Why do they have to make so hard to have a couple of beers on your balcony?

DW and always enjoy our balcony, especially on sea days and during sail-aways.

Would much rather have the package, but having to run to the nearest bar is such a drag. You can’t Pre-order beer and even though we could get 6 diamond beers at a time, they had to be opened.

Makes no sense to order from room service to get something we already paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My buddy , who had the drink package, would start every morning going from bar to bar with his backpack and getting an unopened beer and taking them back to his balcony cabin. He usually got 6 to 10 beers....as he also took his wife's card with him.

As mentioned above.....they kept ice/opener in the cabin.

This was Navigator 20 days ago.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

My buddy , who had the drink package, would start every morning going from bar to bar with his backpack and getting an unopened beer and taking them back to his balcony cabin. He usually got 6 to 10 beers....as he also took his wife's card with him.

As mentioned above.....they kept ice/opener in the cabin.

This was Navigator 20 days ago.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I haver planned to do in about 2.5 weeks! As long as you are willing to put the time in, beer can be enjoyed on the balcony! So what is this about an ice bucket and bottle opener the room attendant can leave?

My brother in law had similar issues to requiring the bottles to be opened. He made friends with a specific bartender and tipped him a lot. The bartender explained they were not allowed to give unopened beers. So he would put the unopened beer and a glass on the bar and walk away. My brother in law would just take the beer and put it back in his room. I guess it was the only way the bartender could do it for him and not get in trouble. But still against the rules.

The adult answer to your question as to why they have to make it so hard?

Because for every person such as yourself, history has dictated that there were 10 others who abused the privilege. Therefore, they (the cruiseline) had to institute a policy to curb the abuse.

There are 2 types of people.

1. If it's not specifically allowed, it must be prohibited. (Those who follow the rules no matter what)

2. If it's not specifically prohibited, it must be allowed. (Those who play in the grey area and push the boundries)

DW and always enjoy our balcony, especially on sea days and during sail-aways.

Would much rather have the package, but having to run to the nearest bar is such a drag. You can’t Pre-order beer and even though we could get 6 diamond beers at a time, they had to be opened.

Makes no sense to order from room service to get something we already paid for.

If you are ok with Miller Lite or Coors Light you can screw the cap back on and drink them later in your room.

If you are ok with Miller Lite or Coors Light you can screw the cap back on and drink them later in your room.

Do they give you the cap in that case? I'm notoriously clumsy after 3 or 4, so I like to keep the lid on to prevent having to clean up a mess.

My brother in law had similar issues to requiring the bottles to be opened. He made friends with a specific bartender and tipped him a lot. The bartender explained they were not allowed to give unopened beers. So he would put the unopened beer and a glass on the bar and walk away. My brother in law would just take the beer and put it back in his room. I guess it was the only way the bartender could do it for him and not get in trouble. But still against the rules.

The bartender then was an idiot risking his job.

Walk all the way to the nearest bar & all the way back to the cabin? How dare they make a person do all that work. They should have dial a bar service. Then we could have posts complaining about them charging to bring you a beer.

What is the rationale of denying a passenger an unopened beer? They've paid for it why can't they do what they wish with it? Must be the most insulting ridiculously stupid rule I've ever heard of.

Not at all. They do not want you taking a bunch of beers back to your cabin to potentially share with someone who doesn’t have a package. If you are paying individually for drinks (not the case here), then it makes less sense but, their ship, their rules. Accept them or sail with another line.

Not at all. They do not want you taking a bunch of beers back to your cabin to potentially share with someone who doesn’t have a package. If you are paying individually for drinks (not the case here), then it makes less sense but, their ship, their rules. Accept them or sail with another line.

Ya I second this. Only serving opened beer is a pretty common practice in most bars/venues on land as well.

I don't generally drink beer so it's not an issue for me personally. I don't agree with it and it is overly restrictive. Besides, aren't they making both people in a cabin get the package (with certain exceptions I've read about here)? So who are you supposedly giving these beers to, strangers? It's not a nice way to treat the customer period.

I can't speak about RC. I am taking my first cruise with them April 2019, but on Carnival last June, when I got a Miller Lite, they would just twist the top of the aluminum bottle. I wanted to stock some for the room incase I hit my 15 drink limit later in the week on sea days. So I just took several a day and screwed the top back on and put in my mini fridge in the room.

I don't generally drink beer so it's not an issue for me personally. I don't agree with it and it is overly restrictive. Besides, aren't they making both people in a cabin get the package (with certain exceptions I've read about here)? So who are you supposedly giving these beers to, strangers? It's not a nice way to treat the customer period.

I lot of the time not everyone in your whole group stays in the same cabin. So you could have buddies that are in another cabin coming into your cabin and drinking the drinks from your package.

I agree that it sucks for it to be like this but I totally understand why it is.

Hopefully they want put a maximum drink limit lake Carnival has done to help curb sharing.

Besides, aren't they making both people in a cabin get the package (with certain exceptions I've read about here)? So who are you supposedly giving these beers to, strangers? It's not a nice way to treat the customer period.

One of the reasons both don't have to buy the package is that the other person doesn't drink alcohol. No proof is necessary, so if the husband has the package and asks for the beer(s) to be unopened, he could theoretically take the beer(s) to the cabin for the wife to drink.

I'm sure Royal Caribbean is doing this to be sure, or as sure as they can be, that the package isn't shared even though we KNOW no one would lie and say my wife/husband etc. doesn't drink. This is my take on the reason, but, of course, I could be wrong.

What is the rationale of denying a passenger an unopened beer? They've paid for it why can't they do what they wish with it? Must be the most insulting ridiculously stupid rule I've ever heard of.

You must not get out much. Pretty much every land based bar has the same policy to a) prevent people from obtaining drinks for others, who may potentially be underage and b) prevent people from taking beers "to go" which may be illegal depending on local laws (not applicable on the ship, of course)