Salerno queries

PaulnChristine

Do you have a separate stop in Naples? We did not, so we took a tour of Vesuvius and Pompeii.

Salerno was a beautiful port to sail in and out of.

Yes we dock Naples and Salerno and are doing the Amalfi coast tour which is why we are looking at other options for Salerno, any suggestions welcome

If you are interested in Capri, do that from Naples (much closer and faster, with many more ferry options to choose from) and see the Amalfi Coast from Salerno. That's a much more efficient use of your time.

I was thinking the same but thought I must be missing something.... :confused:

I am on the same Princess cruise and have also been wondering about what to do in Salerno. It seems there are many tours offered that cover both Pompeii and the Amalfi coast. I want to do the Amalfi coast only. It would give me alittle time to explore Salerno. I think I would feel safer booking something over getting a taxi driver when we docked. When in Naples, I thought I would do Pompeii or Capri. But I am also looking for something off the beaten path. Thanks for the ferry idea from Salerno. Im a bit concerned about the crowds and finding my way around if we go in our own.

These are small villages along the Amalfi Coast, it's pretty darn hard to get lost.

The easiest way to travel during the season is by water but, at least as far as I know, there are no organized tours using the ferries, you'd have to DIY. It's awfully easy to do.

These are small villages along the Amalfi Coast, it's pretty darn hard to get lost.

The easiest way to travel during the season is by water but, at least as far as I know, there are no organized tours using the ferries, you'd have to DIY. It's awfully easy to do.

Thankyou. Any village suggestions appreciated