mobility issues

tigerwilf

I hope someone can help I just had last minute Achilles’ tendon surgery and have to wear an air cast and be non weight baring as I’m struggling with crutches I have hired a mobility scooter for the cruise this restricts the excursions I can take. We are on Symphony and looking for excursions Rome Naples Capri or any others people can recommend. Thank you.

Hi, Im also on Symphony and will be in an aircast following foot and ankle surgery. I'm in an accessible cabin and RC shows me all sorts of accessible tours. If you are in a regular cabin, I don't know if they may not show on your cruise planner ask RC what accessible options there are. Most of the sites are cobble stones or uneven ground so us mobility challenged folks will be challenged.

Good luck!

I hope someone can help I just had last minute Achilles’ tendon surgery and have to wear an air cast and be non weight baring as I’m struggling with crutches I have hired a mobility scooter for the cruise this restricts the excursions I can take. We are on Symphony and looking for excursions Rome Naples Capri or any others people can recommend. Thank you.

Even though you aren't in an accessible cabin RC can stick get you on accessible tours. Check out this page

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising/accessible-shore-excursions

or email them at :

special_needs@rccl.com

I will tell you that their accessible tours are quite expensive and an outside agency might be a better deal. Hope your recovery goes well

Unfortunately this was a last minute operation and when I contacted RC there was no accessible cabins left. Have you booked any excursions?

Will check out Joe Banana.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to go out in a limb here.... please don't hate the messenger!!! I was on the Navigator of the Seas in December and we booked 2 excursions thru RCL and on both they clearly stated "lots of walking" not for those with mobility issues.... Well I guess not everyone read the descriptions.... on one tour there was a passenger who was in a mobility scooter and was "not small" either ... the driver who had to stow the scooter probably weighed 90 lbs soaking wet... the additional time that was added to our tour as we had 3 passengers with mobility issues (only one with a scooter) added up to the point our "free time" was not existent and we waited on these 3 passengers to get on and off the bus at each stop and they held up the entire tour. Our bus driver could barely lift the scooter into the luggage area of the bus... if you are in a scooter- not all buses can accommodate your scooter and not all drivers can either. While we all get that "everyone" can go on a cruise if they can afford the trip... but please respect your fellow passengers and if a tour is "not for those with mobility issues" please heed the warnings!!! There are many alternatives for tours and tour companies- there are private tours and tours which are designed for "everyone".

Ferry to Capri is a good choice. The ferry boats are right by the cruise ship docks. You should be able to get to the ferry without too much trouble. Then on Capri there are a number of little restaurants and shops right by the docks.

You can check here to see some solutions on Capri

http://wheelchairtraveling.com/capri...s-travel-tips/