Maasdam fall 2018

islandwoman

Does anywhere know where the Maasdam will sail after she reaches Ft. Lauderdale in August 2018? I was hoping to book a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Australia, but there's nothing posted, even though HAL's transpacifics from Vancouver to New Zealand are already online.

I saw another thread that speculated that the Maasdam is being sold.

Does anywhere know where the Maasdam will sail after she reaches Ft. Lauderdale in August 2018? I was hoping to book a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Australia, but there's nothing posted, even though HAL's transpacifics from Vancouver to New Zealand are already online.

Maasdam is appearing in port schedules in the Australia region, starting with Sydney on the 21st of October 2018 and popping up in other ports in that corner of the world, like Melbourne and Hobart. No guarantees, but looks like she will be out there according to the same schedule as in 2017, so departing around mid-September from Fort Lauderdale.

Maasdam is booked in Port Chalmers on 17th December 2018, the website has shown this booking for a long time.

A few years ago, Zuiderdam was booked at our ports, but was replaced with Oosterdam.

I guess that as long as HAL has bookings at the ports, they can bring us another ship "down under" instead of Maasdam.

• 2 weeks later...
Bad news. Apparently Maasdam is not going to Australia. Just Noordam. HAL told my friend today that she's doing US east coast instead.

Thanks for posting.

I wonder though if your friend was given accurate information. The US East Coast is an itinerary that's done in North America's spring, fall, and summer, not in the winter. The Maasdam's last posted 2018 cruise is August 18 from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale, 11 days. That looks like a repositioning cruise to me. I'd be surprised if she goes back up the US East Coast again at that time of the year. But stranger things have happened.

Thanks for posting.

I wonder though if your friend was given accurate information. The US East Coast is an itinerary that's done in North America's spring, fall, and summer, not in the winter. The Maasdam's last posted 2018 cruise is August 18 from Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale, 11 days. That looks like a repositioning cruise to me. I'd be surprised if she goes back up the US East Coast again at that time of the year. But stranger things have happened.

Always possible. She is a five star mariner though and definitely has the contacts. Could have been mistaken about where Maasdam is heading though. Maybe this is a sign that the South Pacific grand voyage is back :)

Well, they are doing something with the schedule of Maasdam, even at this minute.

As of today, the cruise(s) ending in Fort Lauderdale for the Fall 2018, have been removed from the schedule! They are doing something, this morning available cruise count was at 701 and is now 25 cruises lower!!

I noticed the Volendam is being replaced by the Westerdam in Asia in the fall of 2018 and the Volendam is scheduled for some of Maasdam's runs from San Diego to Lima, Peru. I think this is further indication that Maasdam will leave the fleet late in 2018.

I wonder if they will use the Maasdam for Cuba sailings in the fall of 2018. They need a small ship.

I doubt it. I think it's more likely that port calls already scheduled for Cuba will be cancelled, given the administration's new Cuba policy. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/traveling-to-cuba-under-trump-policy-what-you-need-to-know-w488649

I doubt it. I think it's more likely that port calls already scheduled for Cuba will be cancelled, given the administration's new Cuba policy. http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/traveling-to-cuba-under-trump-policy-what-you-need-to-know-w488649

Cruise ships are fine to continue to Cuba. Already been announced under the new policy.

Cruise ships are fine to continue to Cuba. Already been announced under the new policy.

I wonder what the passengers will do there, when the "people to people" and "educational activities" classifications are eliminated?

My money says Maasdam is gone after that cruise. Here's why I think that will be the case:

Canada New England makes incredible money in the fall. Leaving in AUGUST makes no sense.

With the ship in Florida, in August, it's way too early to start the Caribbean season. Hurricane season is in full force that time of year and if they were going to do summer in the Caribbean they would just do summer in the Caribbean (however Celebrity put Equinox [or Eclipse?] out there and they've had a hell of a time trying to sell it.)

Maasdam has also done that 40-something day cross the Atlantic, go to Europe and come back itinerary before, but that's in the winter. It would be odd to do that in the summer and would make more sense to have the ship in Europe. But if you're going to do Europe, just do Europe.

Bermuda makes no sense from Florida

Panama Canal that time of year would be BRUTAL with the heat and humidity... and again... hurricane season.

Now that we've eliminated all departures from the east coast... What's out there near Florida.

...Grand Bahama Shipyard

On my last Maasdam cruise, I expressed my concern as I heard she would be leaving the fleet and I have a Spring 2018 cruise booked on her. I was told by a crew member she would be leaving in the fall of 2018.

Thanks for posting.

This post makes perfect sense and I agree with it,.

• 3 months later...

Perhaps you know by now, but the Maasdam will be leaving FLL for Tahiti on Sept 10, 2018, followed by a 2-week cruise of the islands for a total of 48 days. It will head west after that.

Just just booked the 48 day cruise.

• 4 months later...