P&O Suites

BarneyCat

My husband and I have cruised on a few lines - Celebrity, Royal Carribbean, Cunard for example - and usually book a suite. P&O have some attractive pricing for this year for suites, but we've only been on board in balcony rooms before.

What benefits do P&O cruises give to suite passengers, if any, above the bigger room?

For example, do you get a free speciality restaurant meal like on Celebrity? A specific bar for drinks before dinner like Cunard? Reserved seating at the pool, like Royal Caribbean(most cringe inducing part of that holiday!)

If it's nothing then fair enough, I'm just trying to find out what we'd be paying for.

Thanks in advance!

This is what you get.

A Butler,

Champagne and chocs on arrival

Fruit basket

Dressing gown and slippers,

Early embarkation and disembarkation

Priority tender embarkation

Breakfast in a speciality restaurant on all ships

Full English breakfast in the cabin

Any meal off the menu in your cabin.

I am sure there are more. :). But none of those listed above on other lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is what you get.

A Butler,

Champagne and chocs on arrival

Fruit basket

Dressing gown and slippers,

Early embarkation and disembarkation

Priority tender embarkation

Breakfast in a speciality restaurant on all ships

Full English breakfast in the cabin

Any meal off the menu in your cabin.

I am sure there are more. :). But none of those listed above on other lines.

Sorry but if you book a suite with Cunard you get all of the above with the exception of breakfast in a speciality restaurant instead you get a dedicated restaurant where you get far superior food served for every meal than what you get on P&O. Certainly wouldnt pay the price of a suite on P&O and be happy with the standard of the food served for the price paid Cunard suite benefits are far superior.

Sorry but if you book a suite with Cunard you get all of the above with the exception of breakfast in a speciality restaurant instead you get a dedicated restaurant where you get far superior food served for every meal than what you get on P&O. Certainly wouldnt pay the price of a suite on P&O and be happy with the standard of the food served for the price paid Cunard suite benefits are far superior.

Pardon. The OP has been on Cunard. They were asking about P&O. Not which was best.

Therefore why post as you did?

The OP listed things that are available in suites on other lines non of that list is available on P&O.

My husband and I have cruised on a few lines - Celebrity, Royal Carribbean, Cunard for example - and usually book a suite. P&O have some attractive pricing for this year for suites, but we've only been on board in balcony rooms before.

What benefits do P&O cruises give to suite passengers, if any, above the bigger room?

For example, do you get a free speciality restaurant meal like on Celebrity? A specific bar for drinks before dinner like Cunard? Reserved seating at the pool, like Royal Caribbean(most cringe inducing part of that holiday!)

If it's nothing then fair enough, I'm just trying to find out what we'd be paying for.

Thanks in advance!

Think if you have previously cruised in a suite with Cunard you will be very disappointed with the benefits you would get on a P&O and the food served.

Think if you have previously cruised in a suite with Cunard you will be very disappointed with the benefits you would get on a P&O and the food served.

Dare I say if you've cruised in a suite on Celebrity or Cunard (my only experience except for P&O thus far) or I suspect most other lines, you will be very disappointed with P&O. We left P&O a few years ago as we felt we got less and less for paying the extra to be in a suite and I'm afraid we would never return having discovered the grass is definitely greener on the other side. In some cases literally....

To be fair to P&O though, they are cheaper than the alternatives so I suppose you get what you pay for.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Yes, I imagine Cunard takes some beating - once you go Queens Grill it's difficult to do anything less - but as suggested I just wanted to understand what was available. I expected it to be less given pricing - c.£2k on P&O vs c.£5k on Cunard.

I really appreciate the help and information I've been given. Time to discuss with the husband!

P&O have been looking at suite benefits, so they may change. I'm hopeful of a miracle and some sort of enhancement before our cruise in September but I'm not going to hold my breath [emoji38]

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Yes, I imagine Cunard takes some beating - once you go Queens Grill it's difficult to do anything less - but as suggested I just wanted to understand what was available. I expected it to be less given pricing - c.£2k on P&O vs c.£5k on Cunard.

I really appreciate the help and information I've been given. Time to discuss with the husband!

