Is anyone else watching this cruise series on the Smithsonian channel

dolittle

I set the DVR to record all so I have only seen two the Europa which was O.K. then the one about the Carnival Vista which was very good. Tonight I am watching Viking river cruise first ocean cruiser. It is a pretty good series. I think they air on Sunday nights.

I set the DVR to record all so I have only seen two the Europa which was O.K. then the one about the Carnival Vista which was very good. Tonight I am watching Viking river cruise first ocean cruiser. It is a pretty good series. I think they air on Sunday nights.

I would, if we got that channel. :(

I think the series is called Mighty Ships.

Actually, it's "Mighty Cruise Ships." There is another show called "Mighty Ships" that concentrates on commercial and warships. I DVR both of them, as well as "Mighty Trains."

We are watching too. Seems a bit boring. They seem to feature the drama about late arrivals, cancelled excursions, and food issues. Wish they would show more of the ship, including public areas and cabins (from thr smallest inside to the best suite and some in between).

I've also thought the same thing. I would rather see the ship itself rather than a busload of passengers making the ship have to wait. The show is Mighty Cruise Ships, not Cruise Passenger Drama.....

We are watching too. Seems a bit boring. They seem to feature the drama about late arrivals, cancelled excursions, and food issues. Wish they would show more of the ship, including public areas and cabins (from thr smallest inside to the best suite and some in between).

Nail it Phil, could have been so much better.

(Slapping the side of my head :) ) You are all correct, it is named Mighty Cruise Ships. Sorry about incorrect title. That explains why there have been so many shows with cruise ships, lol.

My husband has watched Mighty Ships for quite a while then there were the cruise ship episodes and it all kind of blurred together and the Cruise in the title just hasn't settled in my mind. He also watched the train show, along with other shows on trains, airplanes, war, ... I give half attention while doing other things until something pulls me in for a bit :o .

Although, I don't find this series boring I do agree w/you about seeing more public spaces and especially the cabins. That is where my interests lie.

I've also thought the same thing. I would rather see the ship itself rather than a busload of passengers making the ship have to wait. The show is Mighty Cruise Ships, not Cruise Passenger Drama.....

Agree that I could do without all of the drama. It also bothers me when the keep saying the full ship name each time (without a leading "the"), like Celebrate Solstice instead of just Solstice (although I watched a bit of the Carnival Vista episode and they seemed to have stopped doing that). I also noticed that the chef didn't find any bad produce on that episode.

The announcer seems to be the same as Undercover Boss and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same people behind both shows given that UB is also big on drama.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Paul; Gaugin is a quite tempting ship, :)

I have Comcst cable and could not find Smithsonian channel but checked On Demand and found Mighty Cruise ships. I like being able to watch subsequent episodes On Demand when I feel like it..

I have Comcst cable and could not find Smithsonian channel but checked On Demand and found Mighty Cruise ships. I like being able to watch subsequent episodes On Demand when I feel like it..

I have Verizon FiOS and do get the Smithsonian Channel. I also checked On Demand and found the show there (which is convenient since I've been DVRing the old episodes), but only season 1. Not sure when the new episodes in season 2 will be added (or if you have it on your system).The Carnival Vista and Viking Sea episodes are from season 2.

Last night's episode was Royal Clipper, which was pretty interesting. Passengers missed the boat in the first port, but they were able to catch up when the ship stopped at a nearby island. They blurred the faces of the 2 passengers when they boarded and the woman said they thought they had time (the hotel director was NOT happy). Then a family of 4 almost missed the ship in another port but just made it. They didn't seem at all apologetic when they boarded.

Anyway, there is a website with all of the episodes listed, and you can watch 3 minute clips of each https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/shows/mighty-cruise-ships/1003687 .

You can watch the full first episode on Paul Gauguin for free. Other episodes can be purchased from a variety of providers - iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and Vudu.

Next week's episode is Ocean Endeavour on 10/1, followed by MSC Divina on 10/8. That might be the end of season 2.