buffet for every meal? have you?

kokopops

im just wondering, has anyone ever gone on a cruise and "not" eat in the dining room perfering to eat at the buffet every time? whats the least amount of times you have eatin in the dining room on a cruise?

I have always eaten in the dining room for dinner. I love being taken care of. I am disappointed because I am going on an Excursion in Juneau that will cause me to miss a meal in the dining room. I am so disappointed!

DH and I have eaten only at the buffet (and grill, pizzaria, etc) our last few Carnival cruises. We didn't visit the dining room at all. The older we get, the more casual we get.........

I would like to see Carnival vary the breakfast items some. Maybe offer a breakfast burrito bar or something like that occasionally. I will embark on Carnival Pride later this month, making this my 5th Carnival cruise in 10 months. The breakfast buffet does not vary from ship to ship and gets a little boring IMHO.

I especially look forward to the homemade soups at the buffet each night. I can go back to that soup pot as often as I want. :rolleyes: Love the cream of brocolli soup the best.

On our last cruise (our first) we had early seating with nice but very boring people! We ate most of our meals in the buffet because we just could not get it together to eat that early. We enjoyed the buffet and being able to eat when we wanted. This cruise, we have late seating, so hopefully, we will eat more often in the dining room.

Basically we only eat buffet on embarkation for lunch. Otherwise, the most we do is grab oranges and bananas to take back to the room to snack on later.

Last cruise we ate at the buffet for every meal except the last night. For us it is just easier, don't have to dress up, can eat when ever we want. Yes it gets a little old after a while but we always manage. Most cruises we have been on we only eat in dining room once or twice a cruise.

im just wondering, has anyone ever gone on a cruise and "not" eat in the dining room perfering to eat at the buffet every time? whats the least amount of times you have eatin in the dining room on a cruise?

On CCL, the dining room experience is awesome. The buffet has different food than the main dining rooms and is more relaxed. On CCL, our table always stays full. The staff is wonderful on CCL and does not hurry you at all. WE love CCL.

On RCCL, our table and the rest of the dining room was empty most of the time because the meals in the dining room were almost the same as the buffet and the dining staff appeared to be rushing you. The only difference in the buffet and the dining on RCCL was the quality of the steak or the pasta dish was just a little diffence, but basically the same food.

We (kind of) did on our last cruise.

We take grandma with on our cruises and it's been getting a bit much for her to be up all day and then get dressed for dinner in the MDR, sit through it, and then go out to the shows, etc.

On our last cruise, we ate in the MDR while she napped, and then we went up with her to the Lido deck for dinner (the menus are posted on my blog...link is in my sig). It was actually very busy so I guess a lot of people skip the MDR and just eat up on the Lido deck. They have a lot of the food from the MDR and all of the desserts up on the Lido deck (including Warm Chocolate Melting Cake every night!), and they'll grill you up a chicken breast or salmon fillet upon request.

We had breakfast on the Lido every day (we usually have a few in the MDR) and all lunches except for two, and all of our dinners (minus the day we went to the Supper Club). Grandma had every meal (except two lunches) on the Lido deck.

This worked well for us and I can see why it appeals to a lot of people. It was casual and low-key, food was good, and it allowed for grandma to get some rest so she could enjoy the nightlife on the ship with us.

Out of all our cruises, I've passed up eating in the main dining room many times.

1st cruise - Main dining room every night.

2nd cruise - Main dining room every night.

3rd cruise - 3 times - Buffet, specialty restaurant, in port.

4th cruise - 1 time. In port.

5th cruise - 2 times. One night hubby brought me a plate of food from the buffet, but the items were the same as those being served in the main dining room :cool:, the other night we ate in the specialty restaurant.

6th cruise -4 times. Two nights specialty restaurants, two in the buffet.

Carnival main dining room meals are very good, so we don't like to miss eating in there. The m. d. room food is one of the big reasons we like to sail on Carnival. We have favorites we look forward to...all right, actually crave :D:cool:.

Breakfast and dinner in the dining room.

Lunch at the buffet. ===> somewhere on Lido

I want to be waited on when I'm on vaca. LOL

Wife and I do just this.

Sit down and be served for both bkfast and dinner!

DR-779.jpg

thus avoiding the mad melee and long lines standing on your feet. Fun!

Lunch on Lido

is a matter of walking the whole food deck around

to see where the longest and shortest lines are

before making the right move to commit to this or that queue.

Pizza-1.jpg

is a real possibility ..if only becoz the lines are short, I've found.

Our last cruise we never ate in the dining room. We don't like to be tied down for 2 hours. As others have said, it is also more convient to go to dinner when you feel like it. We are trying the anytime dining on our upcoming cruise , this weekend. We have enjoyed the MDR at times and hope we enjoy being able to go to dinner when we want.:rolleyes:

We have only been on 2 cruises so far and have eaten every night in the dining room. This next cruise we will probably do the dining room and the buffet just to change it around a bit.

The last few cruises we've eaten at the buffet for dinner quite a bit simply because we were hungry before our dining time, or just didn't want to get dressed up.

This weekend we've requested anytime dining, so I think we'll eat in the dining room more with the option to eat within a 4-5 hour window.

Last cruise we ate at the buffet for every meal except the last night. For us it is just easier, don't have to dress up, can eat when ever we want. Yes it gets a little old after a while but we always manage. Most cruises we have been on we only eat in dining room once or twice a cruise.

We have done the very same thing. I don't like to be told WHEN to eat, therefore, we have, for the last 5 cruises, ate at the buffet. And yes, it does get a tad old, but we change it up at times, pizza sometimes, calzones at times. We make it work, and have fun doing it.

We ate at the buffet every meal except for room service twice on NCL. The buffet had a lot of "staples" but the protein was different and they had serveral stations where they cooked to order, i.e. pasta, omlets, ect so we NEVER got bored with the food.

We are totally opposite.

We eat in the dining room every chance we get!

Never had dinner on the buffet - although we have gone to the lido to check it out (looks good).

Archived