You have hit the nail on the head I think....never been QG but have done PG twice, and it is still considerably more expensive than a mini suite or suite (depending on the ship) on P &O. The PG cabins on QE and QV are exactly the same as the superior deluxe cabins on Azura and Ventura, so the main benefits are the dining and a separate outside area up on the top deck. You could probably eat every night in the select dining venues on P &O and still save money!

We have booked a Queens Grill suite Q6 on QE next October for 12 nts for £2700pp including over $500 OBC which I think is excellent value for money.

Which sailing is this? I can only find 7 nighters under £3k.

We had a Suite on Arcadia recently and were very happy with what we got for the money. It was a lot less than Cunard or Celebrity for the equivalent. We looked at a cruise on Queen Elizabeth at the same time and we would have had to pay the same price as our Suite on Arcadia to get the cheapest Balcony cabin on Queen Elizabeth. Yes, Cunard is superior to P&O but you have to pay for the experience. In my opinion is that the service and food had vastly improved since we first went with P&O in 2008.

Being able to have breakfast in a dedicated restaurant and being able to order meals off the restaurant menu for on-site dining was a lovely perk.

Eddie

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Interesting - though for me the ability to produce half-decent coffee with the pod machine included is also a small bonus!

There's also, as I recall, a reasonably decent buffet lunch to be had on P&O on embarkation day for suite passengers (and no, I don't mean the scrum that is the main buffet!) - presumably that's still going?

I've forgotten, how early can you board on day 1? And is that standard for all suite passengers, or does it vary according to P&O status?

They have a special restaurant open on embarkation but it's only a finger buffet these days - I think some sandwiches, and some hot bites. You also get a glass of wine or two. I think you can board at 12.30. I'm with you on the coffee although I usually end up having a fight with the machines in all hotels. Starbucks do some instant sachets called 'via' I always take several boxes on a cruise and use them in the buffet etc. Only coffee lovers understand [emoji6]

Interesting - though for me the ability to produce half-decent coffee with the pod machine included is also a small bonus!

There's also, as I recall, a reasonably decent buffet lunch to be had on P&O on embarkation day for suite passengers (and no, I don't mean the scrum that is the main buffet!) - presumably that's still going?

I've forgotten, how early can you board on day 1? And is that standard for all suite passengers, or does it vary according to P&O status?

You now checkin when they are ready can be as early as 12.10 you then go to the suite embarkation lounge and wait for boarding the last couple of times this has been at about 12.45. The buffet for suite passengers along with higher tiers now starts at 13.30.

Have to say I'm not impressed with the early embarkation buffet lunch at all these days, there are king prawns available, but sadly tasteless. This lunch is mostly made up of toasted sandwiches with a smidgen of filling plus a few other bits and bobs, certainly nothing to get excited about and, the choice is pretty limited. Yes, you can have a couple of glasses of wine but it's the cheap stuff as is the Italian sparkly. Personally the OH & I are happy to enjoy early embarkation, check out the suite and then pop along to the buffet which has not a passenger in sight, grab a tray, select a few freshly prepared items of our choice and then slip along to the suite and enjoy the meal along with the complimentary champagne which is waiting in the bucket. We love P&O and travel a lot with them but the embarkation lunch is not their best offering I'm afraid. Could do better.

Bal

we will be in the caribean for my birthday on brittainna in a arft suite i would like drinks served on the balcony how would i go about it on the cruise there will be 7 outher of my family members who will join us and what drinks could you have thanks barry

we will be in the caribean for my birthday on brittainna in a arft suite i would like drinks served on the balcony how would i go about it on the cruise there will be 7 outher of my family members who will join us and what drinks could you have thanks barry

Your butler will arrange it all along with canopies of your choice, explain what you want a few days before hand and hey presto .. enjoy

Give your Butler notice of what you want and he will sort it. You may wish to take some drink on with you there is a D/F shop in the cruise terminal at Barbados. Otherwise you can buy them on board, not DF but not a bad price. Your Butler will also arrange whatever food you would like. He will get the glasses etc. And he will tidy up when you have finished.

We have at least one party every cruise.

:) :) :) :)