Best Place For Lobster In Portland, Maine

gstoo

Gilbert's is good for their chowder and lobster rolls. Portland lobster company for lobsters. Plenty of restaurants, lots of small stores on the side streets.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tip...definitely go to the Holy Doughnut!

BUT do not bring them back to anybody onboard or for a snack later...

Because they confiscate them!!!

I got out of line, went back and sat on a bench and shared them with the security guards (who were quite excited when they found out I was holding Holy Doughnuts!)

Could anyone tell me of a good place for lobster close to pier in Portland, Maine. Preferably where you can get whole large ones. Thanks

Get an uber and go to Two Lights in Cape Elizabeth. Great scenery and great lobsters.

Or...book an excursion to Kennebunk and go to the clam shack. If you're in Portland/Maine overnight go to Nunan's in Cape Porpoise.

How late are you in Portland? If you're there late, rent a car & take route one south to Ogunquit and go to the Ogunquit Lobster Pound. It's about an hours drive but well worth the ride. They're not open for lunch but you can confirm they're open here; http://ogunquitlobsterpound.com.

You can choose your lobster and it will be the best lobster dinner you ever eat!

In addition to the cost of uber, the Lobster Shack at Two Lights in Cape Elizabeth is overpriced.

Lobster rolls at Portland Lobster Co, or Becky's Diner are good, and close by. Eventide has one that is fairly pricey, but the raw bar makes up for it. Great seafood, including lobster (and a lobster roll made with the meat of an entire 1-1/4lb lobster) at Boone's Fish House & Oyster Room.

For something different, try Highroller Lobster on Exchange. They have a battered and fried lobster tail on a stick. Lobster taco, or a "surf and turf" lobster/beef brisket burger.

Tip...definitely go to the Holy Doughnut!

BUT do not bring them back to anybody onboard or for a snack later...

Because they confiscate them!!!

I got out of line, went back and sat on a bench and shared them with the security guards (who were quite excited when they found out I was holding Holy Doughnuts!)

What ship were you on that they were going to confiscate them? We ate our's on the spot...luckily finding an empty table inside the shop.....but saw several cruiser's from our ship (Anthem) buying them by the box and obviously taking them back to the ship....this was this past October.

It was NCL or Carnival..don't remember what ship...maybe been on too many cruises! (Nope!). I bought 6 to take back for some friends on the ship. Put them thru screening and the girl said you have doughnuts, I said yes and she said she would have to keep them, I thought she was kidding. She said that there was no non packaged food allowed back onboard.

They also did not allow a couple with burgers back on the ship. As I said, the security guards at the gate were very happy! I wonder if the people on the Anthem actually got them onboard?!