Brexit Travel Uncertainty

From a news article this morning.

With Tui being the parent company of Marella, best to check the small print on yourbooking well in advance…

The consumer group Which? said it believed holiday companies should be providing updated terms and conditions for customer cancellations and refunds in the event the UK leaves the EU without an aviation deal on 29 March next year. British holidaymakers booking trips within the EU for after Brexit are being urged to check the small print amid claims travel firms are failing to clarify their rights.

It found Tui, Jet2 and On the Beach "failed to provide anyreassurance that any information would be communicated upfront".

Spotted it on Sky News under "Travel Firms "fail" to give Brexit holiday clarity to customers". Google it and you will see other media are also reporting.

Thanks for the post, as you suggested I've googled it.

And despite phrasing my google search in a number of different ways, almost all the results came back with exactly the same wording. The various media have simply copied & pasted. :rolleyes:

Oh for the days of proper investigative journalism.

Surprise, surprise - the root source isn't "Which", it's actually Ryanair chief Michael O'Leary, a fervent anti-Brexit campaigner who is probably the biggest air carrier in Europe & who fears for his empire.

All responsible travel agents (including Thomson) are members of ABTA, which guarantees customers refunds, repatriations etc in the event of a member agent breaking the rules, going belly-up etc.

Just one of those googled websites posted a quite from ABTA - “Package holidays will continue to be covered by regulations which give holidaymakers the right to an alternative holiday, if available, or a refund in the event of changes caused by extraordinary circumstances.”

I'm not looking to start a pro / anti-Brexit debate on this thread, but this is simply Ryanair using their flair for publicity.;)

Keep calm & carry on cruising :)

JB :)

There is an article in Which about Brexit but it refers to border crossings, free emergency health care, low cost flights and flight delay compensation. It does state that there is some uncertainty about these matters at the moment.

I'd love to know of anybody who has had free treatment in an EU country whilst on holiday They charge for an ambulance and always to my knowledge take you to a private clinic so your insurance company has to pay so there'll be no difference as far as I'm concerned as there was before we joined the Common Market or since