Salad Bar on Maasdam

debut

was great in the Lido when we sailed in her last year. Going on the Prisendam in October and hoping she has a salad bar like Maasdam. This is our 2nd cruise with Holland and hope to be as pleased with this second as we were with the first! Thanks for any comments about the two ships that I'd love to read:)

was great in the Lido when we sailed in her last year. Going on the Prisendam in October and hoping she has a salad bar like Maasdam. This is our 2nd cruise with Holland and hope to be as pleased with this second as we were with the first! Thanks for any comments about the two ships that I'd love to read:)

Maasdam has the classic HAL layout - lovely ship. Prinsendam is very different and a bit quirky but is also a very nice ship - not as easy to figure out where everything is as the Maasdam. Which keeps the Prinsendam a smaller interesting space in a way. The salad bar is such a hit I suspect it will be a feature on the Prinsendam as well (but have not sailed her in several years .... (gulp) .... like five years - since my next Big Birthday cruise is coming up this year.

We will be on the Maasdam in July. Is the salad bar self serve, or do you ask for what you want and they serve it to you?

We will be on the Maasdam in July. Is the salad bar self serve, or do you ask for what you want and they serve it to you?

Ask the server for the salad ingredients you desire.......as little or as much you wish.

They will ask which dressing you would like. I saw the server tossing the salad for some passengers.

Thanks for the comments, I'm sure the salad bar will be good. On Maasdam, the bar was large with all kinds of goodies, the server would take a huge bowl and fill it up with what you choose. Toss with whatever dressings you like. Very friendly bunch working there:D