stairs needed to get on in Heathrow or off at St Pancras. [While there are stops at various stations another CC passenger suggested carefully researching a given station since many have stairs or going all the way to St Pancras and getting a taxi to your hotel.]

Here are some thoughts and questions:

The fastest way to get to the city is the HEX. If I had very poor timing and just missed one train before boarding the next and because the Connect train takes 15 extra minutes I could “waste” 45 minutes getting to Paddington—but saved $37.

Is it easy to get from terminal 5 to the train?

Is there anything to see along the way as we travel into the city if I take the Connect train? I might enjoy a slower journey in order to see some of the countryside.

It seems that the Piccadilly tube line has a stop right in Terminal 5.

Is this correct? This is by far the least expensive way to go. Also, it seems to take 45 minutes—so takes as long as the Heathrow Connect train.

Is it difficult to manage getting luggage onto this train? Is there space for luggage?

I really have no idea what I want in a hotel. [except a nice hotel for as little as possible—I know that is not going to happen]. We will be staying 3 nights.

I used the maps from the 2 HOHO bus companies to figure out where the things I want to see are located. While I want to see as much as possible while I am there, I have narrowed it down to a two primary areas. 1. Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben area. 2. The Tower of London, Tower Bridge, tower pier [for possible river cruise]

I feel I should stay near one of these areas to make it easier to access at least one of the areas. The hotels around the Buckingham Palace/Westminster Abbey area are very pricey. I have looked at the area near Russell Square/British Museum area [i think this area is called Bloomsbury]. The hotels near the Tower area are less expensive.

Should I pick a hotel near one of the attraction areas or pick a more affordable hotel as long as it is on a tube route/HOHO route?

Are the hotels in the Tower of London area too far out of the way? I thought that since I know I want to visit the Tower that if I stayed there I could get into the line early and miss out on the big lines.

• I have found a Doubletree Hyde Park hotel for $211 USD for advance purchase [no cancellation]. It is very near a HOHO stop. Is this a good location?

• I can get a Doubletree Tower of London for $185 per night [with their 3nt special] and I do not have to prepay [can cancel]. Is this a good location? I feel it is a good deal.

Can you tell me about the Premier Inns and Travelodges? I have read they are the budget hotels in London. I see most do not have safes and/or hairdryers. Are there other things I should be aware of?

Thank you--I am sure once I get a few answers I will have more questions. :D

We used TA to find a nice, small hotel near Victoria station (walking distance) -- nice inclusive breakfast, safe in room. There was a bus stop just outside the door. (we didnt use) We walked to everything, except the Tower area, used a prepaid Oyster card for that. The advantage to Victoria was the express bus from LHR.

I would rethink the luggage -- try to trim it down if possible. Life is so much easier if you just had one bag per person.

This is what my research has told me so far. [Please let me know if I have it wrong or are missing something.] Since taxi rides from the airport seem to be very expensive, we likely will take the train or the tube. There are 3 choices:

The Heathrow Express train [HEX] from Terminal 1 and 3. The train runs every 15 minutes. This train takes only 15 mins to the Paddington Station at a cost of ~ £42 = approx $70 USD for the 2 of us. However, I will be flying into terminal 5--so, it seems I will need to take a shuttle to access this train.

• The Heathrow Connect train takes 25 mins [a few more from terminal 5] since it makes a few stops into the city. The train runs every 30 minutes. The price to Paddington Station is £19.80 = ~ $33 USD for both of us.

• The Piccadilly tube line runs from Heathrow to Kings Cross/St Pancras Station. Since St Pancras is the terminal for the Eurostar train, many travelers have luggage on this line. The fare is £5.70pp or as low as £3 after 9:30 am with an Oyster card [smartcard]. The Official tube guide says there are no stairs needed to get on in Heathrow or off at St Pancras. [While there are stops at various stations another CC passenger suggested carefully researching a given station since many have stairs or going all the way to St Pancras and getting a taxi to your hotel.]

