Roll Call; Pride 12/2-9-16 B2B Barbados

JaneBP

>" can understand when someone is trying to make us jealous..since we don't go till January!..teehee..Lola"

Well, who went to Istanbul last summer as I stayed home??

Jane

My husband and I will be on the second week, 12/9-12/16. We are going to be in Barbados from 12/3 to 12/9, then get on the ship! It will be our first Seabourn experience! We are very excited!!! Can't wait to meet everyone!! :D

Nancy

Me too, me too. Will be on Dec. 2-9, yeehah.

Will miss meeting the 9-16ers, dern! Nancy, where are you staying in Barbados if you don't mind my asking? I'm coming in a few days early also, staying at a cute place I found called "Peach and Quiet"!!

West Coast Jane :o

Try searching this site for Barbados hotels. They have them either by name, or rated (by reviews) by number, high to low. Invaluable...I've used it several times when trying to find places to stay, both pre-cruise and here in the US of A, as well. If you know a few names of resorts you'd like to check out, all you have to do is input the name in the search, i.e., Hilton, Barbados (which is very highly recommended by the way, on this site!)

Jane :)

Jane -

We are staying at a place called the Coral Mist, it is right near St. Lawrence Gap. They have little kitchens and are right on the beach. Every review I have read raves about the place, plus it is VERY affordable! This way we can recover from our jet lag (we live in the San Francisco Bay Area), relax and be ready to be spoiled rotten on the ship!

I'm sorry we will be missing all of the first weeker's!!! Too bad we didn't book both weeks, oh well, next time. Once my husband has fallen in love with being pampered to death I'm going to try and talk him into a Greek Isle cruise next year or in '08! From everything I've heard I don't think it will be a hard sell! :)

Nancy

Nancy, that must have been one I missed on TripAdvisor. I thought I looked at every single accommodation on Barbados! I think getting a place with a kitchen is a great idea.

JaneBP! What fun! I'll be there Thurs-Sun as well. I'm just delighted that I'll know a few people at this charming little place.

(the other) Jane:)

JaneBP! What fun! I'll be there Thurs-Sun as well.

Jane: I hope you mean Thurs-SAT!!! We sail on Saturday....:D

By the way, I got "cold feet" about arriving on Saturday, and have changed my air to arrive Thursday, as well! ;) Still looking at places to stay....

What's another couple of office days closed?? (Sheesh!)

Paul

hoping all have Seabourn dreams this weekend....

Paul, go on TripAdvisor and look at this little place. What's especially nice about it is it's small size (only 22 rooms) they don't accept children under 12 and they have a pool that is smack dab on the ocean....and from what I read on TripAdvisor, that's about all you hear there....the ocean's waves! I'm planning to dive (of course), so that's why I'm in a few days early.

Oh and yes, you're right Paul, about the date. I meant to say that I booked the room to include Saturday night....so I can use it as a "day room", as I plan to dive during the day, lounge around the pool, freshen up and board later.

Hope to see you there, Paul, that would be too much fun.

Jane :)

Once my husband has fallen in love with being pampered to death I'm going to try and talk him into a Greek Isle cruise next year or in '08! From everything I've heard I don't think it will be a hard sell!
Nancy,

Myself and most other first-time Seabourn Sailors become addicted to the Seabourn experience within a few days. I predict you and your hubby will book that Greek Isles cruise while onboard the Pride and thereby take advantage of the onboard booking discount of 5% for that cruise. :)

Not sure if the Greek Isles cruise is right for you? Not a problem. You can do an "Open" booking. The deposit is $1,000 per person and you have two years to apply it to a specific sailing and receive the 5% onboard booking discount. If you do not apply it to a booking, Seabourn refunds your deposit after the two years. I have NEVER heard of a passenger not finding a suitable Seabourn cruise within that two year timeframe! :D

Prepare yourself to be pampered to distraction and once the staff learns of your preferences, your needs will be met without asking! Welcome Aboard and Bon Voyage! :)

DH and I will be be flying from CLT to Barbados on Dec. 9 (He will meet me in CLT on Friday night as he is flying in from Sweden:eek: )

We are staying at the Hilton Barbados on Dec. 16 and flying to CLT on the 17th.

DH is Platinum with Hilton ... we had enough points for a free stay at the Barbados Hilton in December ... "See Dear I am SAVING money!";) :p ;)

It is a new hotel so we are looking forward to staying there.

It has been years since we have been to Barbados so we are looking forward to spending a day on island.

Paul, go on TripAdvisor and look at this little place. What's especially nice about it is it's small size (only 22 rooms) they don't accept children under 12 and they have a pool that is smack dab on the ocean....and from what I read on TripAdvisor, that's about all you hear there....the ocean's waves! I'm planning to dive (of course), so that's why I'm in a few days early.

Oh and yes, you're right Paul, about the date. I meant to say that I booked the room to include Saturday night....so I can use it as a "day room", as I plan to dive during the day, lounge around the pool, freshen up and board later.

I should have known you'd be booking around your dives! :p

I've got a call into another small property, but they haven't gotten back to me (even on my cell phone!). If I don't hear from them, I might check on the Peach & Quiet on Monday...the pool looks mighty fine to me, and the price is certainly right!

Thanks for the idea...will have to think about the "Saturday" day room situation as well....

Have a great weekend!

Paul

Jane -

The Coral Mist is #7 on Trip Advisor and its sister hotel (right next door), the Blue Orchids is #8. My husband is a night owl and I'm not so much, so it really helps when we can find a place that has a separate bedroom. That way he can stay up and watch tv or whatever and I can sleep!

We are both big beach people and snorkelers and this place is right on a beautiful white sand beach and such beautiful views of that aqua marine water! I can't wait! I think we are paying around $120 a night, not too bad for a place with a little kitchen. My husband also is not a breakfast eater, but I am so having a small kitchen also works well for us. I get to have my coffee and stuff!

I'm so excited about this cruise I'm just sorry it won't be for longer and that we won't get to meet everyone!

Nancy

Nancy, great idea. I went on TripAdvisor and saw Coral Mist has great reviews. Very pretty, nice beach. I completely understand about the separate room and the kitchen, I think that's a great choice.

Paul, good luck, I hope you find exactly what you want. I was bowled over that my entire stay at Peach & Quiet was about the same as one night at the Barbados Hilton!

WOW!

Jane :rolleyes:

I'm coming in a few days early also, staying at a cute place I found called "Peach and Quiet"!!

West Coast Jane :o

We'll be staying there too, arriving there on Thursday!:D

Anyone else want to join us? Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sue and Ralph

ps. Really looking forward to meeting you West coast Jane - enjoyed reading all your posts from your last Caribbean cruise.

We already know East-coast Jane!:)

Archived