Kids sail Free!

lais

, as even a sold-out Insignia was only going to have around 650 passengers total..

650 passengers assuming 2 per cabin. Add some kids in but where would they fit? Unless you have a PH the cabins are small.

Now instead of saying “kids sail free” they are calling it

“Special family Offer”. 2nd and 3rd person in stateroom under 17 sail free. I guess they must think saying “kids free” is a turn off for many.

Any idea of Virgin's target demographic?

Here's an article I read recently about it. Having people that's never cruised before do the planning almost sounds like a catastrophe in the making.

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/virgin-voyages-hopes-to-appeal-to-virgin-cruisers-with-its-new-line?mbid=nl_052418_Intel&CNDID=31497495&weekday_photo=2&spMailingID=13574927&spUserID=MTMzNDg1MTkxOTk2S0&spJobID=1402211635&spReportId=MTQwMjIxMTYzNQS2

Just the name BOOM BOOM Room would have me running in the opposite directions :eek:

maybe 30 yrs ago it would appeal to us :evilsmile:

Thanks.

Agreed.

And those basket chairs are totally getting hogged.

Now instead of saying “kids sail free” they are calling it

“Special family Offer”. 2nd and 3rd person in stateroom under 17 sail free. I guess they must think saying “kids free” is a turn off for many.

A rose is a rose is a rose!

I am a little surprised because Oceania usually caters to a more mature cruiser. The most kids I’ve seen on Oceania is 1 so I’m not sure how other Oceania passengers would react to this promotion. One of the things I like about Oceania is the quietness of the cruisers so lots of kids would bother me. Don’t get me wrong, I like kids but I like vacations without them.

One of the main reasons we prefer Oceania is that it does not cater to children or have children's programmes. there are lots of other cruise lines that welcome children where they will have good time. The menus and cuisine are geared for adults, it is hard to imagine the average 10 year old preferring the pasta in Toscana to a plate of mac&cheese.

One of the main reasons we prefer Oceania is that it does not cater to children or have children's programmes. there are lots of other cruise lines that welcome children where they will have good time. The menus and cuisine are geared for adults, it is hard to imagine the average 10 year old preferring the pasta in Toscana to a plate of mac&cheese.

You have read the thread right?

Actually Oceania does have a really great kids program for Alaska, but only on some dates, so you can choose to avoid them. My grandkids loved the food on Oceania-tried caviar, sushi, New York strip steak-and all the great desserts. They don't like mac&cheese. There were kids items at the Terrace Cafe but they preferred the Grand Dining Room for breakfast and dinner and liked Waves for lunch. They skipped Toscana for a kids pizza party, so I'm not sure what they would have chosen. They also got to tour the bridge, make cookies with the chef, and visit with the captain.

There were 19 kids so they didn't exactly overwhelm the ship. Only unpleasantness I saw on that cruise was one really drunk adult who refused to leave the pool at 10pm and a large noisy celebratory group at one dinner-all adults.

Mary

You've obviously never had dinner with my kids. In fact, they're more likely to try, and enjoy, more foods than most of my adult friends.

Never make assumptions. :)

You've obviously never had dinner with my kids. In fact, they're more likely to try, and enjoy, more foods than most of my adult friends.

Maybe so, but because I've yet to come across a post where a parent admits that their particular child is a hot mess, I will continue to take all of these statements with a grain of salt.

bad-child.jpg

540fcca1a4e83_-_manners_post-lg.jpg?resize=768:*

I'll admit up front I have 4 kids, ages 12-18, and my youngest (boy) can occasionally blow my mind sometimes ("why on earth would you DO THAT??") And I don't love kids just 'cuz they're kids. They don't get a pass for being small.

From earlier in the thread. He's not a hot mess at this point, but few teens/tweens are. He is occasionally sticky, and forgets to wear deodorant sometimes.

But he'd be thrilled to eat his way around any O ship.

We shall have to agree to disagree on children in general, I believe.

SaveSave

My 8 year old son keeps begging to join us on Insignia this summer. Thank goodness it's our honeymoon so we can say no!

Honestly though, he'd love Oceania. He's happy with good food and good service, as long as he can bring a suitcase full of books and his Nintendo DS.

You can and should say NO any time without guilt He is a child, your an adult.. Kids should not tell their parents what to do.

Tell him to get a job and book a cruise himself

What should be apparent on this board is that there are plenty of adult Oceania cruisers who are hot messes.

Maybe so, but because I've yet to come across a post where a parent admits that their particular child is a hot mess, I will continue to take all of these statements with a grain of salt.

bad-child.jpg

540fcca1a4e83_-_manners_post-lg.jpg?resize=768:*

In fairness, I've never come across a thread where an adult admits to being a hot mess. And yet...