The Odysses' First T/A!

B-2-Bs Best!

We are on too! We start in Instanbul and then 24 glorious days on Seabourn. We are also planning a week tour in Instanbul before embarking. Should be fun. We booked this while on the Alexandria to Dubai cruise. Martita, I think K. and A.M. might be on it too. We will be seeing them in Beverly Hills for lunch prior to leaving on their World Cruise. We were with them on the Fjiords Pride. They are delightful as is any Seabourn cruiser! Looking forward to this October 09 adventure. Thanks for starting a far and future roll call.

Yes, dd@sea is correct. We are booked on the Trans Atlantic sailing as well and will board ths ship in Malaga, Spain. And thank you so very much for the very kind comments. You two are very special and we look forward to seeing you in January for lunch and are so happy that you are also on this sailing.

Keith

We're booked! Wow, Martha, I'm actually going to sail and experience a transatlantic cruise with you! I've read so much about these and how fun they are.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

F & D,

I will be aboard as well! With you guys and the Legendary crossing Trivia players I know have booked, we have the makings of a great Trivia team. I always look forward to meeting any CCers onboard and with 8 sea days, a proper and fitting way to explore and to get to know the newest member of the Seabourn family. :D

Sailor's,

Am so happy to be sailing finally with K & AM ~~been CC "Texas" buddies forever, but never seemed to be aboard a Seabourn Sister at the same time! Yipppeee:p

I wonder if Cruise Critic might have a party for us while aboard the Odyssey's Maiden TA ? Would Host Dan arrange this?

Winnie, I too am hoping there will be a pierside celebration in Ft Lauderdale upon arrival!:D

Martita B.

Keith,

I've heard from the "grapevine" there will be many CCer's on the Odyssey Oct. 31st TA Crossing ~~

Wouldn't it be fun if each of us took a Halloween costume ~~casual, of course, to wear on the 1st evening aboard the "Big Sister?" Any costume would work! We could then be identified as a CCer ~~

Simply set a time and meet in Observation Bar, Deck 10. Mix and mingle ~~

Martita B.

Keith,

Another idea has "come to mind" ~~we could wait and don our Halloween costumes for our Port Everglades big arrival ~~~:confused:

Can you imagine the looks on the "Miami VIP" faces when we are hanging over the railings, waving at them??;) (only kiddin', of course:D )

I believe we'll have a wonderful mixture of Guests from all three Seabourn Sister's aboard the Odyssey Oct. 2009 TA ~~

Happy Holidays!

MB

We are also booked on the first crossing as well as the cruise before it from Istanbul. This cruise should be fabulous - especially with so many CC friends onboard. :) Its a long way off but it should be fun to see how many from CC will actually be doing the crossing.

CeeJay (Carol) and Wally

F and D,

Thank you for starting this thread! Excitement already is soaring with the anticipation of the crossing and meeting so many CCers! Martha, your wheels are already spinning with ideas! With you at the helm, we can't help but have fun, fun, fun. As Keith said, we have 23 months to plan and it will be delightful to meet all of you.

Wow, thirteen posts in 16 hours....this could be a Seabourn record breaking thread!

Hi to Martha, Paul, and all others!

Martha, we're already planning for this trip. We'll probably fly to Lisbon about a week before the cruise, and drive through southern Portugal, the Algarve, to Seville, and then Malaga. We'll definately overnight in Malaga. So, if you're planning a pre-cruise dinner get-together on the 30th, count us in!

Paul, if you're agreeable, we'll co-captain again our trivia team.

We plan to be on board as well -- we booked a penthouse the 1st day that we were elligible to make a make a reservation on the Odyessy. I love transatlantic crossings and this will be my 25th (give or take one or two -- I've lost exact count). I've crossed on the ss France (13 times), the original Queen Elizabeth, the QE2 (5 times), the Gripsholm, the Kungsholm, the Royal Viking Sea, the Seven Seas Voyager (3 times) and even on a French freighter. My partner and I have also crossed the Pacific twice (on the Seabourn Pride and on the Seven Seas Mariner). We were booked on a Seabourn Pride TA several years ago, but we had to cancel due to the ill health of my late parents. The November westbound transatlantic crossings are our current favorites.

Unfortunately, this November we forfeited our transatlantic crossing and took a 9 day cruise to the Canary Islands on the much touted (by the Berlitz guide) Europa of Hapag Lloyd. We wish we had taken a Seabourn or Regent transtlantic instead.

Now I'm starting to understand why the cruise will likely sell out. Already many folks from Cruise Critic on the cruise and I am sure there will be many more as the cruise is about two years from now.

Keith

We're booked, too. Just hope we're still around then! When you are in your "upper" years, one never knows. It will be lovely to meet all you Seabourners from CC.

Jean

We'll be crossing as well, but starting in Istanbul! Will need to have a celebration dinner there, perhaps. But, still have 3 crossings before then, March, 08, Oct. 08, and March 09. Seems, for us, that the ports simply get in the way! Bonnie & George

Archived