MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

A taste of cruising from NY.

Great video. I've lived in NYC my whole life, and I always get goosebumps when I see the skyline when we come home from a trip. It'll be amazing to sail away from here for the first time.

A taste of cruising from NY.

Wow, what a view! Thanks for posting this. That day I was watching the entire thing from aboard the Staten Island ferry and especially loved the NYFD tribute with the water spray. It was all I could do to contain my excitement!

where is this secret deck located at?

Deck 10 all the way forward (either side) there is a set of doors on the side leading to the outside deck. There is also one on Decks 9,7 and 6.

Edited by big_duck

Deck 10 all the way forward (either side) there is a set of doors on the side leading to the outside deck. There is also one on Decks 9,7 and 6.

I remember that on the Triumph and the Victory you could go from one to the other via some stairs that connected them. Can you do the same on the Splendor?

We prefer #4 Orange at HMC, and #9 or #10 at GT.

I've booked a cabana in Grand Turk. Do I have to go to the excursion desk to request a location???

We were in 1003, the door was right next to our cabin.

Do the beds in 1003 go together or are they head to head?

Thanks,

Maggie

I've booked a cabana in Grand Turk. Do I have to go to the excursion desk to request a location???

Do the beds in 1003 go together or are they head to head?

Thanks,

Maggie

You have to go to the excursion desk.

Even separated the beds would be side by side but they do go together.

IMG_1268.JPG

You have to go to the excursion desk.

Even separated the beds would be side by side but they do go together.

IMG_1268.JPG

That's a cool cabin! Does it have a balcony or is the secret deck your balcony :)

We have one of the aft wraps on deck 6 and it has a different configuration from most rooms. There is a window behind the beds - I love that!

That's a cool cabin! Does it have a balcony or is the secret deck your balcony :)

We have one of the aft wraps on deck 6 and it has a different configuration from most rooms. There is a window behind the beds - I love that!

The secret deck was our balcony, pity we couldn't enjoy if for long and there are no chairs or loungers out there. There are 2 windows BTW and no couch.

Here is a different angle.

IMG_1271.JPG

The secret deck was our balcony, pity we couldn't enjoy if for long and there are no chairs or loungers out there. There are 2 windows BTW and no couch.

Looks like they gave you plenty of chairs to make up for the couch. Ours has a couch and 1 chair.

I wonder how difficult it would be to smuggle some of the comfy chairs from the Serenity deck down to the secret deck :D

They ought to put some there and not tell anyone ... just have it be a surprise/secret Serenity deck!

IMG_1271.JPG

its looks you have a spa cabin. Did you go to the spa for free?

The more I look at deck plans the more The Splendor looks like The Grand Princess. Anyone know if they are twins?

I know The Splendor wasn't originally built as I Carnival ship. Thx.

The Splendor was originally built to be a Costa ship. It is similar to the Concordia class of ships. (Thanks Wikipedia for that info :p )

My husband and I are going on the splendor with my mom is October 2013, we were on liberty in November 2012 and loved it. I have never left out of New York and wondered what people thought of the water, was it rough and about the 3 days straight at sea. Would appreciate any insight. Thank you

Thanks,

Maggie

For the GT cabanas you do not go to the excursion desk to pick your location. Once the ship docks in GT, head right over to Margaritaville, show them your excursion ticket, then they will assign you a cabana, first come first serve. You can request a specific cabana if you want.

Edited by Jamman54

My husband and I are going on the splendor with my mom is October 2013, we were on liberty in November 2012 and loved it. I have never left out of New York and wondered what people thought of the water, was it rough and about the 3 days straight at sea. Would appreciate any insight. Thank you

Where are you headed? And early or late Oct?

NY sail away is awesome! The pier is in the Hudson River, so you sail down the river for a bit with the NY skyline on one side and the NJ Palisades on the other and a bit of NY skyline - we have some too!

You pass the new Freedom Tower and lower Manhattan and head into the harbor where you will pass fairly close to the Statue of Liberty. The harbor is neat - lots of boats, Staten Island Ferry passengers always wave! Then you go under the Verrazano Bridge - always fun - it's a close fit!

As for the weather - October is flaky. It could be hot and calm or cold and stormy. It's the end of hurricane season and the beginning of Nor'easter season where storms come up the coast. But like I said, we often get a bit of Indian Summer in October and the weather is gorgeous.