Taxi questions and prices

stirfrie2005

Hi fellow cruisers! My husband and I are cruising to Bermuda in September. We essentially have 2 half days in port. We know the weather can be unpredictable, so we’ve decided to not book any tours, just do our own thing. We want to hit Tobacco Bay, Horseshoe Bay and maybe the Crystal Caves.

So here are my questions. Are taxis readily available at these tourist spots? Or should we hire a taxi driver for the day and tour the island that way? How much would that run us?

If you have any other suggestions, please send them my way. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi fellow cruisers! My husband and I are cruising to Bermuda in September. We essentially have 2 half days in port. We know the weather can be unpredictable, so we’ve decided to not book any tours, just do our own thing. We want to hit Tobacco Bay, Horseshoe Bay and maybe the Crystal Caves.

So here are my questions. Are taxis readily available at these tourist spots? Or should we hire a taxi driver for the day and tour the island that way? How much would that run us?

If you have any other suggestions, please send them my way. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need to hire one and put them on the clock- download an app called Hitch. It’s basically Uber for Bermuda and will call taxis to where ever you are on the island- even if it’s off the beaten path. Like Uber you also pay with cc in the app so no need to haul around a lot of cash.

If you have any other suggestions, please send them my way. Thanks!!/quote]

The cost for a tour by taxi is $50/hour for 1 to 4 paxs, minimum of 3 hours. Take this tour if you want to see the island not if you are only looking for transportation.

If you want to go to HSB from the Dockyard, take a mini-bus. The fare is $7pp. If you want to go to Tobacco Bay, take the ferry to St George's and then it is about a 15-20 minute walk to TB or a very quick & short taxi ride. If you want to go to the caves, ferry to either Hamilton or SG and then a taxi to the caves from the taxi stands that are near the ferry docks.

What do you like to do?

SBtS

If you have any other suggestions, please send them my way. Thanks!!/quote]

The cost for a tour by taxi is $50/hour for 1 to 4 paxs, minimum of 3 hours. Take this tour if you want to see the island not if you are only looking for transportation.

If you want to go to HSB from the Dockyard, take a mini-bus. The fare is $7pp. If you want to go to Tobacco Bay, take the ferry to St George's and then it is about a 15-20 minute walk to TB or a very quick & short taxi ride. If you want to go to the caves, ferry to either Hamilton or SG and then a taxi to the caves from the taxi stands that are near the ferry docks.

What do you like to do?

SBtS

Or you can take a shared van from the information center in St. George to Tobacco Bay... for the Caves you can take a bus #3 or #11 and be dropped off right at the caves - then you can go to the Swizzle Inn for beverages and a snack before catching the bus back to St George. Both these options are less than a cab fare.