Does MSC offer cruise air?

botherme75

Hello everyone! We have booked our first MSC cruise on Grandiosa for 2020.....so far away. [emoji30]. Does anyone know if MSC offers cruise air (similar to Air2Sea from Royal)? Our experience with A2S has been a good one, and got a great rate for our upcoming cruise out of Barcelona, flying from Chicago . We were hoping to get a similar experience with MSC.

Thank you for any info you might have!

Kind Regards,

Janet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Janet they do offer add on airfare however I have read of a few problems in some recent reviews .

First off , you can definitely get a better price if you shop around on line. Their price was quite a bit higher . And second , two separate posters have shared bad experiences using the flights purchased through MSC . One gentleman said they nearly missed getting on board due to mix ups with the airline connections .

Since you have so much time til you cruise , I would definitely look around to see what other options you may have.

Janet they do offer add on airfare however I have read of a few problems in some recent reviews .

First off , you can definitely get a better price if you shop around on line. Their price was quite a bit higher . And second , two separate posters have shared bad experiences using the flights purchased through MSC . One gentleman said they nearly missed getting on board due to mix ups with the airline connections .

Since you have so much time til you cruise , I would definitely look around to see what other options you may have.

Thank you so much for the info! Sounds like we will definitely book it on our own. [emoji4]

Janet

Easy rule, if the trip is very close, usually the cruise + airfare from MSC is cheaper than buying the flight yourself (if it is not a "simple" connection you can do with Ryanair or Easyjet). If the trip is far away like in your case you should be able to find a much better price by yourself.

Exception: For cruises that start from places with very little airline competition like Havana, the MSC offer for cruise + airfare is very difficult to beat.

• 2 weeks later...
Easy rule, if the trip is very close, usually the cruise + airfare from MSC is cheaper than buying the flight yourself (if it is not a "simple" connection you can do with Ryanair or Easyjet). If the trip is far away like in your case you should be able to find a much better price by yourself.

Exception: For cruises that start from places with very little airline competition like Havana, the MSC offer for cruise + airfare is very difficult to beat.

Thank you for the info! I think we will do better to book on our own. [emoji4]

Janet

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking at doing a transatlantic on MSC next year. Usually, it's far cheaper to go through a cruise line for one ways for Trans Atlantics. Where online can you even look at what MSC would charge? If I have to do the air myself it would add substantially to the overall cost of the cruise.

Have no clue if MSC has their act together on one-way TA fares. But you might want to explore options with Aer Lingus or Icelandic...both of whom sell one-way fares. Both those airlines offer an added benefit of free multi-day stopovers in their respective countries.

Hank

Have no clue if MSC has their act together on one-way TA fares. But you might want to explore options with Aer Lingus or Icelandic...both of whom sell one-way fares. Both those airlines offer an added benefit of free multi-day stopovers in their respective countries.

Hank

Thanks. Aer Lingus doesn’t fly into Vancouver but they have just partnered with Alaska out of Seattle. Icelandic does seasonal service here I believe. West jet will do one ways from Gatwick to Vancouver via Calgary. And I can get easily from Valencia to Gatwick.