Exchange liquor for wine?

mikeb384

We're booked in an Oceania suite on the Riviera in December, and this suite includes six complimentary bottles of liquor. Neither my wife nor myself drink liquor and wonder if our butler might exchange those bottles for a few bottles of wine? We would like to have one bottle each of chardonnay and merlot available in the dining rooms, plus a couple in the suite. Mike

There was a list of the choices that pax in suites could choose posted here someplace

Maybe a search would would find it

or you could ask your TA if they had a copy to show you

I have not booked a suite but my understanding is you can choose any 6 bottles on the list .....wine/spirits/champagne

someone will correct me if I am wrong

ORV and Lyn are correct. No need to worry about swapping. Your TA can get you list prior to cruise for pre-ordering. Better yet, wait until you board. The most up to date list of wines and liquors will be in your suite. Place order directly with your butler. Order any combination of wine and liquor that you want.

If you’re “thirsty” when you board, ask butler to expedite your first choice for immediate consumption. :evilsmile:

We don't like wine and don't drink much liquor. However, we do like beer. Is it possible to exchange a bottle of liquor for a few bottles of beer? Has anyone done this? What is "exchange rate"; how many bottles of beer per bottle of liquor...just comparing prices I would expect at least 10 bottles of beer per one bottle of liquor, but I have no idea if they do it like that or this is even possible?

We don't like wine and don't drink much liquor. However, we do like beer. Is it possible to exchange a bottle of liquor for a few bottles of beer? Has anyone done this? What is "exchange rate"; how many bottles of beer per bottle of liquor...just comparing prices I would expect at least 10 bottles of beer per one bottle of liquor, but I have no idea if they do it like that or this is even possible?

You could probably ask your Butler & they can find out for you if it is feasible

Send an email to specialservices or call your TA and find out if that can be done. I would think it should be NO Problem. Not sure about the "exchange" rate!;)

They usually stock beer in your frig in a upper suite. Any that I drank would be replaced. I don't know if you can get large amounts of them stocked though.

As far as substitutions, my butler was pretty rigid on that. I wanted to trade something for a bottle of single malt, even a bottom of the line one like Glenfiddich or Glenlevit. It was a definite no, without checking. This is a major flaw in their offerings in the in suite set up. At least IMO. There are all types of high end vodka, but no single malt.

They usually stock beer in your frig in a upper suite. Any that I drank would be replaced. I don't know if you can get large amounts of them stocked though.

As far as substitutions, my butler was pretty rigid on that. I wanted to trade something for a bottle of single malt, even a bottom of the line one like Glenfiddich or Glenlevit. It was a definite no, without checking. This is a major flaw in their offerings in the in suite set up. At least IMO. There are all types of high end vodka, but no single malt.

AGREE +++ with single Malt !!

We're booked in an Oceania suite on the Riviera in December, and this suite includes six complimentary bottles of liquor. Neither my wife nor myself drink liquor and wonder if our butler might exchange those bottles for a few bottles of wine? We would like to have one bottle each of chardonnay and merlot available in the dining rooms, plus a couple in the suite. Mike

I am not sure that you can take cabin liqueur/wine from suite set up to dining room.We have our first suite booked next year and will be requesting Pisco,hopefully with all the ingredients for Pisco sour.!

I am not sure that you can take cabin liqueur/wine from suite set up to dining room.We have our first suite booked next year and will be requesting Pisco,hopefully with all the ingredients for Pisco sour.!

Cabin Liquor which has been supplied by Oceania is a different kettle of fish than self imported bottles.

The former may certainly be carried into the dining room, although IMHO calling for a second round from the cabin would be pushing the envelope.

To be sure that Pisco is available outside of your Suite, I'd suggest asking for it through special services (a separate request from your in Suite bar order) but I'm almost certain that you'll have to make do with Sour mix, as the lime juice/egg white combination is foreign to their mixology sensibilities, and in any case it is cumbersome to keep on hand.