Voyager of the seas 3 day sampler 19-2-15

I have just finished reading all the horrible experiences people have had on board the Voyager after the makeover. I went on a 3 day sampler last year and loved it. This time I paid for a premium drink package and thinking about canceling it because of all the bad reviews about waiting to be served, understaffed bars, and the staff not caring, and not wanting to serve you as you have a package deal. Can anyone let me know how to get around this problem and who I could talk too. Thank you Vanessa

When you are looking at the reviews, even though some of them say they are experienced cruisers, they have just joined and they have no posts. Have a good look at some of the over the top comments. Kids hated the kids club as they were locked in? Seriously, any cruise we go on the more likely thing is that parents are a bit offended as the kids keep wanting to go back to the kids club. They "had to entertain their kids". Wow, most parents want to spend time with the kids.

Many more of the comments were just so over the top that they were laughable on several of those reviews. I don't know who is paying them to start up these characters, but they are doing a terrible job. Negative reviews really should be a bit more realistic.

Did you hear that sort of feedback on your last trip? Why would the trip coming up not be as fantastic as your last one?

Go and enjoy it, and come back and let us know if any of those weird reviews really made any sense.

I have just finished reading all the horrible experiences people have had on board the Voyager after the makeover. I went on a 3 day sampler last year and loved it. This time I paid for a premium drink package and thinking about canceling it because of all the bad reviews about waiting to be served, understaffed bars, and the staff not caring, and not wanting to serve you as you have a package deal. Can anyone let me know how to get around this problem and who I could talk too. Thank you Vanessa

If you want to cancel it, you can contact whoever you booked it through i.e. the TA if you booked through them, or RCL direct if you booked directly.

I am looking forward to cruising with you.

Disregard the reviews and do not sweat the small stuff but enjoy. if there are any major issues on board, get them fixed straight away.:D

AHH Come on Mic. Poor Vanessa is looking for positives about the cruise and then you go and tell her that you are going on it:D:D:D

Vanessa, Just ignore the negative comments and form your own opinion, that is really the only one that counts for you. I always figure a" not so good" cruise is still better than no cruise at all. (even if Mic is on board):cool:

Also remember there are over 3500 people on the Voyager and only maybe a dozen of them complained.

Edited by gbenjo

AHH Come on Mic. Poor Vanessa is looking for positives about the cruise and then you go and tell her that you are going on it:D:D:D

Vanessa, Just ignore the negative comments and form your own opinion, that is really the only one that counts for you. I always figure a" not so good" cruise is still better than no cruise at all. (even if Mic is on board):cool:

Also remember there are over 3500 people on the Voyager and only maybe a dozen of them complained.

Great point, people will often take the time to complain but rarely do it for praise. :D

Besides, gbenjo is right, so I will try to behave.:p

Great point, people will often take the time to complain but rarely do it for praise. :D

Besides, gbenjo is right, so I will try to behave.:p

As long as you try:D......see you on the 19th....do you want the carpet square????:rolleyes:

When you are looking at the reviews, even though some of them say they are experienced cruisers, they have just joined and they have no posts. Have a good look at some of the over the top comments. Kids hated the kids club as they were locked in? Seriously, any cruise we go on the more likely thing is that parents are a bit offended as the kids keep wanting to go back to the kids club. They "had to entertain their kids". Wow, most parents want to spend time with the kids.

I think that review took the cake - I had a terrible cruise because my kids didn't like the kids club and they were with us.

Hello, that's called parenting!

Edited by aussielozzie18

I am looking forward to cruising with you.

Disregard the reviews and do not sweat the small stuff but enjoy. if there are any major issues on board, get them fixed straight away.:D

beware

Beware

BEWARE

Checked in by gbenjo

Cruising with MicCanberra

Your sanity is in real danger.

I was only saved by not having any to start with.

I was just on the jan 22-25th sampler & had a great time! I had also done a sampler on her 1 year previous.

I didn't notice much difference in crowds to be honest. I do seem to have a good flow on ships though. with 2 young girls, we generally do breakfast @ about 8-8:30 & crowds aren't a problem then. & early dinner @ 6, so after dinner the bars are pretty easy to get a drink.

We did Izumi for dinner & it was awesome.

Just sitting & watching the Flowrider was a lot of fun too! There's always loads of places on the ship where there's nobody if you need some peace & quiet too. Like just under the flower rider, after Johnny Rockets there's loads of table & chairs. & Star lounge when there's nothing is so empty but usually a bar tender there!

We enjoyed it so much we booked another in the ship. Explorer 13 nighter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just on the jan 22-25th sampler & had a great time! I had also done a sampler on her 1 year previous.

I didn't notice much difference in crowds to be honest. I do seem to have a good flow on ships though. with 2 young girls, we generally do breakfast @ about 8-8:30 & crowds aren't a problem then. & early dinner @ 6, so after dinner the bars are pretty easy to get a drink.

We did Izumi for dinner & it was awesome.

Just sitting & watching the Flowrider was a lot of fun too! There's always loads of places on the ship where there's nobody if you need some peace & quiet too. Like just under the flower rider, after Johnny Rockets there's loads of table & chairs. & Star lounge when there's nothing is so empty but usually a bar tender there!

We enjoyed it so much we booked another in the ship. Explorer 13 nighter!

Welcome to Cruise critic.:D

Can you tell me if they had a formal night on the sampler?

Welcome to Cruise critic.:D

Can you tell me if they had a formal night on the sampler?

Also DH interested in the above. GD would like to know if there was a parade and also the ice show on the 3 nighter. Thanks.

Yes Formal night on the 2nd night. Fairly casual though.

Dreamworks parade is on the first night. It was at 11pm on ours? Seems crazy to me as it's the kids that would enjoy it most. We didn't go but went to the Dresmworks breakfast the next morning. In lvl 4 of MDR. That cost $10 per adult. Kids free.

The Dreamworks character are also out & about through the sampler. Plenty of photo ops. They are normally in the promenade of an evening for pics.

Thanks for that Bitter Bulldog, great information. GD will be pleased about the ice shows. Bit late for kids to see the parade, although one of our rooms is a promenade inside - maybe GD can watch from there if awake.

Yes Formal night on the 2nd night. Fairly casual though.

Dreamworks parade is on the first night. It was at 11pm on ours? Seems crazy to me as it's the kids that would enjoy it most. We didn't go but went to the Dresmworks breakfast the next morning. In lvl 4 of MDR. That cost $10 per adult. Kids free.

The Dreamworks character are also out & about through the sampler. Plenty of photo ops. They are normally in the promenade of an evening for pics.

Cheers .:D

Thanks for that Bitter Bulldog, great information. GD will be pleased about the ice shows. Bit late for kids to see the parade, although one of our rooms is a promenade inside - maybe GD can watch from there if awake.

That is a great plan, we should have got a promenade room.:D