Britannia G deck (E deck on Royal Princess)

Jo and Rob

Our guarantee cabin has changed from A deck to G deck. It seems to have a large balcony but looks like it is cut out of the ship! Is it obstructed? Our cabin number is G108 which looks like the pointy bit at the front of the ship. Any information would be really appreciated.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=tablet-android-samsung&hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&q=royal+princess+balcony&chips=q:royal+princess+balcony,g_2:obstructed&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijiZL_iNvZAhXKe8AKHcARDZcQ4lYIKCgA&biw=1280&bih=677&dpr=1#imgrc=bBGA0pLkv3zAWM:

It’s obstructed in that the balcony front is steel rather than glass, so you won’t have much of a view unless standing. However, you will have a deeper (and more usable) balcony than the terribly shallow ones elsewhere. We have stayed in forward suites a few times on Britannia and really liked them, much more so than the aft ones. You will experience noise in that cabin an hour or so prior to arrival in ports as they prepare the ropes and / or anchor, but that never bothers us as we enjoy watching port arrivals.

It’s obstructed in that the balcony front is steel rather than glass, so you won’t have much of a view unless standing. However, you will have a deeper (and more usable) balcony than the terribly shallow ones elsewhere. We have stayed in forward suites a few times on Britannia and really liked them, much more so than the aft ones. You will experience noise in that cabin an hour or so prior to arrival in ports as they prepare the ropes and / or anchor, but that never bothers us as we enjoy watching port arrivals.

I found that it is rated GF which is an upgrade in that we now have a sofa. Looking at pictures of Britannia it looks like the balcony is open and not covered. Perhaps there will be a chance of some sun even though we are port side.

I found that it is rated GF which is an upgrade in that we now have a sofa. Looking at pictures of Britannia it looks like the balcony is open and not covered. Perhaps there will be a chance of some sun even though we are port side.

I was going from your photo, but if it’s glass fronted I’d say that’s a result. The extra balcony space will be a godsend, as will a sofa. Though not perfect due to the lack of a promenade deck and midship stairs (the latter to be resolved at the first refit), the Select dining venues are superb, with the best Epicurean, Sindhu and Beach House in the fleet IMO and the added benefit of the Limelight Club. We like the modern and good quality cabin facilities (those in the rest of the fleet are looking dated now) and like the overall ambiance of the ship. I would be happy with that cabin. Enjoy.

I was going from your photo, but if it’s glass fronted I’d say that’s a result. The extra balcony space will be a godsend, as will a sofa. Though not perfect due to the lack of a promenade deck and midship stairs (the latter to be resolved at the first refit), the Select dining venues are superb, with the best Epicurean, Sindhu and Beach House in the fleet IMO and the added benefit of the Limelight Club. We like the modern and good quality cabin facilities (those in the rest of the fleet are looking dated now) and like the overall ambiance of the ship. I would be happy with that cabin. Enjoy.

Thank you. I don't think it is glass fronted. I've found a picture of Britannia rather than Royal Princess. The balcony looks huge!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=firefox-b&dcr=0&biw=1280&bih=677&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=nUygWrLmL8bNgAbD_YG4BA&q=britannia+ship&oq=britannia+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i67k1l6j0l2j0i67k1l2.3918.3918.0.6295.1.1.0.0.0.0.63.63.1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.62....0.CuYRyelnP48#imgrc=c_9F1xxfzvXlgM: