Eurodam dining room layout

ZSandy25

Is there a site/location one can go to see the layout of the dining room with table numbers etc. I contacted HAL chat but my chat partner Michael said it is not available on their site. He said I would have to call ships services. I answered that I would make my request on Cruise Critic as I've seen some posts showing a layout of dining rooms and could probably get an answer... He responded, that's a possibility.

So my CC friends can you help? If it's on their site I will send Chat Michael the info.

Is there a site/location one can go to see the layout of the dining room with table numbers etc. I contacted HAL chat but my chat partner Michael said it is not available on their site. He said I would have to call ships services. I answered that I would make my request on Cruise Critic as I've seen some posts showing a layout of dining rooms and could probably get an answer... He responded, that's a possibility.

So my CC friends can you help? If it's on their site I will send Chat Michael the info.

Try http://www.halfacts.com it has the layout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We didn't request, but have been assigned, fixed early dining (which is fine) but can we request a certain 2-top table on the lower level? & who do we contact to do so? TIA.
Do you mean you want to switch from Fixed (upper level) to Open (lower level)? If yes, once on board go see a MDR assistant manager that will most likely be at or near the entrance of the MDR lower level and ask. It's much easier to switch from Fixed to Open than the other way around. Edited by catl331

We didn't request, but have been assigned, fixed early dining (which is fine) but can we request a certain 2-top table on the lower level? & who do we contact to do so? TIA.

Fixed dining is on the upper level on all the ships with 2-level dining.

You can request a specific table 2-3 weeks in advance of sailing by having your TA send in the request for you. Generally, giving a selection of a few tables, even in order of preference, works best.

This is request only, and you may not get your first choice, but usually they do their best to assign you what you want.

Once you've determined the table you'd like to have contact ship services 1-800-541-1576 (M-F 7am - 5pm PST) to make your requests. They are not always granted but it might help.

Fixed dining is on the upper level on all the ships with 2-level dining.
When we were on the K-dam it was Fixed and Open mixed on both levels, but I don't know if that was just an experiment or it has stayed that way since.

When we were on the K-dam it was Fixed and Open mixed on both levels, but I don't know if that was just an experiment or it has stayed that way since.

You're right; I have read that.

Since it's the only ship I haven't sailed, I keep forgetting the many ways in which she is different from the other HAL ships.

Thank you all... I thought I had read that some ships do have fixed dining on Deck 2.

I have had fixed dining tables on both the upper and lower level of the Dining Room. Usually it is the Upper Level, but I have been assigned a table on the lower level as well a few times. I am not sure what causes some fixed diners to be assigned tables on the lower level, but I can say that people waiting for tables in the Open Dining queue do get a bit miffed as the fixed diners with tables on the lower level walk right past them and go to a table immediately. I had a number of snarky comments thrown in my direction when I had lower level fixed dining tables and was going to dinner.

I have had fixed dining tables on both the upper and lower level of the Dining Room. Usually it is the Upper Level, but I have been assigned a table on the lower level as well a few times. I am not sure what causes some fixed diners to be assigned tables on the lower level, but I can say that people waiting for tables in the Open Dining queue do get a bit miffed as the fixed diners with tables on the lower level walk right past them and go to a table immediately. I had a number of snarky comments thrown in my direction when I had lower level fixed dining tables and was going to dinner.

We had Any Time dining on our last cruise & had made our table preference known early on so for most of the dinners we just bypassed the line & headed for our table. We also received some snarky comments so we started coming to dinner a little later to avoid the hecklers.... :):)

We had Any Time dining on our last cruise & had made our table preference known early on so for most of the dinners we just bypassed the line & headed for our table. We also received some snarky comments so we started coming to dinner a little later to avoid the hecklers.... :):)

Coming later really isn't an option for fixed dining, especially early fixed dining. I had thought about coming downstairs from the upper floor of the dining room, but a couple of our travelling/dining party can't do stairs so the option was to enter from the lower level. It's really not the best set up for diners, but more of that is because of passengers and not necessarily the system.

I was on the Eurodam recently and they took us upstairs to eat even though we were open dining. We ended up at a table for six.

And similarly, we were fixed dining on the lower level, with numerous fixed tables around us.