Las Sirenas at Mayan Princess AI

CJDepew

When doing research on Las Sirenas I couldn't come up with much. Was there last week and spent a great day. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Seating area

40602100542_e72b8a69d8_b.jpglas sirenas by Carolyn Shelly

View from my lounge chair

40602100352_75ed00f0ac_b.jpglas sirenas2 by Carolyn Shelly, on Flickr

Bar area

39748092645_cd088ed80b_b.jpglas sirenas3 by Carolyn Shelly, on Flickr

Pool area

40602100302_a4ccbcf2d1_b.jpglas sirenas4 by Carolyn Shelly, on Flickr

More pool

40602100162_acb5cd25ed_b.jpglas sirenas5 by Carolyn Shelly, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

We are planning to go there in May. Did you think it was worth the price? The pool looks really small. Is the ocean water very blue and sandy? How about the food and drinks?

We appreciate your time answering our questions.

We are planning to go there in May. Did you think it was worth the price? The pool looks really small. Is the ocean water very blue and sandy? How about the food and drinks?

We appreciate your time answering our questions.

We purchased the $64 package through Shore Excursioneer and it included transportation. Well worth the price. Yes, the pool is small but not a soul was in it each time I passed by. Frankly, with such a beautiful beach, I saw no reason to even use the pool, but wanted to snap a few photos anyway.

The beach and water rivaled our visit to 7 Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. The sand soft and white, and the water was very clear and blue.

Drinks were tasty, but the lunch buffet was only so-so. My husband liked the fried fish fillets, but my burger was nasty. There was also grilled chicken, salad, hot dogs and fries.

My only suggestion would be to get loungers back from the first row. We were the first ones there that day and took chairs closest to the water, but they were also closest to the beach vendors. They do take no for an answer, but it would have been nice not to be bothered. There was resort security on the beach at all times, making sure they moved along, and the waiters were always coming by as well.

Thank you so much for your review of Las Salinas. We purchased the same package as you did. And to think that you thought the beach rivaled GC 7 mile, now that is exciting because I have grown “addicted” to the crystal blue waters of the caribbean. The food at the AI’s have left a lot to be desired so we don’t expect much....after all there is so much food back at the cruise ship, right? Thanks for the tip regarding the loungers. We usually choose one with the most shade, but we spend so much of our time in the water:) with our rashguards on so that we don’t look like lobsters! Can’t wait...7.5 more weeks to go on Allure:):)