Ruins Excursions

charisma71

Has anyone recently done any of the Ruins excursions actually through Carnival. There are a few showing up but I've seen people say that after the fairy explosions that they had canceled anyone that booked it. I'm interested in doing one in July.

It's been two years since our last cruise to Cozumel, but we did the VIP Tulum Ruins and Cenote excursion through Carnival. Easily the best excursion we've ever taken.

Edit: Oops, thought you were asking about Cozumel. Didn't realize this was under Costa Maya.

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
Wrong port.

Has anyone recently done any of the Ruins excursions actually through Carnival. There are a few showing up but I've seen people say that after the fairy explosions that they had canceled anyone that booked it. I'm interested in doing one in July.

The cruiseline excursions to the ruins from Costa Maya were suspended after the bus crash. I don’t know if they have been resumed. There are independent tours stil.

Excursions to the mainland ruins were suspended from COZUMEL following the ferry explosion.

Used Native Choice 2 weeks ago to Chachobben. It was a great day, we had lots of fun. Kids even said it was very neat. Our guide Patricio (Patrick) was wonderful. There were probably 30 people or so on our bus and by end of tour he knew everyone's name.

I'm really thinking of doing the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins & Blue Lagoon though Carnival

OK, well that would be from Costa Maya but doesn't involve a ferry.

Not sure if cruise lines have resumed these tours after bus accident, you would need to contact Carnival direct, although in my experience, shore side is usually last to have the correct information. You may not know until you are onboard. Maybe try reaching out to some recent Carnival roll calls or the main Carnival board? Native Choice recommended above have been a long standing tour company in Costa May with good reputation. Main snag is the distance to their office from the port which requires very short taxi ride, or long walk.

We just did the Native Choice ruins and lagoon and it was great. Highly recommend instead of doing a ship tour.

I second this recommendation. We did the Native Choice Extreme Tour that went to the ruins and lagoon. It sounds like the same your mentioned above through Carnival. I would check the price and tour length and go with the one that is the best value.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just did the Native Choice ruins and lagoon and it was great. Highly recommend instead of doing a ship tour.

Us, too. We just got back last week and booked the tour directly through Native Choice. I believe it was $300 for our family of 4 that included a trip to the ruins and then lunch and swimming/kayaks at Bacalar Lagoon Resort. It was a great day! Our guides and driver were wonderful and we got the freshest pineapple we've ever tasted on our way back to the port. It was delicious. ** Note: If you go to the lagoon, make sure to bring water shoes. There is no beach there and the bottom of the water is rocky quite a ways out.**