Park and stay specials in NO

We're staying at the Sheraton Metairie on March 23rd for two nights before our cruise on March 25th. I need to double check, but I think our rates were $99 each night with free parking during the cruise. They offer a shuttle to and from the pier for $20/person roundtrip which is less than a taxi. If you have a group, a taxi might be more economical.

This would be my son's first time in NO so we would like to show him some.of the city . There is a Holiday Inn in the French Quarter with a fairly desent deal but nothing like 99 a night. How far is Metarrie from the.city? Would it be easy to.go in for the day or night.

Teachin, We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Gretna last October for $99 and are doing so next November $114. The hotel is located across the river and down a mile or two, from the top of the tower your close enough to see the ship. The price includes parking for the cruise and a free hot breakfast, it doesn't include shuttle to the terminal, so we paid about $20 for a cab. If your wanting to explore the French Quarter from the hotel you can take a short drive to Algiers Point (about 2 miles) take the Canal Street Ferry across the river to the Quarter. Just another option:)

Metairie is about 5 miles from the French Quarter ... according to the map. We've never driven before, so we're wondering about where to park if we go into the FQ. I think you'd be happy with Gretna or Metairie. We wanted to stay out of the congestion of downtown area, and when we get back to our car, we'll be headed the right direction out of town!

• 3 weeks later...

QI was great, just across the river from NO. You can drive 2 miles down the street, and take the Algiers Point Ferry across the river to Canal Street for some site seeing. We took the shuttle to and from the cruise port. Total price for 4 and all week parking was about $145.

Archived