No Fashion Sense, What do I Pair This Skirt With?

AdorkableAnn

Hello everyone, I go on my first cruise as an adult this upcoming summer. I really want to get into the whole experience including the two formal nights, however I am and always have been a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. I found this beautiful skirt and bought it, now what would you guys suggest for a top to pair it with? I am busty and I prefer my arms upper arms covered. Thank you for any advice!!

skirt.thumb.jpg.eb34bacf4d2dadbf1dc2a5a0570f75a8.jpg

Hello everyone, I go on my first cruise as an adult this upcoming summer. I really want to get into the whole experience including the two formal nights, however I am and always have been a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. I found this beautiful skirt and bought it, now what would you guys suggest for a top to pair it with? I am busty and I prefer my arms upper arms covered. Thank you for any advice!!

I’m very conscientious of my upper arms right now because of muscle loss due to surgery and I’m loving the new open shoulder tops. Maybe something tropical looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would look at several websites Macy's , Lord &Taylor , Dillards to see what they pair their dressy long skirts with .This may give you some great ideas.

Agree! Seeing what they are putting with their dressy long skirts would be helpful to you. :)

There are MANY "evening" tops...something with a bit of sparkle! Gold, black, cream, even silver would be beautiful! Something that comes over the waist of the skirt, but not too long. Definitely look at dept. stores, either in person, or online and see what's out there!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first thing I thought of when I saw the skirt was a a black lace top. Maybe something with a bell sleeve if you can find it...keeps arms covered yet isn't as "boring" as a fitted sleeve. A matte jersey top with some metallic thread in in would be cute too.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the skirt was a a black lace top. Maybe something with a bell sleeve if you can find it...keeps arms covered yet isn't as "boring" as a fitted sleeve. A matte jersey top with some metallic thread in in would be cute too.

lol, I posted first before seeing what others had recommended. This is "exactly" one of the tops I suggested:

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/longsleeve+allover+lace+top/570227165?color=001&catId=cat210001

lol, I posted first before seeing what others had recommended. This is "exactly" one of the tops I suggested:

https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/product/longsleeve+allover+lace+top/570227165?color=001&catId=cat210001

Yes! I saw that and was about to post "hey don't worry, Queen of Oakville already found it for you...a black lace top with bell sleeves, just like I pictured in my mind!" And the thing about that particular top is that back home, or even on another night on the cruise, you could easily dress it down for a less formal night by pairing it with a pair of white jeans, white pants, dark wash jeans. You could also pair it with some dressy black pants for a monochromatic look.

(I don't typically care for lace for myself, but after reading my suggestions above, I may have to go over to WHBM today and try this top on if my local store has it in stock, LOL)

• 3 weeks later...

Black cap sleeved top with a sheer black chiffon long sleeve jacket over it. Accessorize with black and burgundy necklace, or gold tone and burgundy. Strappy gold sandals.