The Pitons

captain99

Countdown begin for our 2019 Caribbean cruise! St Lucia will be one of our stop. Not really interrested to do The Pitons excursion but love to take pictures. It is possible to see it from the ship?

• 3 weeks later...

We just came back from St. Lucia and did a 5 to 6 hour tour of the island with Cosol Tours. It was great and I would highly recommend it. We did the tour with CJ and we have many good memories of our day in St. Lucia. The tour is $75.00 per person and is well worth it.

Countdown begin for our 2019 Caribbean cruise! St Lucia will be one of our stop. Not really interrested to do The Pitons excursion but love to take pictures. It is possible to see it from the ship?

I don't know what your exact itinerary will be, but it may depend on where your ship will be the day before and after St. Lucia. On our past two cruises on the southern itinerary, we have sailed out of San Juan on Carnival. I noticed from your signature that your cruise will be on Celebrity. Carnival has a set itinerary out of San Juan to: St. Thomas; Sea Day; Barbados; St. Lucia; St. Kitts; St. Maarten. So, we were in Barbados the day before St. Lucia and in St. Kitts the day after. I don't know if all cruise lines take the same route, but when on Carnival after leaving Barbados we sailed up to St. Lucia from the south and were able to see the Pitons from the ship both times. Our arrival time in Castries, St. Lucia was 8AM and we were passing the Pitons at 5:30AM but you can still see them after. They were on the starboard (right) side. If you have a telephoto lens, I'd recommend that. When we sailed out of St. Lucia up to St. Kitts, we were heading north and did not go past the Pitons. Of course, mother nature has to cooperate with fairly clear weather. If there were thick, low clouds, I don't know if they'd be visible or not. I have seen in reviews that some cruise lines will sail to the area of the Pitons when leaving St. Lucia for photo ops for passengers, but that may be if the next port is to the south.