Civitavecchia NCL Epic- What time could I be off the ship

daff67

This is my first time doing a Med cruise and cruising with NCL. For disembarkation, what time does NCL start letting people off the ship? We are scheduled to dock at 6:00 a.m. I'm trying to figure out what time to have the transfer service pick us up for FCO. We plan on doing self assist off the ship. Also, will there be dining options as early as 6:00 a.m.?

Thanks,

How are we supposed to know? It depends on port folks, and if you want to try to be first off. Plan on around 7am. If it is a little after that, the private transfer will wait for a while.

The real key is when your flight is. The rest doesn't really matter, the question is can you make your flight. So when is your flight? There are dozens of threads here about timing for flights.

Don't worry, they won't starve you. Breakfast will start early...probably 5am, that morning.

How are we supposed to know? It depends on port folks, and if you want to try to be first off. Plan on around 7am. If it is a little after that, the private transfer will wait for a while.

The real key is when your flight is. The rest doesn't really matter, the question is can you make your flight. So when is your flight? There are dozens of threads here about timing for flights.

Don't worry, they won't starve you. Breakfast will start early...probably 5am, that morning.

I followed the 6 hour guideline so not worried about missing my flight but I don't want to dawdle and I don't want my transfer to leave. Thanks for the advice.

We also disembarked from the NCL Epic in Civitavecchia a couple of years ago. The biggest difference here, as opposed to a Caribbean cruise, is that not everyone will embark and disembark in Civitavecchia. I was surprised how few people did embark and disembark in Civi. I would guess 60% of the passengers on our ship boarded in Barcelona and the rest at the other 4 ports ports. Thus in Civi, it was very easy and not crowded at all. Pretty much walk off whenever we wanted, from what I recall. Good luck and have fun.!

We also disembarked from the NCL Epic in Civitavecchia a couple of years ago. The biggest difference here, as opposed to a Caribbean cruise, is that not everyone will embark and disembark in Civitavecchia. I was surprised how few people did embark and disembark in Civi. I would guess 60% of the passengers on our ship boarded in Barcelona and the rest at the other 4 ports ports. Thus in Civi, it was very easy and not crowded at all. Pretty much walk off whenever we wanted, from what I recall. Good luck and have fun.!

The is the nice thing about this cruise. For over half of the passengers on this ship this is a stop half-way through their cruise so there will not be the same kind of mess you see in Miami where the entire ship is off loaded. You also have the advantage that you will not need to clear any customs and immigration.

Thanks for the advice!. I'll go with my first thought then which was have them pick us up about 7:30.

The is the nice thing about this cruise. For over half of the passengers on this ship this is a stop half-way through their cruise so there will not be the same kind of mess you see in Miami where the entire ship is off loaded. You also have the advantage that you will not need to clear any customs and immigration.

That sounds nice! Disembarking seems to always be so stressful!