How do you pick your cabin ?

First of all it has to be a balcony cabin, secondly it has to be between two decks that are occupied by cabins only and most important it has to be near the food that is readily available for most of the day and no more than two flights of stairs so I can get there quick.:D:D :D

For us, must not have a balcony as we travel with our kids and balconies make me nervous (more for the rest to book!). Besides that, we’re not generally too fussed. Close to coffee is a bonus but not a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First of all it has to be a balcony cabin, secondly it has to be between two decks that are occupied by cabins only and most important it has to be near the food that is readily available for most of the day and no more than two flights of stairs so I can get there quick.:D:D :D

You’ve pretty much got it, except mid ship.

All good points. Fortunately all my family travel well so midships is not a must for us. I agree with being near a lift & stairs.We were right near the lifts & stairs on the Ovation, I was a bit bothered when we booked about noise but it was the quietest cabin we have had. Kids are all grown up but if they were small I would also worry about a balcony.

Usually the lowest deck there are balconies midship, mid aft or mid forward. We have always had cabins reasonably close to stairs and lifts. We don't mind the walk to either end of the ship though.

Leigh

First thing study deck plan, to see what is below and above, look at photos of ships. to see balcony size and coverage....... Yes you guessed.. we are particularly about our cabin and location, as we use it quite a bit...

favourite cabin is aft suite.. particularly on sea days 198 days till next cruise

PS also you just walk to the end of corridor and your there ( no looking at numbers )

Cheers Don

Midships, cabins above and below. Sometimes an inside cabin, sometimes a balcony, it depends on the ship, the itinerary and the fare deal. On Princess we usually book an inside cabin and spend some of the savings on the Sanctuary. On Celebrity we book a balcony with the drinks package perk.

I usually go gaurantee Balcony; With Carnival. Always had no problem; If i get deck 8 just under the lido deck (food & pools) always have got a extended Balcony, & haven't heard a noises at night.. This next cruise June, have picked a room as i want to try a suite coming back from Singapore.

Once booked a pack"n"go Melbourne cup cruise got a interior ajoining room & heard the other couple fighting all the time....

Decks 6 & 7 best for you...

It really depends on the cruise length and the itinerary. But generally, I like my cabin to be right at the back either port, starboard or the Aft cabins, it does mean long walks and this cuts out traffic past the door. Sandwich deck and around deck 7, 8 or 9 usually fits the bill on most ships.

we have to have a window (at minimum) - due to having 2 intellectually impaired children we spend a bit of time in the cabin so a window is a must. next is location - needs to be between two decks of cabins (we cruised on the carnival spirit once and ended up in a cabin below the disco - was not fun). than it's price.

I have just picked my cabin for the first time, and I guess all the advice here has stuck. I went for a balcony, cabins above and below, close to lifts, but not too close and two floors up to the bar :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have just picked my cabin for the first time, and I guess all the advice here has stuck. I went for a balcony, cabins above and below, close to lifts, but not too close and two floors up to the bar :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good work.

Now they will probably offer an upgrade to a higher category cabin below the pool deck.:p

Sometimes I pick a cabin before picking a cruise [emoji849] Always wanted to try the extended balcony on the mini suites on the last cabin on Emerald deck on Princess. Found one on a short cruise to Tassie so booked it. Plus I wanted a farewell cruise on the Diamond before she leaves us.

As I travel solo I also look at price per day and go from there with a price I am happy with .

Like most others I like a balcony with cabins above. Although wanting to try a Riviera deck cabin on Sun Class , I booked a cabin on deck 12 once. It was lovely and quiet and handy to spa and Horizon court . Didn’t notice too much noise from above.

Have also tried a Window Suite on Golden on a 3 night cruise last year. That was great and didn’t miss the balcony , and now that the Golden is leaving in 2020 have booked 22 more days on her in the Window suite (over 3 cruises). Figure it’s the only way I’ll get to try a suite.

When it’s a new ship to me like Majestic , I spend a lot of time on here and google before finding my cabin!

Also prefer being aft which on some ships is a long walk to things but it’s a pay off for being quiet. And it’s forced exercise just like the stairs that I always use (for now [emoji38])

And finally good question , it made me think about how I pick my cabin.

Also prefer being aft which on some ships is a long walk to things but it’s a pay off for being quiet. And it’s forced exercise just like the stairs that I always use (for now [emoji38])

That is my preference too and for those reasons.

One thing which is great about cruise ship , is they have lots of different cabins to choose from.

Sort of like a resort ( not a hotel ) where view, location to bar and pool, are all things to consider. but the big thing on a ship is the movement , so a mid ships is good for less pitching motion. also at the end of corridor is good if you don't like people walking past your door... Unless you have a mobility issue, stairs and walking up and down the corridors, to get around the ship is good for a bit of exercise...

But to some a cabin is simply to sleep or at the opposite end their own private world.

So all in all chill and enjoy your cruise where ever you put your head down.

Cheers Don under 200 days till the next one