Here are some thoughts and questions:

The fastest way to get to the city is the HEX. If I had very poor timing and just missed one train before boarding the next and because the Connect train takes 15 extra minutes I could “waste” 45 minutes getting to Paddington—but saved $37.

Is it easy to get from terminal 5 to the train?

Is there anything to see along the way as we travel into the city if I take the Connect train? I might enjoy a slower journey in order to see some of the countryside.

It seems that the Piccadilly tube line has a stop right in Terminal 5.

Is this correct? This is by far the least expensive way to go. Also, it seems to take 45 minutes—so takes as long as the Heathrow Connect train.

Is it difficult to manage getting luggage onto this train? Is there space for luggage?

I won't begin to attempt a definitive answer to your questions. However, following the adage that a picture is worth a thousand words... the first few minutes of the following video may be helpful in giving you a good idea of what it's like boarding the Tube at Heathrow terminal 5, and the luggage space (or lack thereof) on the Tube itself:

See also this video -- "How to get from Heathrow to London":

I frequently travel on the tube between Heathrow and central London (usually Holborn or King's Cross/St Pancras), with luggage--but my luggage (usually a 26-inch wheeled piece & a smallish shoulder bag) weighs considerably less that 50 pounds!

As for the "countryside" between Heathrow and central London: The scenery is mostly suburban and urban, interspersed with some fields. I don't think the locals will be offended if I say that this isn't the most scenic spot in the British Isles.;) Incidentally, for what it's worth, the tube runs above ground for about 20 minutes or so.

Also: Yes, King's Cross/St Pancras is a "stair-free" station--you can get from the train up to street level by lift (elevator), without taking any stairs at all. But you will have to maneuver your luggage through some longish pedestrian passageways, as is also the case at Heathrow.

First, transport:

-There is definitely a HEX station at Terminal 5 - I used it last time we were in London. Extremely easy to use, very fast, although in your circumstances probably only makes sense if you are staying in Paddington or nearby. The view is mostly suburban and/or industrial.

-Also an underground station at T5, although I can't pronounce myself on how easy it is to use, as I've never used it :D. Trains to/from LHR are designed for people with luggage - no racks per se, but extra room, and you are of course getting on at the beginning of the line. The Picadilly line is actually overground until Barons Court; you can actually see it (in reverse)

. If you stay in Bloomsbury, this option makes more sense.

Accommodation: a wide variety in London. Don't worry about being near specific attractions - the variety of transport options means that as long as you're in Central London (say, within Transport Zone 1, as shown on the tube map here), you'll be able to get around fine. One thing worth considering is transport to Harwich on embarkation day. I'm going to assume you'll be taking the train, so staying somewhere close-ish to Liverpool Street Station would be an idea (and Bloomsbury would be close-ish)

We used TA to find a nice, small hotel near Victoria station (walking distance) -- nice inclusive breakfast, safe in room. There was a bus stop just outside the door. (we didnt use) We walked to everything, except the Tower area, used a prepaid Oyster card for that. The advantage to Victoria was the express bus from LHR.

Thank you--

I have not looked at the Victoria Station area, yet. I will do that. It would be nice to walk to the sites.

I would rethink the luggage -- try to trim it down if possible. Life is so much easier if you just had one bag per person.

OK--You say to look at the express bus from Heathrow, too. I have not seen any information on that.

Do you remember the name of the hotel you used?

I would like to just have one bag per person--but, we are in London 3 days and then on a TA for 13 days. I plan to take as little as I can.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

following the adage that a picture is worth a thousand words... the first few minutes of the following video may be helpful in giving you a good idea of what it's like boarding the Tube at Heathrow terminal 5, and the luggage space (or lack thereof) on the Tube itself:

Thank you--the way the seats face to the center makes it easier to pull a suitcase near your seat. i noted this is what the passengers did.

I frequently travel on the tube between Heathrow and central London (usually Holborn or King's Cross/St Pancras), with luggage--but my luggage (usually a 26-inch wheeled piece & a smallish shoulder bag) weighs considerably less that 50 pounds! Our checked bags are of the wheeled variety. As long as there are lifts at the stations we would be fine.

Incidentally, for what it's worth, the tube runs above ground for about 20 minutes or so. Good to know.

Also: Yes, King's Cross/St Pancras is a "stair-free" station--you can get from the train up to street level by lift (elevator), without taking any stairs at all. But you will have to maneuver your luggage through some longish pedestrian passageways, as is also the case at Heathrow.

We are used to pulling our luggage through airports--so, I do not think that will be an issue.

Thank you for all of your information. :)

First, transport:

-There is definitely a HEX station at Terminal 5 - . . . -Also an underground station at T5, . . .The Picadilly line is actually overground until Barons Court;

Thank you--I am glad to hear that there is a train and tube station in terminal 5. I was not looking forward to having to take a shuttle.

I am likely to take a train to Harwich. Once I decide on a hotel I plan to see if there is anyone else staying nearby who would like to share a private shuttle to the port.

HEX and Heathrow connect gets less appealing the further your hotel is from Paddington. Hotels in and around Parliament/Big Ben/Westminster Abbey aren't close to Paddington. Neither are hotels in The City. You'll need a cab from Paddington anyway, so might as well use the tube to get into town and to a station not too far from hotel that has step free access to the street. Then hail a cab. You will spend much less on he tube ride than the HEX/Heathrow Connect ride. There is nothing to see along the way on the HEX/Heathrow connect. There is no countryside to travel through. London is well built up out to LHR. The Underground (tube) doesn't go underground the entire route from LHR into town. Still, not much to see.

HEX and Heathrow connect gets less appealing the further your hotel is from Paddington. . . . so might as well use the tube to get into town and to a station not too far from hotel that has step free access to the street. Then hail a cab.

Thank you--I was originally worried about managing luggage on the Piccadilly line. But, the video that Post Captain linked to makes it seem like a trip DH and I could manage.

As you have discovered, the choice between HEX and tube comes very much down to personal preference, unless cost is the overriding factor. The Connect is always more expensive than the tube and slower than the Express (every Connect train is overtaken by the next Express) so I discount that for central London - UNLESS you find a hotel near the Central line, say near Liverpool Street, in which case there is an option to take the Express to Ealing Broadway and get on the Central line at the beginning there.

You know about cost. The HEX is considerably more comfortable than the tube. There are luggage racks, the seats are comfortable and transverse, so the ride is better (and all tube trains frequently sway from side to side). But you may have to take a tube once you get to Paddington anyway. There is also a psychological effect - you feel as if you have 'arrived' in London sooner, even if point-to-point times may be the same, depending on your destination. In my opinion, the tube journey is more visually interesting, although not countryside, but do not use that as a deciding factor :)

You rightly discounted taxis on the basis of cost. That applies to cabs off the rank at Heathrow, but for the same cost as two on the Express you should be able to pre-order a private hire vehicle to collect you and deliver you to your hotel. As you are arriving mid-morning, you will have missed the worst traffic into London, so that may be a good option for you.

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

I would like to just have one bag per person--but, we are in London 3 days and then on a TA for 13 days. I plan to take as little as I can.

I think that cruise passengers feel that since they'll be with the "same people" for the duration of the cruise, they need to pack lots of clothing options. May I politely suggest cruisers re-think that point of view. When I see someone wearing the same clothes -- perhaps with a different scarf or sweater or wrap or necklace -- my reaction is "there's an experienced traveler." Experienced travelers tend to pack a week's worth of clothing regardless of the length of the trip. They re-use their outfits whether or not they change an accessory or simply wear the original version. Between ship-board laundry/dry cleaning and hand-washing in the hotel or stateroom sink, your clothes are easy to keep clean between repeat wearings.

Here's a useful question to ask yourself as you plan your clothes for your trip: Do I need the approval of total strangers if they judge me on the basis of superficial standards like the number of different shoes I wear?

