Victor Bodden guide/driver recommendations? (MERGED THREADS)

RealDeal

Our group of 8 did the Zip and Dip package with Bodden Tours. It was worth the money. I even received an email from Victor the week before we left saying that were tendering into the port (it was not originally a tender port).The guides were fabulous. One person my group was scared to zip line, and they calmed her fears. She loved it. There were even opportunities on some of the lines to do some stunt zip lining, like 'Superman', with the help of the guides. There were stairs to climb going up to the different lines, but nothing that was too difficult. You don't even need to worry about stopping yourself when you are zip lining. They will stop you.

After the zip lining, it was time to visit the petting zoo. If you wanted, you could hold white tailed monkeys, and have parrots land on your head. We saw sloths and other birds.

Afterwards we had just over 2 hours at Banarama Beach. There were guards there to watch over your things while you swam. The only complaint that I had was were a lot of peddlers on the beach selling everything from massages to jewellery.

I had some difficulties with my computer receiving the pictures that I had purchased form the zip lining. Victor personally ensured that solutions were found, and I received all my pictures.

I would recommend this company to everyone.

Just got email--they quoted me $80 for solo when their site says $30 for 2. Rip off.

Which tour are you looking at?

$80 has been the standard solo rate for any of the Roatan driver companies for a private tour, before add-ons for certain entrance fees for a long time.

Here is link to my review which includes our day in Roatan! We used Victor Bodden and had TEX as our driver. He was wonderful and took us everywhere we had on our list and all the things we wanted to do!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2474234

Thanks! Great review. We have Victor Bodden Tours booked for July.

We had an incredible time with Annie, our private tour guide! She laughed with our rowdy group and taught us so many interesting and fun things about Roatan and Honduras as a whole. We stopped at three Caribbean ports while on our cruise and this tour, by far, was our favorite! We will be booking another through Bodden next time we are in Roatan!! :hearteyes:

We had an incredible time with Annie, our private tour guide! She laughed with our rowdy group and taught us so many interesting and fun things about Roatan and Honduras as a whole. We stopped at three Caribbean ports while on our cruise and this tour, by far, was our favorite! We will be booking another through Bodden next time we are in Roatan!! :hearteyes:

We had Annie too for our tour and Ben was the driver. They were absolutely the best! Had a fab time.

Just got email--they quoted me $80 for solo when their site says $30 for 2. Rip off.

That would shock me. I just booked Fun-N-Sun for our October 21st Cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and he responded very quickly and was exceedingly friendly and responsive. He quoted me the advertised price and said we had already met our minimum for that day so we were a go. I even asked about concerns on arriving back on time and he said they would have us back about 3 hours before the ship departed in plenty of time to spend some time shopping around the port as we wished. So far he's been fantastic.

That would shock me. I just booked Fun-N-Sun for our October 21st Cruise on the Liberty of the Seas and he responded very quickly and was exceedingly friendly and responsive. He quoted me the advertised price and said we had already met our minimum for that day so we were a go. I even asked about concerns on arriving back on time and he said they would have us back about 3 hours before the ship departed in plenty of time to spend some time shopping around the port as we wished. So far he's been fantastic.

Why would it shock you? It says $30 pp with 4 person minimum.

Best of Roatan is $40pp for two people. It has been that way for years with most of the tour operators on Roatan.

Why would it shock you? It says $30 pp with 4 person minimum.

Best of Roatan is $40pp for two people. It has been that way for years with most of the tour operators on Roatan.

My point is it would shock me if they quoted more then advertised and he was trying to rip him off.

My point is it would shock me if they quoted more then advertised and he was trying to rip him off.

Oh ok!

I don’t understand what tour the PP was looking at or what price they were expecting. I have always thought transport prices in Roatan were very expensive but having been there last week and seeing the state of their roads, I am beginning to understand.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh ok!

I don’t understand what tour the PP was looking at or what price they were expecting. I have always thought transport prices in Roatan were very expensive but having been there last week and seeing the state of their roads, I am beginning to understand.

We were at Roatan on 3/7/2018 on the NCL Dawn. We booked with Victor Bodden for a tour of Island and a monkey tour. We asked that our driver ( George Martinez ) stop at Elfrida Brooks Elementary School ( a three-room cinder block School ) so we could drop off a tub of desperately needed school supplies that we brought with us. We had to have the Honduran Customs examine the tub to see what was in it before we were given a piece of paper allowing us to take it off the boat. Not too big of a hassle. On the monkey tour, we held a baby sloth, lemurs, capuchin monkeys, toucans, and parrots. Highlight of the whole Cruise. If you are going to Roatan, please consider bringing school supplies to the elementary school as they desperately need just about anything you can think of.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Late start and very crowded. Zip line was good. "Zoo" was OK. Beach - average. All in all, we'd rate the Zip & Dip tour about average. Roads were terrible. Lots of work to keep vans running. Island was typical of smaller Caribbean islands. Nothing special for us. We would not go back to Roatan.

Initially we were very nervous about booking Bodden because 1. we had never been to Roatan 2. never-ever boooked an excursion without going through the ship. It was a wonderful day! Our guide watched the time and made certain we made it back to the ship. $40 pp for the day is well worth it. Our guide was very accomodating to ensure we had the perfect day. Hope you have a wonderful time!

We contacted Victor Bodden for our My 6th Cruise. Upon return after you day were you returned to the taxi area inside the port or were you dropped outside.

We contacted Victor Bodden for our My 6th Cruise. Upon return after you day were you returned to the taxi area inside the port or were you dropped outside.

They bring you inside the port, right to the front entrance.

• 3 weeks later...

