Mykonos DYI

stunned

Would appreciate any advise on Mykonos - would like to see the windmills, Little Venice then spend time at beach. Is this all walkable from cruise port or will we need a city bus? If so what number etc... thanks.

A lot depends on what your ship does. We were supposed to dock so I had planned to walk to a beach near the port and then after lunch shuttle into town. On day before we were told that we would be tendering instead. That puts you right into town. So we flipped our plans, spent the morning in town, grabbed a bite, (did not want to waste time tendering back and forth) and then took a city bus to a local beach. My advice is to plan for either possibility and go with the flow . Certainly time to do both a beach and town.

What bus depends on which beach you select.

A lot depends on what your ship does. We were supposed to dock so I had planned to walk to a beach near the port and then after lunch shuttle into town. On day before we were told that we would be tendering instead. That puts you right into town. So we flipped our plans, spent the morning in town, grabbed a bite, (did not want to waste time tendering back and forth) and then took a city bus to a local beach. My advice is to plan for either possibility and go with the flow . Certainly time to do both a beach and town.

What bus depends on which beach you select.

Do you recommend a beach?

Do you recommend a beach?

We went to Platis Gialos and enjoyed it, but others swear by Paradise or super Paradise. Lots of choices. We just wanted something close to town and where we could rent a lounger and get some food or drink service.