I know you're posting on a cruise board so the tendency to bring several and heavy suitcases is reasonably common. However, at the least, there is a real disconnect between the number of pieces you plan on taking (especially, the 50-pound weight of the larger pieces) and your intention of taking public transportation.

However, at the least, there is a real disconnect between the number of pieces you plan on taking (especially, the 50-pound weight of the larger pieces) and your intention of taking public transportation.

I hear you. Actually DH and I are pretty light packers most of the time. I was anticipating my luggage based on what we took and used on our TA from Barcelona last fall. We took 2 checked bags. We had a large checked bag that weighed 50 lbs. A smaller checked bag that weighed 37 lbs and a wheeled gym bag that we carried on. We wore everything we took along and we did a bag of laundry on the ship. [Royal Caribbean does not have self laundry]

One factor that will influence how much we take is our itinerary. On this TA we visit the Faroe Islands and Iceland. So, we will need some clothes to keep us warm in these two ports. Iceland is an overnight stay and we will be touring into the evening.

But, you are correct --we want to take public transportation. It seems to be the much more convenient [and cheaper] way to get to the London attractions.

As you have discovered, the choice between HEX and tube comes very much down to personal preference, unless cost is the overriding factor. The Connect is always more expensive than the tube and slower than the Express (every Connect train is overtaken by the next Express) so I discount that for central London - UNLESS you find a hotel near the Central line, say near Liverpool Street, in which case there is an option to take the Express to Ealing Broadway and get on the Central line at the beginning there.

I will need to go back and look at the trains. I thought they only went from Heathrow to Paddington. I did not realize they continued on to other locations.

You know about cost. The HEX is considerably more comfortable than the tube. Since it is such a short journey I do not think this would matter. We take subways when we visit US cities.

. . . for the same cost as two on the Express you should be able to pre-order a private hire vehicle to collect you and deliver you to your hotel. As you are arriving mid-morning, you will have missed the worst traffic into London, so that may be a good option for you.

I will have to look into a private hire. That might be the way to go.

One factor that will influence how much we take is our itinerary. On this TA we visit the Faroe Islands and Iceland. So, we will need some clothes to keep us warm in these two ports. Iceland is an overnight stay and we will be touring into the evening.

For your itinerary, fleece and a lightweight down jacket will be your friends.

My husband and and I have found that fleece -- specifically Polartec 100 weight -- is a great item to pack. Both Land's End and L.L. Bean offer this item. L.L. Bean calls this product "Fitness Fleece" and Land's End calls it Polartec Aircore 100.

Fleece has amazing insulating properties for remarkably little bulk. We would never bring more than two Polartec garments per person; typically we choose quarter-zip styles. Frankly, most of the water can be squeezed out of fleece with a towel. You'll be shocked at how dry they feel to the touch even without any drying time so you might consider packing only one. Sometimes, add-ons -- gloves, a wool or fleece neck scarf, and a pull-on hat -- are all we need to feel comfortable.

Still, our favorite cold weather travel item is a lightweight down jacket. Down with a high number has fantastic insulating power with little bulk. These ultralight layers can compress into almost no space and equally low weight. (I've sometimes seen these called down "sweaters.")

L.L. Bean calls this weight down "Ultralight 850". Patagonia and North Face also make ultralight jackets. The Patagonia web site says its men's Ultralight weighs 8.5 ounces. I don't know the weight of my L.L. Bean Ultralight. All I know is that I can tie it around the strap of my purse when I want to shed that layer and I never feel the additional weight as I'm touring.

ETA: Look at silk underwear! I'm not kidding. Winter Silks make all sorts of styles from a lightweight camisole style to heavier weight long-sleeve styles for the top and different length bottoms. I don't know when you'll be traveling, but Winter Silks tends to put its silk underwear on sale as the US warm weather months approach. I've been shopping for years at this is online merchant. I find they offer more variety of weights and styles than an outdoor outfitter like L.L. Bean or REI.

Hope something I've shared will be useful.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

For your itinerary, fleece and a lightweight down jacket will be your friends.