Highly recommended Bodden Tours. For $40 pp, we were given a private tour of interesting sites on the island. We were able to do some shopping for homemade goods, taste chocolate at one of the local shops, eat local cuisine, go to the Sloth/Monkey place and spend several hours at Bananarama Beach Resort (with lounge chairs and free wi-fi). Francisco was our guide. He was very patient and knowledgeable. I would use Bodden Tours again if returning to the area.

Private Tour was amazing w/ Bodden Tours!

Review of: Zipline, Monkey and Parrot watching plus Beach Resort Combo Tour in Roatan

we had 14 people in our group and arranged a private tour to hit the zipline, monkey's, sloths and still a few hours to spend at the beach! Our driver (sorry i cant recall his name) and our guide, Annie, were amazing.. Annie gave us an overview of the island and sights as we drove from the port to the Bodden location. it was very informative and interesting.. The guides on the zipline were helpful and a lot of fun to be on the course with. it felt very safe. we had 4 or 5 guides with us during the zipline! the monkey's and sloths was a great experience and seem well cared for.

the only issue we had was that the beach club we went to (Bananarama) was full and we had to divert to another beach club.. (Fosters)... it was a nice beach with a bar/ restaurant and way too many people asking to give massages!!!

i highly recommend customizing a private tour with Bodden!

we had a great time!

We booked a private Best of Roatan tour through Victor Bodden tours on Roatan. Good website, great information and prompt reply from Victor himself. The Best of Roatan tour is basically an 'a la carte' tour with a general sightseeing tour as the base (we were 6 of us, cost $25 each). Then you can add on with things you want to see. We had 2 kids ages 10 and 8 with us so we wanted to make it fun for them as well. Before our departure from home we received our confirmation and lots of tips from Viktor on what to do upon arrival in port, where to walk and where to meet his driver. Our driver William was waiting for us at the exact right spot. He showed us many places on the island with ample time to stop, take pictures, or for buying souvenirs.

We visited the Iguana Farm ($ 10 for adults and kids 10 and older, kids 10 and under are free, pay cash in USD upon arrival at the Iguana Farm). Iguanas were everywhere and the kids had a great time feeding them. Very friendly and knowledgable people explained everything about the Iguanas. There is a little shop with soft drinks, water, snacks and souvenirs. Restrooms.

After the Iguanas we drove to the other side of the island and visited Viktor's Monkey business, the highlight for our kids (and for us). Our driver parked the van right next to the entrance! You pay for the whole tour here at the office (cash in USD, plus the USD 5 for the Monkey place). We right away got a guide from the Monkey place that showed us the different monkeys and were led into one of the monkey cages where we all got to have a monkey on our head or shoulders. So much fun. After that we visited the parrots who all liked to sit on our heads (sharp feet!, and watch out for hearing aids!!). We then went to the sloths and got to hold a sloth, such a sweet animal, and so snuggly!! We all loved the Monkey place even though we felt a bit rushed through it because there were many groups arriving at the same time. There are soft drinks for sale, water and souvenirs. Wifi available. Restrooms.

Our driver took us to some beautiful towns on the beach and we then returned to our ship.

A very enjoyable trip and well worth it to have a private van for the 6 of us. Would totally recommend this to any other cruisers out there and would book with Victor Bodden again.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I did the Zip-N-Dip Group Excursion, which was zip lining (11 zip lines), hanging out with the monkeys & sloths and seeing the birds/parrots and even some deer, and then we went to Bananarama Beach Resort on West Bay Beach (Tabyana Beach) for 2 hours. Our bus tour guide, Elyn, was wonderful – a breath of fresh air. She was very informative and shared several stories with us. She even gave all of the women a free handmade (made by her personally) bracelet at the end of our tour. The whole tour was a 5-hour tour, and it was amazing – really great. They provided lockers to put our valuables in while doing the zip lining and seeing the animals. My favorite part was hanging out with the monkeys and allowing them to jump on our shoulders and head and simply interact with us. We didn’t have time to both eat lunch and snorkel because it took us awhile to figure out where to snorkel, and when we found out, it was a bit of a hike to get to the rocks – all the way to the left when you’re facing the ocean, but when we finally got out there, the snorkeling was truly amazing and the beach is really beautiful there – crystal clear turquoise blue water. The coral there is beautiful and very alive, with plenty of fish to see. My only complaint is that I would have liked to have more beach time so we could eat lunch as well and one of the helpers with the zip line mentioned several times that we need to tip him very well, which I thought was rude. We would have tipped him anyway. We got to personally meet Victor Bodden (the owner) at the beginning of our excursion,and he is extremely pleasant and hospitable. I highly recommend this tour!

Took a tour in Roatan and used Bodden Tours, it was a great tour and have nothing but great things to say. I never felt

that i was being hurried and the driver was very nice. Definitely would use again.

Bodden Private Tour was the highlight of our cruise. William, our tour guide, was amazing and listened to what we wanted to do. We loved Monkey Business, but our favorite thing was snorkeling on a nearly private beach. Our children are in their 20’s and they said this was their favorite as well. Worth every penny!

We recently went on the Fun 'n' Sun tour with Bodden Tours during our cruise port stop in Roatán, Honduras.We started with a sightseeing tour of the island in a comfortable air-conditioned van, then went to Victor's Monkey Business where we spent time with capuchin monkeys, three-toed sloths, macaws, parrots, and white-tailed deer. We then spent two hours on one of the stunning beaches of West Bay at Bananarama Beach Resort. The tour was great fun, and I must point out that the highlight was the extremely knowledgeable, funny, and super-nice guide Elyn Woods!