Does celebrity have discounts for military?

Smiley7863

After reviewing the complaint of another passenger about discounts I just had to ask this question. I am going on the Solstice in November and was told, while booking with Celebrity, that there are no military discounts. I have cruised with Royal Caribbean and NCL before and they discount for the military.

So does, Celebrity discount for someone who served 6 years in the military and received an honorable discharge?

I have the military rate for the Summit repo in Oct. However, they were also offering resident discount on the same cruise, and I plugged in the state for every person I knew, and the discount rate was the same as the military. EM

I searched all the sailings for the Soltice in November, 2010. A military discount is not offered on these sailings. Depending on the sailing and cabin chosen, their are other discounted rates offered. Some offer discounted rates for residents of Canada or the United States. Some sailings offer discounted rates for CC cabins. You can always call your TA or Celebrity to see if their are any discounted fares offered for your sailing.

If you are interested in a military discount on a Caribbean cruise, also check out the Constellation which is currently offering military discounts for both the Nov. 20 and Dec. 4 cruises.

The Solstice is still showing some military discounts for sky suites on the Sept. 19 cruise too.

Let Smiley have his turn with this topic. You had a resurrection and that was probably unintended. It was sanguine the first time around, now look at it...man to man combat over facts and figures. :eek:

:confused::confused::rolleyes:

I think some people on this board read themselves into others posts away too much. :p

There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers right? :)

Wow! Thanks for those of you that answered my question. I did not intend to start any problems. Sorry I mentioned the other thread as a "complaint". Thank you to the gentleman that said to let me have my say without complaining about my posting. By the way, I am a women :-)

Smiley, as far as I know, there is not set military discount. On some sailings they will offer a discount depending on a lot of factors such as if the cruise is selling well, etc.

If I remember correctly, the requirements are something like active duty, retired, or having served in a combat zone for 6 months. Sorry I can't remember the specifics, but hope it gives you the general idea. I think it is the same as the RCCL policy.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

For the OP:

DH and I are both veterans. On a Dec 2009 cruise on Mercury we got a military discount, about 8 weeks before departure. For our Dec 2010 voyage on Mercuy, we just got a military discount, which is $30 pp less than the Over 55 rate. (That is about 3 martinis apiece.)

It depends on how well a particular voyage is booked. I think Celebrity tries to fill up the ship any way possible: this can include Over 55, state of residence, or military discount. If there is a discount it is usually offered quite close to the final payment date or even after. Not every voyage to every destination on every ship will offer a military discount. You gotta keep watching the Celebrity web site.

But hey! When the discount is offered, I gladly accept it! I don't expect it, but I appreciate it!

Wonder how many other vets on these boards are female? ;)

For the OP:

DH and I are both veterans. On a Dec 2009 cruise on Mercury we got a military discount, about 8 weeks before departure. For our Dec 2010 voyage on Mercuy, we just got a military discount, which is $30 pp less than the Over 55 rate. (That is about 3 martinis apiece.)

It depends on how well a particular voyage is booked. I think Celebrity tries to fill up the ship any way possible: this can include Over 55, state of residence, or military discount. If there is a discount it is usually offered quite close to the final payment date or even after. Not every voyage to every destination on every ship will offer a military discount. You gotta keep watching the Celebrity web site.

But hey! When the discount is offered, I gladly accept it! I don't expect it, but I appreciate it!

Wonder how many other vets on these boards are female? ;)

I'm retired Army reserve and female. EM

Wow! Thanks for those of you that answered my question. I did not intend to start any problems. Sorry I mentioned the other thread as a "complaint". Thank you to the gentleman that said to let me have my say without complaining about my posting. By the way, I am a women :-)

On our June 2010 Solstice sailing, a military rate was not available when I booked, but right around final payment it opened up for just a few categories. Keep watching, you never know.

You are welcome. I am a girl too. :)

Congrats to those who managed to get 'Military' discounts, its not offered to us Brits even though we have shared all the recent conflicts. I will just have to wait till Im 55 to receive any discounts, even though Im a serving Coastguard and ex Royal Navy... Such is life

Maybe we should start up a link for all the sailings that are offering the relevant discounts so that those able to can take up the offers....

Something along the line of 'Discounted Cruises' Only a suggestion:)

Congrats to those who managed to get 'Military' discounts, its not offered to us Brits even though we have shared all the recent conflicts. I will just have to wait till Im 55 to receive any discounts, even though Im a serving Coastguard and ex Royal Navy... Such is life

Maybe we should start up a link for all the sailings that are offering the relevant discounts so that those able to can take up the offers....

Something along the line of 'Discounted Cruises' Only a suggestion:)

Scotsnomad thanks for your service to your country

perhaps we should man the landing boats and go on some liberty call

20 Years United States Marine Corps

OooooooooooooooooRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAhhhh

Archived