My husband and and I have found that fleece -- specifically Polartec 100 weight -- is a great item to pack. Both Land's End and L.L. Bean offer this item. L.L. Bean calls this product "Fitness Fleece" and Land's End calls it Polartec Aircore 100.

Fleece has amazing insulating properties for remarkably little bulk. We would never bring more than two Polartec garments per person; typically we choose quarter-zip styles. Frankly, most of the water can be squeezed out of fleece with a towel. You'll be shocked at how dry they feel to the touch even without any drying time so you might consider packing only one. Sometimes, add-ons -- gloves, a wool or fleece neck scarf, and a pull-on hat -- are all we need to feel comfortable.

Still, our favorite cold weather travel item is a lightweight down jacket. Down with a high number has fantastic insulating power with little bulk. These ultralight layers can compress into almost no space and equally low weight. (I've sometimes seen these called down "sweaters.")

L.L. Bean calls this weight down "Ultralight 850". Patagonia and North Face also make ultralight jackets. The Patagonia web site says its men's Ultralight weighs 8.5 ounces. I don't know the weight of my L.L. Bean Ultralight. All I know is that I can tie it around the strap of my purse when I want to shed that layer and I never feel the additional weight as I'm touring.

ETA: Look at silk underwear! I'm not kidding. Winter Silks make all sorts of styles from a lightweight camisole style to heavier weight long-sleeve styles for the top and different length bottoms. I don't know when you'll be traveling, but Winter Silks tends to put its silk underwear on sale as the US warm weather months approach. I've been shopping for years at this is online merchant. I find they offer more variety of weights and styles than an outdoor outfitter like L.L. Bean or REI.

Hope something I've shared will be useful.

Our TA leaves Harwich on August 31 and we arrive in Iceland Sept 7.

I have one polar fleece that I made good use of on our last TA on rainy days in Barcelona and a couple of cooler misty days. [left Barcelona Oct 31]

I have never seen a light weight down "sweater." I will look into that. I have a down Lands End jacket for winter--but, it is not very light. [think puffy ski jacket]:p

Check out a private car hire from LHR to your hotel. We used http://www.justairports.com, we have used them a few times. It was nice to be met outside the baggage area after a long flight and you don,t have pull your luggage through the airport to get other transportion. To get a quote, use your hotel,s postal code (ours was SW1) and the cost is based on size of the car and distance.

We stayed at the Park Plaza Westminster. The Premier Inn county Hall and Premie Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) build in 2013 http://www.premierinn.com were behind the Park Plaza hotel. You have Ben, Parliament, London Eye, Westminster Abbey, restaurants, pubs, HOHO, regular bus, tube, Waterloo train station in the area.

We have also stayed in the Victoria area of London, close to Victoria coach and train stations, Buckingham Palace, The Mews, The Mall, restaurants, pubs, HOHO, regular bus, grocery store, stores.

A hotel site to check out hotels is http://www.booking.com.

The royal state rooms at Buckingham Palace might be open to the public while you are there http://www.royalcollection.org.uk. There is an excellent tour to take.

Edited by phabric

We (several people in 50s and 20s/30s)went to London after our cruise and stayed at the holiday inn express swiss cottage and it was outside the "bustle" but close enough to a tube station with reasonable pricing (we paid $135 a night but it included - $30 extra person fee was in that price). The hot breakfast was reasonable and staff friendly. The rooms were nice. We came from gatwick to get there but my brother came from heathrow on no sleep in 24 hours and said it was super easy to take the tube from heathrow to the hotel (except he walked the opposite direction at first lol).

We will be arriving in London and going to the Doubletree in Hyde Park. What is the least expensive and reliable service to take us to the hotel. We don't want a train with luggage.

Also we will be going to the port in Southampton from our hotel. What transport service is the least expensive and reliable for this as well.

Barbara

I will need to go back and look at the trains. I thought they only went from Heathrow to Paddington. I did not realize they continued on to other locations.

Sorry, you are quite right, of course! I should have said the Connect to Ealing Broadway - it is one of the intermediate stops between LHR and Paddington, which is a terminus station.

But I do think private hire might be the way for you to go.

Check out a private car hire from LHR to your hotel. We used http://www.justairports.com, we have used them a few times. It was nice to be met outside the baggage area after a long flight and you don,t have pull your luggage through the airport to get other transportion. To get a quote, use your hotel,s postal code (ours was SW1) and the cost is based on size of the car and distance.

We will be arriving in London and going to the Doubletree in Hyde Park. What is the least expensive and reliable service to take us to the hotel. We don't want a train with luggage.

Also we will be going to the port in Southampton from our hotel. What transport service is the least expensive and reliable for this as well.

Barbara

Barbara, I quoted phabric so you can see what they suggested.

I have to decide on a hotel before I can figure out costs.

I really have no idea what I want in a hotel. [except a nice hotel for as little as possible—I know that is not going to happen]. We will be staying 3 nights.

I used the maps from the 2 HOHO bus companies to figure out where the things I want to see are located. While I want to see as much as possible while I am there, I have narrowed it down to a two primary areas. 1. Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben area. 2. The Tower of London, Tower Bridge, tower pier [for possible river cruise]

I feel I should stay near one of these areas to make it easier to access at least one of the areas. The hotels around the Buckingham Palace/Westminster Abbey area are very pricey. I have looked at the area near Russell Square/British Museum area [i think this area is called Bloomsbury]. The hotels near the Tower area are less expensive.

Should I pick a hotel near one of the attraction areas or pick a more affordable hotel as long as it is on a tube route/HOHO route?

Are the hotels in the Tower of London area too far out of the way? I thought that since I know I want to visit the Tower that if I stayed there I could get into the line early and miss out on the big lines.

• I have found a Doubletree Hyde Park hotel for $211 USD for advance purchase [no cancellation]. It is very near a HOHO stop. Is this a good location?

• I can get a Doubletree Tower of London for $185 per night [with their 3nt special] and I do not have to prepay [can cancel]. Is this a good location? I feel it is a good deal.

Can you tell me about the Premier Inns and Travelodges? I have read they are the budget hotels in London. I see most do not have safes and/or hairdryers. Are there other things I should be aware of?

Thank you--I am sure once I get a few answers I will have more questions. :D

We stayed at the Double Tree Hyde Park in Sept. post-cruise. We loved it. I bought the 2 day Big Red Bus tickets online. The entrance to the hotel is actually on the side street. It was a little confusing because there were no signs at the time. It just got done renovations. The HOHO bus picks up in front. The hotels restaurant is in front where the bus picks up. The area was very nice and good to walk around in the evening. There's pubs, restaurants, small stores and some bigger ones further up. The hotel staff was helpful and nice. The rooms were new, with a nice Nespresso Machine for coffee. We would stay here again! Any questions, please ask.

I welcome your comments on this hotel.

I have made a reservation at the Doubletree London Tower hotel. They have a special rate for 3nt stays. [339 GBP including all taxes; works out to $187 USD/night] Since we are Hilton Honors members I also asked for the upgrade for an executive room-- extra 5 GBP/day for the executive room with lounge and breakfast. [if available the day we check in] I am not counting on this.

The hotel has good reviews.

I know the Tower area is not in the thick of things. But, it is close to one area we want to explore, has good HOHO access, a Thames river dock, a river walk with restaurants, and good access to tube. I also read that on weekends it is very quiet. We will spend Thurs-Sat nights.

It is not that far from the Liverpool St train station and we sail from Harwich. So, while it is not very convenient to Heathrow it is convenient to Liverpool St.

I can cancel up to 3 days before the trip. So, I am not locked into this.

Karinad--We looked at that hotel. too.

It is not that far from the Liverpool St train station and we sail from Harwich. So, while it is not very convenient to Heathrow it is convenient to Liverpool St.

It's actually not bad for LHR. Tower Hill is on the District line, so you can do the transfer at Barons Court to get there. Liverpool St. Station is a mere 2 stops away, making this a pretty good all-around location for you.