"Peek-a-boo" on Freedom balconies?

I just saw a picture that someone posted from 1700 looking into 1702's balcony. From what I saw they can practically look into your cabin. Is this something that could be a problem. I certainly don't want to be sitting on my balcony enjoying the day to look up to someone staring at me from next door. Don't get me wrong-I love people and intermingling w/ fellow cruisers-just not that much!

Same here when myself and DW are on a cruise, we may be in various stages of undress at any time either on the balcony or in the room. I know my expections of complete privacy should not be expected.

I would be very upset if I discovered some person peeking around the balcony looking into my cabin. It's just creepy and I would most certainly call security and make a very big deal over this! Of course this would be after I knocked on the creep's door and asked for an explanation.

Inquiring MIMES want to know

What were Steel Cave Balconies?

On the early Voyager ships (Voyager, Ex and one other) the balconies are cut into the steel hull. We like the effect as it gives total privacy. You are prevented from peering aroiund the corner.

To the original op. Someone peeping around my balcony would violate my rule of balcony ettiquette. I stay at leat 24 inches away from the shared wall/glass with my neighbours and I would never look around the corner. If someone likes to peep they should be ashamed of themselves.

On the early Voyager ships (Voyager, Ex and one other) the balconies are cut into the steel hull. We like the effect as it gives total privacy. You are prevented from peering aroiund the corner.

To the original op. Someone peeping around my balcony would violate my rule of balcony ettiquette. I stay at leat 24 inches away from the shared wall/glass with my neighbours and I would never look around the corner. If someone likes to peep they should be ashamed of themselves.

The other ship is Adventure.

This is my own gut feeling, but I think the early balconies also experience less sound and second hand smoke from other balconies.

I just saw a picture that someone posted from 1700 looking into 1702's balcony. From what I saw they can practically look into your cabin. Is this something that could be a problem. I certainly don't want to be sitting on my balcony enjoying the day to look up to someone staring at me from next door. Don't get me wrong-I love people and intermingling w/ fellow cruisers-just not that much!

Yeah, that is just creepy. :eek: :(

Oh, c'mon....folks WILL look...if just to see if their neighbors have better balcony furniture! Human nature. If you're standing at the railing, you'll be right there with your neighbors....

Most folks DO respect other's privacy....at least, if they're aware that you're on the balcony....but truly, you just have to know that you balcony is NOT completely private. You won't "share" the space, but it's outdoors, and it can be "peeked" upon!!!!

Oh, c'mon....folks WILL look...if just to see if their neighbors have better balcony furniture! Human nature. If you're standing at the railing, you'll be right there with your neighbors....

Most folks DO respect other's privacy....at least, if they're aware that you're on the balcony....but truly, you just have to know that you balcony is NOT completely private. You won't "share" the space, but it's outdoors, and it can be "peeked" upon!!!!

I tend to agree with most of your posts but this is one where I will disagree. Yes people will take a glance at the balcony but to look around the corner and potentially (if the curtains are open) look into someones room is just not acceptable. People have a certain expectation of privacy, not so much on the balcony but definitely in their room.

I hope we can still be friends.

On our last cruise on Carnival Pride we had an Aft Wrap on the Starboard side. I was sitting on our balcony eating lunch when I heard a thud and some "choice" words. I looked at the balcony forward of us and saw a head and an arm. Our "neighbor" had been taking pictures of our balcony (and i'm assuming me in my bathing suit .... eating a lovely turkey sandwich) ... but we'll never know as he dropped his camera overboard. We never saw or heard him again after my husband offered to send him after his camera for inviding my privacy. Security was NOT amused when we spoke with them.

It takes all kinds ... and unfortunatly, they get on cruise ships too ...

Not only can you easily peek around on Freedom's 1400/1402 and 1700/1702, but you can quite literally crawl right through the railing and introduce yourself up close and personal :eek:

On Freedom Class ships, the balcony separators are almost transparent. You can see through well enough to know if neighbors are out there. You don't really need to look around the separator. Furthermore, some balconies are easily observable from the cantilvered hot tub and from the officers' bridge. There really isn't a lot of privacy on balconies. You can easily hear conversations, even sounds coming from nearby cabins with open doors. I've heard some pretyy weird stuff when I was out on the balcony.

I don't think you can ever take it for granted that you will have complete privacy on your balcony, even though it seems as if you should be able to have privacy there ideally.

It was kind of like "all in the family" staying AFT on FOS. I walked out in the balcony in my jammies, some were in undies. There was even a little boy down in the RS on deck 5, I believe that took his bathing suit off.

The privacy is in question at times. Just shut you curtains if you are inside

It was kind of like "all in the family" staying AFT on FOS. I walked out in the balcony in my jammies, some were in undies. There was even a little boy down in the RS on deck 5, I believe that took his bathing suit off.

How many have steamed into port with the curtains open?

there was an older gentleman who pulled his lounger right up the the railing in the RS on LOS in January while only wearing a towel draped across the midsection... thought he was dead at one point... had to stare down from our centre aft balcony to make sure he was still breathing!! Forever etched in my mind since he resembled a larger man that could have just finished working the holiday season and shaved his beard... :eek:

Lets see the picture !!

Cruised with a bunch of friends on navigator a few years back... we were all in the aft.

I think we had 9390. The room right next door to us ( with our close friends) has this tiny little gate knee high that separated our cabins at the end of the wall. We wouldn't just peek but hop to each other's balconys and prank each other the whole cruise. We had friends in the cabins above us who could hop down and land square on our balcony or throw things down.

it was quite funny.

I was sitting on our balcony eating lunch when I heard a thud and some "choice" words. Our "neighbor" had been taking pictures of our balcony ... he dropped his camera overboard. .

Sounds like Karma to me! :p

In port, we are either fully clothed and at least fairly presentable or we close the curtains. But at sea, I should not have to close the curtains for privacy in my own cabin. One of the reasons we book a balcony cabin is to have the wonderful light from outside and not feel like we're in a cave.

If someone peeks around, they are invading my space. I don't care if some have the attitude that "people will look." When we're standing at or near the railing, where everyone can clearly see the outer portion of other balconies, then by all means say hello and we'll chat. Otherwise, keep your eyes on your own side of the divider. And if someone did sneak a camera around to photograph me/us, I'd be calling Security in an instant. That's not just rude, it's voyeurism.

beachchick

We wouldn't just peek but hop to each other's balconys and prank each other the whole cruise. We had friends in the cabins above us who could hop down and land square on our balcony or throw things down.

Inquiring MIMES want to know

1. what does Prank mean

2. You mean you rapelled to each others cabins. :eek:

Archived