Trying to anticipate lobster tail night in MDR on Equinox Western Caribbean Aug 11

ricklepickle

We are on the Equinox, sailing Aug 11-18, Western Caribbean. I'm ruling to figure out which night to book dinner in a specialty restaurant for a birthday celebration, but I know my family, and they won't be happy with me if miss the night in the MDR with lobster tails. Yes, I know Murano's will be better - but we (mostly my dad) will want it both nights!

Which night do they typically serve this? The itinerary is

Day 1: Miami

Day 2: Key West

Day 3: Sea day

Day 4: Costa Maya

Day 5: Cozumel

Day 6: Cayman

Day 7: Sea day

What's typical?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's usually the second formal night. My guess would be the evening your are in Cayman. We did the same cruise last summer and I am fairly sure that's the night we had the lobster.

We are on the Equinox, sailing Aug 11-18, Western Caribbean. I'm ruling to figure out which night to book dinner in a specialty restaurant for a birthday celebration, but I know my family, and they won't be happy with me if miss the night in the MDR with lobster tails. Yes, I know Murano's will be better - but we (mostly my dad) will want it both nights!

Which night do they typically serve this? The itinerary is

Day 1: Miami

Day 2: Key West

Day 3: Sea day

Day 4: Costa Maya

Day 5: Cozumel

Day 6: Cayman

Day 7: Sea day

What's typical?

I did the same itinerary aboard Equinox--also Saturday to Saturday--in early December...

On that sailing [i just looked], the Evening Chic nights were on Day 2 [sunday/Key West] and--counter to my pre-cruise prediction--on Day 5 [Wednesday/Cozumel]... Lobster is typically served in the Main Dining Room on the second Evening Chic night... Worked out for us in any case [five of the six of us are lobster enthusiasts] as we'd booked Murano for Day 6 [Thursday/Grand Cayman] in anticipation that it would be the second Evening Chic night...

Rotating Hotel Directors--in consultation with the rotating Captains--can, and do--sometimes reset the schedule to meet their preferences...

Sorry to say that the lobster was one of our least enjoyed meals on our December cruise on the Eclipse. They were teeny-tiny and dry as sawdust. The butter barely helped. Our entire table of six had the same reaction. Virtually all our other meals in the MDR were very good to outstanding EXCEPT that one. Several of us asked for another appetizer or salad after the entrees.

Sorry to say that the lobster was one of our least enjoyed meals on our December cruise on the Eclipse. They were teeny-tiny and dry as sawdust. The butter barely helped. Our entire table of six had the same reaction. Virtually all our other meals in the MDR were very good to outstanding EXCEPT that one. Several of us asked for another appetizer or salad after the entrees.

I fully anticipate this to be the case. But, not the point: my dad, who is paying for the trip, will want to be there!

Thanks for the help. My brother's birthday is actually the first Sea Day, day 3. So likely that is the date we will book the dinner - but I thought that might be a formal night, and maybe the lobster night. Sounds like based on past experience, that night would be good.

Knowing of course that things can change...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, there may be hope, in June our lobster tails were perfectly cooked and delicious. They are always on the small side which is why I order 2 tails, on a previous cruise me and a friend were sill hungry so we ordered an additional 2 tails. I sound like a total pig but they were about 4 ounce tails (if that) and we had late seating so I wasn't too concerned about someone missing out because of my gluttony:halo:. But speaking of lobster, the tails we got on the Infinity last October in Blu were some of the best lobster I've had anywhere.

Last June on that same itinerary I'm almost positive the formal nights were Key West and Cayman (day 2 and day 6).