Fantasy ... Deluxe Verandah vs. Family Verandah

emjayel56

Hi .. I am booking a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy and trying to decide on the cabin. I'm looking at photos of both the deluxe verandah rooms and the family verandah rooms which is 50 SQ feet larger. In the pictures they do not look significantly different and was wondering if anyone has stayed in both if they feel it is worth spending the extra money for the larger family verandah. Thank you in advance for your help.

Maryjo

Hi .. I am booking a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy and trying to decide on the cabin. I'm looking at photos of both the deluxe verandah rooms and the family verandah rooms which is 50 SQ feet larger. In the pictures they do not look significantly different and was wondering if anyone has stayed in both if they feel it is worth spending the extra money for the larger family verandah. Thank you in advance for your help.

Maryjo

It’s basically the space of a large sitting chair. I do feel it’s worth it for 4 or more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The difference in square footage is roughly the same as the size of the balcony. So, if you look at pictures of the balcony, you can get an idea of how much bigger the family rooms are.

Whether it is worth it, that depends. How many in the cabin? Do you spend a lot of time in it, or is mostly for sleeping?

Many of the family cabins are designed to sleep 5....it is truly the matter of a little extra space. I'd look at the cost on your specific cruise and the ages of your cruisers. What matters is not the sleeping time but how much awake time you'll spend in the cabin and how you feel about being a little cramped during the cruise. Then you decide what it is worth to you.....

We have found the deluxe family verandah helpful when there are more than 2-3 persons in the cabin, recognizing the family verandah technically sleeps 4. Our “persons” are adult children. It is more the extra roughly 4 feet of cabin length than the number of beds.

In our early days of cruising, we would either get a concierge suite or two deluxe family verandah for just the 4 of us, plus the kids would bring a friend. Over the years, we have stopped getting the concierge suites, and now mostly go with the family verandah, which has proven quite sufficient, especially when it is just my wife and me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think that the other difference is that the larger rooms have a different bathroom layout with a rounded tub/shower versus a standard rectangular tub/shower combo. This would be for the Dream and Fantasy. As with most room choices, it depends on how much time you plan to spend in the room and how much being a little crowded matters as to whether the cost difference is worth it.