A safe place to spend the night near cape liberty?

I'm looking at hotels in the area for this weekend, it seems like Elizabeth is a reasonable location. Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience. I want to be able to park for the night with peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For April 1 to sail on the 2nd? How much do you want to Spend? Look at the Courtyard, Country Inns, Embassy Suites and Residence Inn on International Way (formerly Glimcher Realty Way).

Probably 150-200 from what I have seen.

Courtyard Elizabeth is below that budget and would be just fine for you for April 1. Residence Inn is a bit more and Embassy Suites even more. Country Inns is sold out.

Glimcher Realty Way was renamed to International Blvd and many of the GPS programs have not caught up with that change. International Blvd is a loop off of Kapkowski Road next to Jersey Gardens Mall.

• 3 weeks later...
I went with the Westin in jersey city with a superior king room. It was very nice. Honestly it was one of my favorite parts of my whole vacation.

The Westin is lovely, but typically not within the $150-200 budget you mentioned unless you get a last minute deal. Also parking is $24. What did you end up paying?

It was about $280 for the room and $24 for the parking. When I checked out I locked my parking ticket in the room. Went to my car and realized what happened, it would've been $40 for an overnight fee. I ran back in, they let me in the room and I actually found the ticket.

I decided to treat myself to a nicer room and it was well worth it. Definitely a highlight of the entire vacation.

Got a question regarding country inn and suites in Elizabeth nj. I think meg has stayed there but was wondering if anyone has been there recently? I was looking to book but the TripAdvisor and yelp reviews recently are terrible saying that it is filthy and run down. I always take reviews with caution but there was a number like that. Anyone on cruise critic been there in the last 6 months? It's priced well but don't need a filthy room. Any recent visitors with opinions or should I create a new post?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got a question regarding country inn and suites in Elizabeth nj. I think meg has stayed there but was wondering if anyone has been there recently? I was looking to book but the TripAdvisor and yelp reviews recently are terrible saying that it is filthy and run down. I always take reviews with caution but there was a number like that. Anyone on cruise critic been there in the last 6 months? It's priced well but don't need a filthy room. Any recent visitors with opinions or should I create a new post?

Mike

You might want to start a new post to get a wider audience. I stayed there about a year ago and it was fine. I was even upgraded to a mini suite that slept 6, which was wasted on a solo traveler. Meg hasn't stayed there for a while.

Bottom line - it's an airport hotel, not a vacation destination.

You might want to start a new post to get a wider audience. I stayed there about a year ago and it was fine. I was even upgraded to a mini suite that slept 6, which was wasted on a solo traveler. Meg hasn't stayed there for a while.

Bottom line - it's an airport hotel, not a vacation destination.

Thank you, mike

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I pass the CI, it still.looks like they are redoing it. The public areas, last year, were still looking sad, and the elevator? Well.slow is an understatement. The Res Inn and CY adjacent, are more recently redone, within.the last couple years.

Sent from the cat's Galaxy S8

Every time I pass the CI, it still.looks like they are redoing it. The public areas, last year, were still looking sad, and the elevator? Well.slow is an understatement. The Res Inn and CY adjacent, are more recently redone, within.the last couple years.

Sent from the cat's Galaxy S8

Thanks, as 138east said it's an airport hotel not a destination. I think we can tough it out for an overnight no matter what. The reviews are all over the place. I might try uber to the ship, we still don't have uber in Western ny so this will be a first for us.

Mike

Motorman,....there are worse places you can stay!! LOL.

I haven't used Uber for Cape Liberty but I generally drive so, not a thing for me. I never was a fan til I used it the first time...and while I don't want to take money from cabbies, I will say that Uber and Lyft drivers have much cleaner cars... ;p