Subway from Piraeus to Athens

bjay3

Has anyone taken the subway into Athens since they introduced the new ticket system. Last time we were there, you could buy a 24 hour ticket for the bus to the subway and then into Athens from the kiosk across the street from the cruise terminal. Is that still possible?

With the introduction of the HOHO bus and the express bus, both of which are a lot more convenient to the cruise terminals, I don't think many cruisers use the metro any longer. I know that doesn't answer your question, but if you haven't been to Piraeus in a few years, you might want to investigate these newer options.

With the introduction of the HOHO bus and the express bus, both of which are a lot more convenient to the cruise terminals, I don't think many cruisers use the metro any longer. I know that doesn't answer your question, but if you haven't been to Piraeus in a few years, you might want to investigate these newer options.

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I had already looked at these 2 options but we not looking for any kind of tour. We have been to Athens a few times and only want to get into the city to go to a couple of favourite places on our own.

thanks

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I had already looked at these 2 options but we not looking for any kind of tour. We have been to Athens a few times and only want to get into the city to go to a couple of favourite places on our own.

thanks

The express bus is just a ride into town and back.

• 1 month later...
The express bus is just a ride into town and back.

Is this a city bus? How would I take that? I was thinking about the metro also, I didn’t know there was an express bus. Or even what is meant by “express” honestly.

Is this a city bus? How would I take that? I was thinking about the metro also, I didn’t know there was an express bus. Or even what is meant by “express” honestly.

It is a bus service offered by the city, also called the X80 bus. (If you search "X80 bus" you'll find more information on this forum, but also Google it....)

It stops in front of both passenger terminals at Piraeus port and then takes you to Athens, with a several stops -- including ones for the Acropolis and one for Syntagma Square. It's quite inexpensive and very easy -- much better than using the metro IMO. I think the cost for a day ticket is around 4 or 5 euros, I am not sure if the price may be raised this year or not.

It is a bus service offered by the city, also called the X80 bus. (If you search "X80 bus" you'll find more information on this forum, but also Google it....)

It stops in front of both passenger terminals at Piraeus port and then takes you to Athens, with a several stops -- including ones for the Acropolis and one for Syntagma Square. It's quite inexpensive and very easy -- much better than using the metro IMO. I think the cost for a day ticket is around 4 or 5 euros, I am not sure if the price may be raised this year or not.

Thank you very much! Exactly what I needed to know.