Any recent Silhouette SPA users?

JEDIKNIGHT

I'm curious to see the responses also. I've pretty much given up on using the spa services on X after several disappointing experiences, the last straw being on Constellation. Are they still trying to sell products during a treatment despite being asked prior to the treatment not to?

I had an aromatherapy massage last week. Felt good while it was happening, then I spent two days feeling as if one of my kidneys had been turned inside out. :eek:

At least I paid only the in-port price, which was offered to me the morning of our San Juan day (we didn't get to port until 3:30 p.m.).

I had a pleasant massage on Silly in Dec. during a port day special price, using my additional Elite 15% off the discount price. Since this made the whole thing including automatic tip about $100 and I had lots of OBC, it was worth it. There was no selling of products at all, probably because I always state that I will NOT be buying anything right up front before we start. It was as good as I usually get at home, but nothing spectacular. I'd never pay full price on a ship.

I had a deep tissue massage on the March 4th sailing of the Silhouette. It was great! I inquired about the oils that were used and only then was I given a “sales pitch”.

I declined and there was no pressure. It was definitely one the best massages I’ve had at sea.

I haven't had a massage on Silhouette recently but I enjoyed the last one I had. No pressure to purchase anything. I gave up on facials, they always left my skin looking raw. I did have one at my home spa last month for the 1st time and I felt and my skin looked great. I think the ship facials are too much "one size fits all".

I had a pleasant massage on Silly in Dec. during a port day special price, using my additional Elite 15% off the discount price. Since this made the whole thing including automatic tip about $100 and I had lots of OBC, it was worth it. There was no selling of products at all, probably because I always state that I will NOT be buying anything right up front before we start. It was as good as I usually get at home, but nothing spectacular. I'd never pay full price on a ship.

My last massage on Celebrity was on Connie in 2016. Even though prior to the treatment I informed the tech politely that I wanted a quiet massage and no sales talk because I was not going to purchase anything, she spent 90 minutes talking about dry brushing and trying to sell me a brush. I asked several times that she stop, expressing nicely that I wasn't interested, but she continued the entire duration of the massage. Then, she demanded an additional gratuity. (Not requested, but demanded). I haven't been back to a Celebrity spa since. So telling the tech up front before you start in this case at least had absolutely no effect!

My wife has had massages on both Solstice and Silhouette, and has scheduled them on our upcoming Reflection trip. She's a veteran massagee, and says that they are "OK." She has complained about the product upsell, though.

My wife has had massages on both Solstice and Silhouette, and has scheduled them on our upcoming Reflection trip. She's a veteran massagee, and says that they are "OK." She has complained about the product upsell, though.

Exactly why I reluctantly gave up on Celebrity spa services, upsells, sky high pricing and okay services not measuring up to the price points. Also, when I'm offered a discount for a service, I don't need the hassle of getting it in writing with all the T's crossed and I's dotted. The expression is "once bitten, twice shy" comes to mind, and I'm embarrassed to say I've been bitten way more than once!

The upselling in the spa/hairdresser seems to be common whichever line you sail with. My hairdresser at home, who knows someone who worked as a hairdresser onboard said that she said that they work on a points system which means that their salary is based on how much they can sell. I sailed with Thomson/Marella last Autumn and had a wash and blow dry, and the hairdresser insisted I needed products which would cost fifty quid in our money (shampoo and conditioner) and said I needed it for my coloured hair! And I don't even colour it, I am lucky enough to have natural blond hair with hardly any grey. So I explained this. I firmly declined any such products but I did give her a small extra tip, as I felt sorry for her. I have had a manicure on Eclipse, hair do and tooth whitening and each time was encouraged to buy the products but didn't.

All my treatments were good, except for perhaps the tooth whitening, which I learnt afterwards that I would need a course of, not just one off.

Edited by MrsNorman
Adding a bit, to stay relevant to question.

I've always looked at vacation spa treatments as overpriced, pampering treats. The almost desperate upselling during the treatments aboard have ruined the relaxing benefits for me, obviously others will have different reaction than I did, but for me it's no longer a stress relieving benefit.

On Eclipse 3 years ago I had a massage and my husband was booked later in the cruise with the same therapist.

She tried to sell me various products, I bought one if I remember correctly.

When my husband had his massage she told him that I had "wanted" some shampoo and conditioner but hadn't bought it so he bought them. I had said no such thing.

I thought this was very naughty. We are both sales people (the easiest to sell to, no?) but he is more of a sucker than me. He ALWAYS comes back with stuff! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello....

Curious if anyone recently used the Silhouette's spa?

How was the service?

Also, anyone do facials or massages and how was quality of that? Thanks

I haven't experienced the spa on Silhouette yet, but we are sailing on her end of May and I shall definitely be in that spa, so I'll report back if it's not too late? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums