Maasdam to NYC or Jersey?

BillderBo

I'll be cruising into NYC on the Maasdam this summer. At least that is what the itinerary says. But how do you know for sure which port they will use? I guess there is Brooklyn, Jersey City and Manhattan.

A site which shows cruise details (which cannot be named here) and usually very reliable, shows Maasdam will call at Manhattan on her August itinerary from Montreal - I believe on August 28.

I've sailed in or out of New York several times on HAL and it has always involved the Manhattan cruise terminal.

Here’s a radical thought — what about calling HAL and asking them? Cruise lines know specifically where their ships are docking.

True.

And if everyone who posts questions on CC called the cruise lines there wouldn't need to be any reason to have this forum.

Here’s a radical thought — what about calling HAL and asking them? Cruise lines know specifically where their ships are docking.
But the random person you get on the phone may not have the correct info. That happens a lot.

Not radical at all. I did ask HAL. They sent me the standard itinerary that lists "New York City," but the rep was unable to confirm it would be the port on Manhattan.

There is no cruise terminal in Jersey City...

Technically, you are correct, but Jersey City is the nearest city of any size to Cape Liberty Cruise Port. It sits 1,000 feet from the Jersey City line.